• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Update on local Aussie Shard

• Thread starter Cal_Mythic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
C

Cal_Mythic

Folks,

wanted to make certain you knew we are still working on the local shard for you.
The vendor has been identified. We have the hardware and are configuring it.

Our target is late this week or by middle of next week.

Apologies for the delays. It's tough working ultra-remotely.

- Calvin

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Well, that's good news. Thanks, Cal. :)

S

Silver

just as long as you run it as a test shard 1st and tell everyone to stress it so any problems can be found before it goes live we will be happy

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Yeah!!!! Great Cal!

R

RotsaRuck

I do hope there is some players who will to come back, its so lonely atm. Scared this has taken just too long.

W

Warlord III

dearest Cal !!

Will the server being settle down in these few days? any update information?

P

Piccolo(UO:R)

Anyone else having trouble logging in today? Not just oceania. I can't seem to get past the "Verifying Account".

Bryson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Folks,

wanted to make certain you knew we are still working on the local shard for you.
The vendor has been identified. We have the hardware and are configuring it.

Our target is late this week or by middle of next week.

Apologies for the delays. It's tough working ultra-remotely.

- Calvin
Hi Calvin
Well, we were hopeful for a little while but alas EA Games have let us down. Its tough playing this game as it is Calvin let alone wondering how long it will take for you mob to work on our game "ultra-remotely" !

The lag is extremely bad for some players and the worst is in a PVP situation. The "yanks" as we affectionally call them, have elected to move to Oceania because "opportunity" makes them extremely fast. We have had to put up with slander and bullsh*t from characters who feel we cannot PVP. This is not the case at all. Just so happens we have issues that prevent us enjoying the game as it was and defending our spawns, harrower and even PVM. Its ridiculous!

I am sure everyone who has played Oceania before this lag wants EA games to allow these slanderous invaders remain on Oceania a few days when we have our ping back so we can make them eat their words!

As a paying client I am appalled at the lack of communication and the lack of hope you have given us. I for one, am sick of being patient because we have to put up with the arrogance of the invaders who have shown Oceania nothing but insults and gankings, especially when we try to defend ourselves against such speeds. Do something and do it now!

WHEN WILL WE GET OUR SERVER????

S

siyeng0

Is anybody going to the USA any time soon?

I propose that we shardnap the server and bring it back to Australia. We can keep it in my dorm room and pay the penniless university students a packet of two-minute-noodles per day to run it.

This plan is foolproof; we just need some way to smuggle it out of America without them mistaking it for a bomb and confiscating it.

C

Cal_Mythic

The latest:

Meant to get this to you sooner.
We had some problems getting the contract in place with the servers. But all seems settled now.

We will be placing a backup of the Oceania production shard on the managed servers space.

Our target is COB Monday March 28th EST (That's usually around 5 pm)
At that time we will post to the Herald for players to jump on to determine performance.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The latest:

We had some problems getting the contract in place with the servers. But all seems settled now.

We will be placing a backup of the Oceania production shard on the managed servers space.

At that time we will post to the Herald for players to jump on to determine performance.
It is very hard for me to picture you being in the military at all. If I waited over 17 days to give my troops an update I would be standing before the 'Old Man" with a "WTF over" crossing his lips. Very very sad state. USN Retired (21 years)

S

Sevin0oo0

We have the hardware and are configuring it.n
configuring servers w/o a contract on 'em? Guess it was a good thing you got that contract then huh? hard to believe they run a business that way, very hard.
is that BS I smell?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The latest:

Excellent. :)

Isaac OC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One more day!!

If tomorrow is the day, then I would like this milestone to be called, "The Great 2011 Oceania Migration", it is so great that it actually migrated 7k miles away.

C

Cal_Mythic

Here is the latest status:
We expected our servers to be available today, unfortunately the guys in Australia did not configure all of the hardware as expected.

On our end we are ready, but we're waiting on our network POCs in Aussie to grant us connection to the rest of the hardware.

That is all I have at this time. Apologies for the continued delay ...

- C

M

Malistra

atleast you said something. & on time too.
are you getting better?
o_O

DAM us lazy australians >_>

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm about to have a heart attack I'm sure.

Cal made 2 posts within 90mins wtf is the world coming too....

Thnx for keeping us informed :)

R

Rx4

I'd like to know if EA are going to credit our accounts for the month, nearly two months, that the game has been totally unplayable for? I don't believe we should be paying for something we have been unable to use.

Regards.

W

Warlord III

Here is the latest status:
We expected our servers to be available today, unfortunately the guys in Australia did not configure all of the hardware as expected.

On our end we are ready, but we're waiting on our network POCs in Aussie to grant us connection to the rest of the hardware.

That is all I have at this time. Apologies for the continued delay ...

- C
Alright .. so what is going on again now? An Aussie can't setup a server for 3 weeks? Do they sign a contract at all ?
As for a sample , i hand in my homework on time since i am at primary school :scholar: People should do the work to meet or finishing before the due day, isn't it?
It seem that has been collapsed and noticed 2 hours before it's being schduled ?
So .. the delay will not be confirmed for how long again?

Anyway .. thanks for your KINDLY reply Cal @.@

C

Cal_Mythic

I'll let you know more as soon as I know more.
At this point, just offering information as we get it.

Right now we are hoping for something in the next few hours, for you guys to get on and test.

O

oceaniabowman

ummm.... I see on UO Herald that there should be a test oceania shard on the shard list but it doesnt seem to be there??

O

oceaniabowman

Is anybody going to the USA any time soon?

I propose that we shardnap the server and bring it back to Australia. We can keep it in my dorm room and pay the penniless university students a packet of two-minute-noodles per day to run it.

This plan is foolproof; we just need some way to smuggle it out of America without them mistaking it for a bomb and confiscating it.
You could carry the shard through the airport and onto the plane wearing hotdogs sticky taped to your chest and carrying the control for a remote control car.

If you dont get picked off by a sniper you might just get away with it....

Isaac OC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new server has my seal of approval with 30ms using optus network,45ms on internode network.

IP Address is 27.50.91.28

Hosting Company: Servers Australia Pty Ltd
Dedicated Server | Dedicated Servers | Managed Servers

I believe it may reside in one of Equinix Data Centres, the previous hosting provider before the "Great 2011 Oceania Migration"

Thank you Cal.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
To get a full trace including the last hop you could use the ping responsive "main" IP for (Test-) Oceania which is 27.50.91.26. This IP is the one being polled by the shard selection screen.

R

Rx4

Cal - did you see my post above in regards to credit for our accounts for the 1-2months that the game has been unplayable for? When I say unplayable I literally do mean that....being able to move your char 1 tile a second is not fun.
Glad the server is home now :)

O

oceaniabowman

Im getting a 31ms Ping from Primus with the occasional lag up.

After enduring high pings, packet loss and lagginess for 3 months Im pretty darn happy with it! Its quite playable.

Thank you Cal and Mythic. I might turn some accounts back on :)

Isaac OC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Let's join me to say thank you for the new server, i know we can complained loud and clear, let's do the opposite too :)

:danceb:

D

Davin Darkblade

Thank you for leaving Oceania at home where it belongs. I've still got my copy of Ultima Online: Discovery Edition, with it's personal message from Lord British and it'd be a shame to see that die with a server move.

On another positive note, congrats on EA Mythic for running the only MMO that provides a local server to Oceania/Australia. And congrats on being more resourceful than the juggernaught that is your competitor Blizzard-Activision who STILL AFTER HALF A DECADE cannot provide a local server when there is clearly patronage for 12...

B

Blackthorn

When can we purchase tokens for the Magincia housing plot lottery?

There are no stones to buy tickets yet.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Let's join me to say thank you for the new server, i know we can complained loud and clear, let's do the opposite too :)

:danceb:
QFT