• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vanguard Attacks.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are you all doing with the Vanguards?

I got my hands on a dread warhorse and one for my friend. I also got one of those new shields and sword.

Killed alot of nasty's but not find anythign else yet.

L

Legacyee

Where are you fighting ?

What are you fighting ?

Can my crafter kill anything or is it really for all those trained up warriors ?

Can you give us a few details please ?

Am I asking to many questions ?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where are you fighting ? Cove

What are you fighting ?

Liches
Dark Wisps
Shadow Iron Elementals
Dark Wolves
Daemons
Lich Lords
Dark Guardians
Zombies
Brigands
Restless Souls
Nightmares
Vanguards Controllers

Can my crafter kill anything or is it really for all those trained up warriors ?

Not sure how well trained your crafter is but i think you need a good warrior,mage,bard,tamer,.....

Can you give us a few details please ?

Vanguard controllers make more monsters spawn around them when you fight them.
Mystic weapons seems to do more damage against the Vanguard.
If you kill the Vanguard then you can try to tame the dread warhorse. Or you use a bola to trow off he Vanguard and then you can try to tame one without to kill the controller. A small group of people working together can handle the spawn (for now) . a Combination of a Bard,Tamer and Warrior/Archer in a group seems very succesfull. Shadow Eles can only be killed with archery or melee . Theres a time between respawn but it seems less and less in the passing days.
In the next days Delucia and Nujelm will get under attack too. Spawns are in Both Felucca and Trammel.

Am I asking to many questions ? Never!

L

Legacyee

Thanks Frarc
I shall have to creep over and see the new menace in cove.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh i forgot, Vanguards got Chaos shield and Obsidian Blade as loot.

Chaos Shield:

Self repair 5
Reflect Phy Damage 10%
Defence Chance Inc 10%
15 % Phy Resist.
and sefevral just little otehr resist.

Obsidian Blade:

Life Leech 20%
Hit Chance Inc 20%

Both are enhancable with Ingots.

L

Legacyee

is it possible to lure any of those baddies outside of cove or are they already outside ?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you take the Vanguards too far they pop back to a place inside Cove. The first we killed we could kill them outside but they changed that for sure. The first we could swarm with EVS. Thats not possible inside cove. Best is to summon 2 eles outside cove and walk with them inside to help the fight.

L

Legacyee

One more question
How do you know when the vanguard is attacking in cove, I have been down there a few times and nothing was going on, do I just keep trying at odd times or is there another way ?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have my thief in stealth in cove. I log in with her to see if there is any spawn. I have no idea how much time between spawns but it seems more often then before . i think you been unlucky.

It will be easyer to find a spawn when they also are attacking Delucia and Nujelm. More chances to run into them.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just found out that they appear at midnight UO time. i hope you have a wrist watch! :)

L

Legacyee

Thanks Frarc
I do have a clock in my house so that wiil tell me when it's time to go(and die)

N

Nenime

How are you all doing with the Vanguards?
Surprisingly good!

(Usually I spend my time ingame taming whatever isn't fast enough to run away or play unsolicited jarring music. But fighting? Well...)

I expected to die immediately in Cove as I did in the Rift. But the Vanguards are not as tough as this fallen warriors - not to speak of this daemon berserker crap! The spawn is also well-balanced and not too heavy. Doable even for me. As a tamer you have to avoid the elementals of course.

N

Nenime

Omg... keep me away from tameable creatures rolleyes:
Now my stable is full of this dread warhorses. Does anybody want one?

N

Nenime

The invasion is spreading out. After cleaning up Cove, somebody took me to Nujelm. Oh my...

The first Vanguard we encountered showed up as "blackrock infected" which means to me something between paragon and insane mortal. Although discorded my hiryu could barely scratch him. We had to leave because of the spawn anyway. Oh yes... daemon berserkers are party members too now :wall:

*Edit* Traveled a bit around Sosaria and could not find any other invasion spots. Maybe around witching hour like in Cove...
Meanwhile the situation in Nujelm seems to be enduring. The spawn renews at different locations within the city. Till now it is save to enter by teleporting in at the south shore. I will lay out some runes in Cove.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Papua Trammel is now also invaded by Vanguard Controllers... on the Feluccan side there were rumors about spawn in Papua, Serpent's Hold and Nujel'm (didn't check myself all those locations yet).