• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Using Salvage Bags

B

Banner

Using the savage bag to recycle cloth why does it drop all the "cut cloth" in you main bag not stacked?? when i use the savage bag to recycle ingots it stacks them.. and when you start out the cloth is stacked? Am I doing something wrong?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's a minor bug with the bag. As long as the cloth is the same color, you can just move it back into the bag (where it should stack), or just craft with it. Not sure if using the organizer agent of UO Assist will let it stack in the bag, but if you're just going to immediately recraft with the material, it isn't that much of an issue. Submit it as a bug, and maybe they can fix it in the new publish.

B

Banner

Thanks Basara, I think your right it maybe just a bug. will turn it in and see what happens.. It really doesnt mean that much, just that it would work a little faster and keep my bag organized..

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this will help, just skimmed your post..

Can you use a sewing kit > Materials > combine Cloth to help you organize the cloth? You get one stack per color, Though you get the folded cloth style vs the freshly cut style of cloth.

This won't solve the problem but may expedite your organization process.

P

Papadom

Where can I buy a salvage bag? is it a NPC item, Quest item, player made item?

NM

IC you can buy one from a prov for around 1k

R

Rustedblayds

ooo like this thread. Thanks...gives me more reason to loot everything now :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That was weird - my first attempt to reply was eaten by the system.

Crafting Guides Thread: This thread gives the results of a study of the Salvage Bag's uses, for smiths.

The short version is that you get back one more ingot for each smith item you salvage with the bag, than without it, and it does a "Batch recycle" (everything in one second).

Notes:

1. The formula for what you get back from Recycling smith items is as follows:

Ingots Back = (Mining Skill * 0.66%)*(Ingots used to craft the item normally), +1 if using a Salvage Bag. This is rounded down, ALWAYS. Also note that you have to have the proper mining skill to dig the metal, in order to recycle items made of that metal (in other words, you need at least 65 mining to smelt a dull copper item, even if you are a 120 smith)

To get back 2/3 of the ingots from a smithed item, not counting the +1 from the bag, one needs to have 101.1 mining (high-90s mining, while wearing +3 Studded Leather Mining gloves or the +5 Ringmail Mining gloves - both gloves are low-end BOD rewards)

2. Tailors only get a maximum of 50% back on their junk, at somewhere around GM skill. The bag does not give any extra material back. However, the bag has some other conveniences for tailors.
a. the Bones/Bone piles that have to be cut to be turned into the crafting resource bones, can be cut using the salvage bag - and doing so while overweight will NOT drop the bones to the ground, as cutting the bone piles one at a time while overweight does.
b. Its "All at once" method makes cutting bones, or turning oil cloths into bandages, a very easy action, as opposed to the tedious job it was before. In fact, it makes the old macros for making a single item and immediately recycling it obselete (not to mention the old Recycle bag option of UOA). It is now much, MUCH quicker to make as many of an item you can hold each time (by weight or item count), then use the salvage bag once.
c. The Male armor (leather & studded) pieces oriented with their axis running on the "East/West" line (found only as loot) have long been bugged, and not able to be recycled. The bag will recycle them.
d. Do note that if training with cloth, remove any extra cloth from the bag before you recycle, otherwise that cloth will be turned into bandages.