• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Vamp form thrower beat slasher (Logrus made me tardy!)

J

[JD]

I told myself this was just a test run. I just wanted to check it out real quick before I headed out the door to work.

And then I was doing so well I got determined to slay this foul beast known as the Slasher… so yeah, Logrus didn’t make me leave my house late today, but his video game did!

This is my first Slasher attempt; I’m not reinventing the wheel here or anything. I used a lot of the advice tidbits from you all I picked up in Lord God’s various slasher threads and comments. I did try it in Vampire form though for fun.

He did his freeze and rockfall attack maybe 6-8x which seemed like a lot more than other people were posting about, but I only died once. I used bandies and pots to live through it, and believe me once it happened I kept his ass at 10+ distance the entire time. I felt that my mobility was great to fight him, as he’d start his rockfall and walk towards me so slowly that a couple times by the time he got to me the rockfall was over or nearly over and I took practically no dmg. It took a while to figure this out so the first few times were a little less elegant.

The most I hit him for was like 240-244 I think, and hits when I wasn’t AIing/LSing were 50-60ish. Come to think of it I hit Rikky for about the same max. Not sure what else I can do to up that, I remember someone posting an AI on a Rat Chieftan a while back for 270.

I used a 100% physical demon slayer Soul Glaive, EOO, 100 DI, Perfection, and had 141 STR un-potted. Was gonna bring some str pots to hit 150 but again this was just a test run so I came down with a minimum of what I needed. I actually started running low on bandies so I started relying on confidence for heals to conserve bandies for the rockfalls. Overall I used around 120 enhanced bandies.

I dragged off the pesky bane dragon before I began. I also unequipped my throwing weapon and I was lucky enough to find him in the center house instead of chasing Hellhounds, so as you see I did get perfection off.

Slasher has this annoying dismount attack that would knock me out of flying and take me down 1/2 to 2/3 of my health. That hurt the most.

The cursing was annoying, he is curse crazy. They weren’t too bad, I would either chiv remove curse or offscreen and do it if he was nuking me.

I think the fight took around 40 min. There’s some things I’ll tweak and see if it goes faster.

The template I used is (I am on a 705 skill pt 1 year old account):

120 Throwing (+10 from Jewels)
120 Bush
100 Tactics
85 Anat
99.x Healing (soulstoning Healing around I accidentally had it set to train down, whoopsie)
99 Necro (Could also go with 40 nec and 60 SS here for whammy mode)
70 Chiv
Rest Focus (could have done SW for Attunement)

Vamp form was ok for Slasher but I change stuff around depending what's needed...

V

Vaelix

I havent tested this cause I am not a big PvM buff, but, I've heard that luring the slasher into that little Virtue circle gazebo thing in the center will actually weaken him and make him easier to fight..

Thats speculation though, as I am not 100% Sure.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That speculation is 100% false.

Slasher is no easier relative to where you try to fight it.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

In terms of the Chamber Of Virtue giving some unseen advantage (to the player) when killing it, I've never experienced any difference, however, it can be easier to fight it away from the Bane Dragon and Hounds. Depending on various things like loyalty to the Bane and also how your character heals. So in that regard only it can be easier to fight in certain locations.

Well done JD.