• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Updated Stain Mixing Chart

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finally was able to clip my plants to create the rest of the pigments I needed, so I could make all of the colors tonight. When I started mixing colors, I was surprised to find that I could not mix two of the same color to make the bright color. Being the Excel geek I am, I created a new mixing chart that includes the bright pigments.

Rare Fire, Rare Aqua, Rare Pink, Rare Magenta (cannot mix these colors)

Black squares mean you cannot mix those colors together.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool chart :)

I'm having so much fun with these new colours, it's fantastic. Even my tamer is finally wearing the shades of green and silver I wanted for her :)

The only (fairly small) fly in my ointment is that the bright red and the pink look so much alike. The bright red plants are such a glorious colour, I do hope they look at changing the pigment to match a bit better.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NIce chart but please out in a key so i know which the grey with black or black with grey means otherwise AWSOME

AND TY

:party:

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plain + Black = Metal
Plain + White = Off White
Plain + <color> = Bright <color>

Black + <color> = Dark <color>
White + <color> = Ice <color>

Black + White = Ice Black

Yes.. keys are good. oops :)

F

Flora Green

Thanks for the chart, Zym.

Cailleach, I hope bright red is changed at some point, also.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How strange, you could mix to get bright in Beta, I did it. I guess that means the chart on the staining page is inaccurate.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How strange, you could mix to get bright in Beta, I did it. I guess that means the chart on the staining page is inaccurate.

I think the problem is not that we can't get bright red, but that the bright red we get looks almost exactly like the rare pink! The fire is a little off too, but I only know that cos we have a guild member addicted to that particular colour and he was most disappointed when I gave him some to try. Me, I'm not too worried; I can live without temporary blindness caused by glare!

P

pacific lily

just thought I'd bump this up for the dye chemists :)

lily

Thimblepixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get it stickied, as it's so handy? (I know there's a Stratics page, but still..)

L

Lady_Dark

Plain + [color] = Bright color

mixing 2 of the same color doesn't get you a bright, but mixing a plain with a color will get you a bright.

Lady Dark

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a chart I've been using (colours aint accurate but it simplifies things a little) :

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(ps. i think what's happened is the actual colour you get from the Ice and Bright Red stains is the wrong way around perhaps? In other instances the Ice is lighter than the Bright. With Red the Bright is lighter than the Ice...)

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plain + [color] = Bright color

mixing 2 of the same color doesn't get you a bright, but mixing a plain with a color will get you a bright.

Lady Dark

Ack! I stand corrected - just logged in and tried this and you get the message :

"You decide not to waste pigments by mixing two identical colors"

Will have to amend chart now!!