• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Update

J

jubbincake

Does the update seriously take 7 and a half hours? Is there some way around this slow and long download?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update as in you installed from scratch and are updating to today? Yeah, it could take that long. I don't know of a way to get it quicker.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you bought FFXI's 2008 collection, your download shouldn't be too substantial. If your version is older than that, yeah you could push 7 hours, especially if you're on a PS2.

But if you're not installing from scratch (aka, first install, no updates to this point), it shouldn't take nearly as long.

Y

YoungUn

I recently installed the game on a second computer in my house. The game said it would take almost 8 hours for the update, but in reality it only took about 4 and a half. But then, I was downloading it overnight because I knew the update was going to be substantial.
It took a while, but it's so worth it. :D

J

jubbincake

Error code: POL-12303
C:ROM/22/76.DAT

Error code:pOL-1164
Some problems occurred in HDD data.
Please check installation status

D:ROM/99/57.dat

I'm getting these errors every time i try to patch like 5 minutes in

J

jubbincake

Anyone know? I reinstalled redownloaded and reinstalled again. None of this works... i call them and get put on hold for 2 hours and no one picks up. I'm kind of up against a wall right now. Considering their tech support section on their website sucks major balls.