• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

URL Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a disaster.

If you are going to implement something like this at least put it in the patch message in giant bold lettering.

Why on earth you are banning people for posting URL's in game is beyond me.

Get Customer Service off our backs. THIS IS OUR GAME.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love how people are treating this as if it were something new. That rule has been in for at least six years now, if not longer.

K

Kith Kanan

and EA does not have a clue.. whats your point Connor ???

buuhuu we are the mighty EA , and we own the game , so we can do what we want..... Yeah kinda but if it pisses of all the customers so they leave , you kinda dont own anything thats worth shid now do you....... anyone could own the game ( and anyone could prob do a better job ) but with no customers..... well I think you get the picture .....

Connor m8 you kinda need to get ya head out of EA's heini.....

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love how people are treating this as if it were something new. That rule has been in for at least six years now, if not longer.
yeah but they just start banning people out of nowhere for it. totally uncalled for. even Jeremy admits the policy has flaws.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This refers to the UO Terms of Service, which have been around for a long time. I understand you are trying to make it sound dramatic, but actually the bans hit only those people who use URLs in game which violate the Terms of Service. Like sites that are selling game-items for real money.

And, by the way, those people are not perma-banned. They are banned for 24 hours. It is a fair measure against people who are ruining the game's economy by advertising item-selling sites in-game.

Thank God the days are over, where Luna bank and every moongate was littered with books advertising a certain site selling gold and items for real $.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
There is already a thread on this topic. Please use that thread... And be excellent to one another. *narrows eyes*

Status
Not open for further replies.