• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Val help

• Thread starter SyKo of GL
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SyKo of GL

I just made a miner/mule char, havnt had one in a few years. i know they changed the vein system so that it changes so people cannot script mine the valorite veins for turn in points. was curious though if it is completely random? like if i have 100 mining, do i have the same chance of finding valorite in a dangerous fel spot, as i do in the mountain southof new haven? are there spots that will not spawn high lvl ores? any and all input is greatly appreciated =)

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From my observations it is random. It seems to follow the same pattern as lumberjacking in that when you empty a spot it usually repawns the same type of ore/wood for a while, so you might get lucky and hit a Val spot and be able to mine it out several times before it changes to something else. Normally I just get a fire beetle and packy and start mining just outside of Luna and go down the mountian, and depending on what I need I might mark runes to spots with the ore I need and make a point of coming back and re-mining those spots.

M

miss uo

From my observations it is random. It seems to follow the same pattern as lumberjacking in that when you empty a spot it usually repawns the same type of ore/wood for a while, so you might get lucky and hit a Val spot and be able to mine it out several times before it changes to something else. Normally I just get a fire beetle and packy and start mining just outside of Luna and go down the mountian, and depending on what I need I might mark runes to spots with the ore I need and make a point of coming back and re-mining those spots.
Malas caves are so good to me.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get double resources in fel, so it's better to mine there (and stick to guard zones if you want). Basically each time you mine a spot it has a chance to change to something else.

With a prospectors tool you can quickly tell what the spot is when you upgrade it, so you can move up and down a mountain and through caves, then mark when you get to agapite (if you use a garg pickaxe as well), verite, and valorite, mine out the spot and build up a book, replacing runes as they no longer give you val.

It's not a bad little system, you can get a decent amount of val with a bit of effort put in, and the more out of the way your spots are the more likely you will get to mine them all out yourself.

I

ianubisi

It's completely random. I have found a very healthy amount of Verite and Valorite veins just by strip mining regularly. Besides, the rest of the ore I get along the way sells well.