• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendor Changes: Can't give more then 1 Million? Intentional?

A

Adder_Atl

I noticed today that I if my vendor is close to a million gold I can no longer give them anymore...I get message saying that they can't accept more then 1 million.

I thought the change was that they couldn't hold more the 1 billion.
(can't find Jeremy's piece on this):link:

Not that they wouldn't be able to accept it over a million.

How does this effect the other vendors which do hold more then that amount.

Do I have to now truck my spare coin to the bank with another account, and then buy something off the vendor in order to store this spare coinage? :sad4:

C

Connor_Graham

I noticed today that I if my vendor is close to a million gold I can no longer give them anymore...I get message saying that they can't accept more then 1 million.

I thought the change was that they couldn't hold more the 1 billion.
(can't find Jeremy's piece on this):link:
This has been in place for quite some time now.

How does this effect the other vendors which do hold more then that amount.
It doesn't until you reach the recently adjusted cap of 1 billion.

Do I have to now truck my spare coin to the bank with another account, and then buy something off the vendor in order to store this spare coinage? :sad4:
Vendors were never meant to be used for gold storage. It even says so in the rules.

R

Radun

Step 1: Look around suspiciously, to see if anyone is watching.
Step 2: Put junky cloth or iron BOD into BOD book.
Step 3: Put BOD book on vendor.
Step 4: Open BOD book and price the BOD for the amount you want to put on your vendor.
Step 5: Buy your own BOD, from your own vendor. (without having to change accounts)
Step 6: Remove empty BOD book from vendor.
Step 7: Happy dance. (the most important step)

T

The Home Guild

THey can hold up to 2 bill.
However "giving" a vendor money aka dropping it on him to get more vendors days is different.

I,as many others have found that if you place a mil check on your vendor and ask a bud to buy it off it.. wal la..or over a mil... understand?

C

Connor_Graham

Step 1: Look around suspiciously, to see if anyone is watching.
Step 2: Put junky cloth or iron BOD into BOD book.
Step 3: Put BOD book on vendor.
Step 4: Open BOD book and price the BOD for the amount you want to put on your vendor.
Step 5: Buy your own BOD, from your own vendor. (without having to change accounts)
Step 6: Remove empty BOD book from vendor.
Step 7: Happy dance. (the most important step)
You have to price the Bod before you put it on the vendor, otherwise when you hit Esc so the book itself doesn't price at 22gp, it will show as not for sale.

:scholar:

The steps should be:

1. Put junk Bod into empty Bod book.
2. Open Bod book and price junk Bod for amount you want to place on the vendor.
3. Place Bod book onto vendor, then hit Esc so the book doesn't default to 22gp.
4. Buy junk Bod out of the book with your own character.
5. Remove Bod book from vendor.
6. Snoopy Dance (a step above a "happy dance")

S

Sarphus

Vendors shouldn't be used for gold storage and IMO the devs should tax the pants off of people who are using vendors for gold storage.

This problem could be fixed like this

1. Add interesting money sinks to spend our gold on. that, they should
2. greatly reduce the cap of gold stored on vendors
3. Disallow selling of checks on vendors (exploit imo)
4. Track gold flows in and out of vendors and tax gold that has been on the vendor over a certain length of time (makes it a lot harder to store large amounts of cash on a vendor)

The critical aspect of fixing this problem is to first give people some interesting things to spend their money on. It doesn't do us any good to limit vendor gold storage as I describe without also creating an avenue for the gold to leave the economy.

The "long term storage" tax is just an incentive to keep money moving through the system. I realize that people would exploit a system as I describe, but it would be a pain to juggle large quantities of gold. I think the tax would work as an incentive...

T

The Home Guild

To many people complaining.
how does one vendor that you'd never know has billions on it affect your game play?
Using up all your storage holding gold in your home cause why? Our bank has a cap on it so you're limited at what it can hold.
I say,leave it be and worry about better concerns.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't use my vendor for gold storage (I don't control the house, and I'm not going to risk my gold on the owner's honesty). However, I personally don't see the problem with using a vendor as a place to keep gold. It is still sitting as a lump somewhere causing inflation. If people can't store gold on vendors, they will store it in other forms (e.g. a commodity deed for 60,000 valorite ingots if worth how many millions?). People sitting on gold is better than people forced to spend it causing the price of items to jump. I think forced spending will cause more inflation than unspent gold sitting on vendor, unless there are some good gold sinks added. Movement of money through an economy doesn't help if there is rampant inflation, nor is it healthy from a game standpoint.

I don't like the idea of taxation of the gold on a vendor. I have no problem with vendor fees, but charging me to hold my gold would be crazy. I always need to keep some gold on my vendor to keep it alive and pay vendor fees. I usually keep 200-300k on my vendor to pay fees for the few times I manage to get it stocked with a few expensive items. If I had to drain that gold and then re-add it to avoid stupid taxes, I would.

R

Radun

sure, vendors weren't origionally intended to be used for storing multi-millions of gold.... does that really mean that doing so is exploiting?
it was never intended for players to HAVE multi-millions of gold in the first place.