• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

User Interface Addons

• Thread starter RayneStorm
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

RayneStorm

One of the good points of WoW is that Blizzard allows users to create and use Addons for the interface. I've been thinking about redoing my mage interface, and I was wondering if anyone has some favorite addons they'd like to mention.

/discuss!

L

Lord Abernathy

Heh, i don't use add-ons either....i used to though, but it was just too much trouble when you hadda renew them each time Blizz gives out a patch.

besides, i find Blizz's interface to be pretty decent...so i'm cool with that.

I

imported_Jazmine

<blockquote><hr>

Heh, i don't use add-ons either....i used to though, but it was just too much trouble when you hadda renew them each time Blizz gives out a patch.

besides, i find Blizz's interface to be pretty decent...so i'm cool with that.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's very true, it can be a pain updating them if you use a lot..Thankfully we don't get patches too often so it's not so bad.

But some mods make the game so much easier..Having a coords mod that also let's you leave notes on your map is so helpful when it comes to questing..I know there have been several times when I was lost about where to go for a quest so I just hop over to wowhead, type in the name of the quest, get the coords and I'm done! Plus the notes are always there for when you decide to level another toon and forget where to go.

I suppose it's all a matter of personal preference, but I'm all for anything that makes my life a bit easier.

M

Muhammed Abdul

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Where can you get these addons? Are they trustworthy?

One I'd find particularly useful is the map coordinates one.

aj

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get coords with this simple script, no need for an addon. Just ctrl-c and ctrl v this text into your chat box:

/script px,py=GetPlayerMapPosition("player"); DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(format("%s: %.2f, %.2f",GetZoneText(),px*100,py*100));

Of course dumping that as a macro would be the way to go, and then just put the macro icon on your action bar or bind it to a key.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm. I tried that both in the chat box and as a macro on Vek'nilash. I got "Elwyn Forest: 0.00, 0.00"

*later*

And now it is working fine. Did not make any changes. Perhaps their coordinator was temporarily in the loo or something.

G

I use:

Bartender3 (A MUST have for Hunters and Locks)
Titan Panel
Cartographer
Atlas Loot
WMDB
Damagemeter
Fishing Buddy

I used to play with nothing, I got my hunter to 60 pre-BC without any addons. Then I started raiding and... well it helps a whole hell of a lot to have them.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the full list of Addons I use.

CTmod [Full package]
Bagnon
OmniCC
X-Perl Unitframes
Atlas
Atlasloot
Decursive
Damagemeters
Omen Threat Meter
Deadly Boss Mods
Azcastbar
Titan Panel

Yeah, big list but they make the game so much nicer/effective and fun.