• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Updater problems?

M

MandiK

I am trying to update into EA Land, but the updater gets stuck at 0% everytime, then eventually it pops up Castanet error. I have deleted that folder & restarted, but still nothing.

Also, I have Vista, but I have already turned off my UAC thing. Is there anything else I need to do to get this to work?

My husband is downloading it on his computer (he has XP) and it is working with no problem.

G

Are you running it as Administrator? Meaning, do you right-click on the launcher and select "Run as Administrator"?

C

Catwoman1966

Absolutely the same thing happening here too.. also running Vista.

Cat.

G

it is now 4:30 EST. and I have been doing the update since 11 am. It is going through, but VERY slowly. I am only at 60 percent now after 6 hours. This is y first time entering EA Land as my sims were just moved there lastnight. I have been reading on the problems with the update all week now. If I will have to go through this daily just to play, it isn't worth it. It will my bedtime by the time I get it done ad able to play every day if this is the case. I also take online courses that I was not able to do today due to the long update. Will we need to do the update every time we go to enter EA Land or is this a one time thing once we are finally there? If this is every day, I will probably cancel my sub. after 3 years of being here, I can't go through this every day, or any time I do wish to play, which is daily after my courses are finished.

G

Have u tried to delete the Castanet folders out of TSOClient and TSOPatch, and then tried to update again? That usually fixes the problems right away.

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

when they did the updater today.... I did it .. and now I have no sims in Ea Land.. when i load tso... it comes to a screen to select the sim you wanna play... But they are all listed in betaville and under assumed names.... I cant play ... how do i get my sims back???

Please help

C

Catwoman1966

Trying that now but no joy, just will not update at all.

Cat.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

Have u tried to delete the Castanet folders out of TSOClient and TSOPatch, and then tried to update again? That usually fixes the problems right away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I deleted both, now it is stuck at 'waiting for a response from downloads.tso' or whatever. It's not even going as far as it was before.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I deleted both, now it is stuck at 'waiting for a response from downloads.tso' or whatever. It's not even going as far as it was before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Werid that usually works, Maybe there is something wrong with your updater?

C

Catwoman1966

I'm now getting the 'verifying' stage, then that is followed up by the usual 'unable to connect to server', 'error updating the updater'.

Cat.

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

is this tso patch thing your talkin about .... the verifing or about my sims that are missing?

P

Paulina

I am interested to see how long this will take to get fixed. I am back in the Updater-Verifying loop again, after it worked perfectly fine this morning. I was able to log in to EAland and TC3 this morning and then into TSO.

If you are planning on shutting down the Production Cities tonight, you guys better make sure that the Connection problems are fixed. This is getting old.
My other question is, i remember a shut down of some Servers a little while back to bring in some new Servers or Hardware to handle the new Code. Refresh my memory, but if they are new how come the excuse is the " old hardware"? It is starting to smell in here..and it isn't the smell of roses.

I appreciate the work you Dev's are doing, but now it seems like you are being pressured, probably from EA to get moving on this and get it done. But not all the problems as you can see have been ironed out. If this happens every other day, you can betcha people (like me) are going to be fed up and choose not to play anymore.

With all the team members you have working on this , one should be capable enough to figure this out for once and for all.
If i would allow something like this to happen over and over again in my Job..well let's just say i would not be employed anymore.

C

Catwoman1966

VERY well said Paulina.. I couldn't have put it better myself!
This is getting old and I for one am sick to death of all these problems we are having and having to pay my hard earned cash for the privilege!!!

Cat.

G

Im in the updater veryify cannot connect to server loop again too, I notified Lee.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

:Sigh:

Ok we are on it.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Lee.

S

Sativa L

<blockquote><hr>

Ok we are on it.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Lee, I am running XP and couldn't get past the updater(first time this has happened for me) Then I tried again, but I clicked on my client shortcut by mistake. I shut that down without going into any sims. This seemed to fix my updater problem as I now out of the "loop".

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok we are on it.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh aright this is 4 days it's been acting up. I hope this can get resolved soon! Thanks Lee for the support and the dedication to this issue!

C

Catwoman1966

OK, mine seems to be downloading now.. will keep you updated

Thanks Lee.

Cat.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks Lee.

Cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have Vista as well, right?
Mine still isnt working.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks Lee.

Cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is working fine now too

C

Catwoman1966

Yes hun I do.. I deleted my .castanet folders and tried again and it worked this time. I'm at 16% as we speak.
Give it another go. Good luck!

Cat.

M

MandiK

I have it downloading on XP on one of our other computers, so there is just a setting in mine (I have Vista) that isnt right. Anyone have any help? I have deleted both castanet folders. I have turned off UAC.

C

Catwoman1966

My UAC is on actually, I forgot to take it off oops lol.

Cat.

E

EAMinkz

Some magic has happened and problems might be resolved.

How are everyone's efforts at updating going?

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have something very off in my computer. I cant figure out what it could be. My firewall is off. UAC is off. Both Castanet folders are deleted. I still cant update, I am actually still getting Castanet error.

M

MandiK

Mine stick on 'waiting for a response from downloads.tso.ea.com:26100' if it helps any. Every single time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice magic wand ya got there Minkz, Im in now, Thanks!

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

how do you wait? Sometimes it takes a few minutes...

[/ QUOTE ]

I stare at it until it gives me the Castanet error, lol. And I have to either click Retry or Quit.

G

I know, this is way out in left field, and I'm basically just guessing now, but - if you completely clear your IE cache and cookies and everything, it might help.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

I know, this is way out in left field, and I'm basically just guessing now, but - if you completely clear your IE cache and cookies and everything, it might help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I am willing to try anything.

Clearing cookies &amp; stuff out now.
Thanks guys, for trying to help. I would love to get back in there tonight, havent seen the world of TSO in a couple months.

M

MandiK

It's working! It is updating!

I couldnt get rid of the Castanet folders. I would delete them, and come back and check, and they would still be gone, so I would try to connect.

Then I would check again, and they would be right back where they were to begin with. I think I might have finally gotten rid of them, not sure.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

It depends where you've been and where you're going.

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent played since last December, so I am sure there are lots of updating to do. I will wait it out, now that it is moving along. Wish me luck.

Thanks guys!

E

EAMinkz

They will come back everytime the Updater tries to find out what files you need.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It depends where you've been and where you're going.

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent played since last December, so I am sure there are lots of updating to do. I will wait it out, now that it is moving along. Wish me luck.

Thanks guys!

[/ QUOTE ]*crossing fingers* Good luck, and hope to see you in game before too long!

1.2GB update... Holy hell!

J

Jordin Red

i have not been able to get on for 2 days now..I deleted Castanet folders and i still get castanet error my fire wall is off and i re downloaded the game 3 times...

J

Jordin Red

when it asks me to do an 1203.2MB update i hit ok it starts the update then it freezes..and sometimes i get a castanet error..

M

MandiK

Mine was almost finished, then it stopped &amp; gave me the castanet error again...

B

BarbaraBGS

I apparently have different symptoms. I'm logging into EALand. haven't been anywhere else.
deleted the .castenet file. I get an error to the update file, then click continue, then get a message "failed to connect to the server, etc. i click retry and we start the process all over again.

Someone tell my roomies i won't be there tonight