• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendor Question

T

tek20tran

Hi all! An old, off-and-on player returning here. I tend to come back for a bit, then leave for a bit longer. Been playing off and on since summer of 2000. Anyways, I've been toying around with KR, and while I enjoy the new graphical facelift UO has received I'm curious about vendors. I'm kinda OCD when it comes to vendor organization....and I've been thrown a curve ball here. Organization in KR = Mess in 2D and vice-versa. So, what seems to be the more commonly used client on Sonoma? Should I organize my vendors with the 2D client or KR?

L

Lord Drakelord

Hi all! An old, off-and-on player returning here. I tend to come back for a bit, then leave for a bit longer. Been playing off and on since summer of 2000. Anyways, I've been toying around with KR, and while I enjoy the new graphical facelift UO has received I'm curious about vendors. I'm kinda OCD when it comes to vendor organization....and I've been thrown a curve ball here. Organization in KR = Mess in 2D and vice-versa. So, what seems to be the more commonly used client on Sonoma? Should I organize my vendors with the 2D client or KR?
Let say that when I stumble upon a vendor that was set up using KR, I keep going since in 2d I cannot see what is for sale.

A

Ash

You can put the container in 'Freeform view' to arrange things a little better for 2D clients. But I have been having a buggy time with KR and vendors and while I play 90% of the time in KR, I always stock in 2D. The problem I have is if after stocking I select the 'return vendor' option to put vendor back in place it just vanishes without warning, I have always been able to recover my items from the house sign. But have to track down the house owner and get a new vendor placed again.

It is only when I select 'return vendor', but for stocking I just use 2D. I will use KR to pull money from a vendor, but let it auto-return after 2 mins instead of using the menu and risking having it poof on me.

T

tek20tran

Yeah, after consideration, looks like I'll be stocking in 2D. Thanks for the input guys.