• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UPDATE FOR FREE PLAYERS! I JUST CALLED EA!

G

Also tip off House visiting hours are already screwed lmao freeplayers don't count towards hours anymore appartently:

Here is what is in the new Test Center 3 build.

Lot Categories: EA Store lot now has its own symbol.
Free Accounts: Free accounts no longer count toward vistor hours.
Graphics: More improvements to DirectX 9 game client.
User Interface: Updated some splash screen and game buttons to use EA-Land.
Character Creation: Occasional crash during avatar creation fixed.
Custom Content: The volume of custom content is climbing which is very exciting so we have updated the way we approve your uploaded content. Please allow at least 24 hours for approval.

G

I've never had trouble with EA support. And I've used it a lot. One time it took about four days to fix a problem. They kept giving me solutions and I kept trying them til the last one worked. I thanked them and they thanked me for thanking them and told me to enjoy the game. They've been very kind when I e-mail problems. Kind of surprised to hear of so many problems from others.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It is a TEST CENTER!

[/ QUOTE ]

I said I know it's a test center *but* it's also the ONLY place free players have to go if they don't use the exploit that allows them access to skill/money lots in EAL, so testing this particular fix has in effect locked those players completely out of the game......anywhere, and is not allowing them to do the things that they could do yesterday, which isn't fair to make them pay for other people's exploiting. I know this issue needed to be addressed, and I fully support all the limitations on Free Players in EA Land, but it isn't fair to just yank priveleges with no warning and no timeframe on when they will get those privileges back. I won't go as far as to call it *false advertising* but it definitely isn't fair, and if things like that are going to be necessary, then there needs to be a 3rd area that the free players CAN access unlimitedly, whilst still allowing the testing to go on in TC3 as needed since you are correct it is a test center.....but the free players aren't choosing to be testers, they just go where they are told they can go. Surely you see just a little bit of unfairness to this if you can put yourself in the free players' shoes.

G

Yes i understand and i go agree about no timeframe thing but lee is replying as fast as he can to my questions and i really aprrciate it i'mt rying to geta timeframe and as soon as i do i will post i promise!

H

HoTDeViL

so i understand this right, if i get new players in my store and spend my time to explain them how the game works (what i did regulary in the past time) and what they can do and cant do, and try to tell them to get a premium member (got already 5 to sign up for premium) to enjoy all the fun in game.
all this time i spend with them will not count for my store anymore?
I think its time then to go afk too and just come back to click i am back and restock my items.

N

Natalius Lynn

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It is a TEST CENTER!

[/ QUOTE ]

I said I know it's a test center *but* it's also the ONLY place free players have to go if they don't use the exploit that allows them access to skill/money lots in EAL, so testing this particular fix has in effect locked those players completely out of the game......anywhere, and is not allowing them to do the things that they could do yesterday, which isn't fair to make them pay for other people's exploiting. I know this issue needed to be addressed, and I fully support all the limitations on Free Players in EA Land, but it isn't fair to just yank priveleges with no warning and no timeframe on when they will get those privileges back. I won't go as far as to call it *false advertising* but it definitely isn't fair, and if things like that are going to be necessary, then there needs to be a 3rd area that the free players CAN access unlimitedly, whilst still allowing the testing to go on in TC3 as needed since you are correct it is a test center.....but the free players aren't choosing to be testers, they just go where they are told they can go. Surely you see just a little bit of unfairness to this if you can put yourself in the free players' shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any unfairness. They could make us all pay, then we won't have free accounts at all. Or you could deal with the little tests and bugs. I think them giving us free accounts is nice, but people are definately taking advantage of them(in my opinion.). It's something you have to get used to, or pay the 10 a month. That's all there is to it.

G

I paid because i kind of figured stuff like this would happen so i just got a backup =x

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It is a TEST CENTER!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You get what you pay for. If you pay nothing then I think your expectations should be lowered some. If you live and play in a Test Center then you should expect tests and changes to your game play.

N

Natalius Lynn

<blockquote><hr>

It's back, free accounts can get in now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lied.. I guess all these paying accounts just swamped into my property. I still can't get my alt in..

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It is a TEST CENTER!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any unfairness. They could make us all pay, then we won't have free accounts at all. Or you could deal with the little tests and bugs. I think them giving us free accounts is nice, but people are definately taking advantage of them(in my opinion.). It's something you have to get used to, or pay the 10 a month. That's all there is to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I more than anybody appreciate the presence of the free accounts, and I'm not saying I wish they didn't exist at all now, but it's just a tough blow to take with no warning or reason, until Rhianna called customer support thinking that it was a bug because it was an unannounced change, and it's never been stated that free accounts could be locked completely out of the game if needed for testing purposes.....if people had understood that it was a possibility then it wouldn't be such a shock now that it's happened. Now that we do know, if it happens again people won't be so surprised, but for now it's easy to see how a person would feel blindsided, since if Rhianna had not called customer service which lead to this thread and Lees subsequent post, we *still* might not know what's going on, and might still be operating under the belief that it is another bug to be fixed.

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

I more than anybody appreciate the presence of the free accounts, and I'm not saying I wish they didn't exist at all now, but it's just a tough blow to take with no warning or reason, until Rhianna called customer support thinking that it was a bug because it was an unannounced change, and it's never been stated that free accounts could be locked completely out of the game if needed for testing purposes.....if people had understood that it was a possibility then it wouldn't be such a shock now that it's happened. Now that we do know, if it happens again people won't be so surprised, but for now it's easy to see how a person would feel blindsided, since if Rhianna had not called customer service which lead to this thread and Lees subsequent post, we *still* might not know what's going on, and might still be operating under the belief that it is another bug to be fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said. And now that I know what is going on, while still irritated, I can at least accept it.

G

Guys i'm gona go to EA Land but I'll stay in the forums incase i get another reply... also if anyone need to get ahold of me since i'm nto in game and my Ims are flooded PM me on here and i'll give you my yahoo messenger screenie...

*EDIT* Nvm EA Land is down =P

G

In TC3 right now, free players cannot go to skill lots, money lots, or go to jobs. We are testing this out on TC3 before we roll it out to EA-Land. After we finish testing this out, TC3 will revert back to the way it was.

Thank you for choosing to play on a test server and helping us to test out features.

G

<blockquote><hr>

YAYYY! TY!!! =D -hugs her tight-

[/ QUOTE ]

Must... breath... GAH!! ::runs away scowling::

N

Natalius Lynn

<blockquote><hr>

In TC3 right now, free players cannot go to skill lots, money lots, or go to jobs. We are testing this out on TC3 before we roll it out to EA-Land. After we finish testing this out, TC3 will revert back to the way it was.

Thank you for choosing to play on a test server and helping us to test out features.

[/ QUOTE ]

I officially love you for this. Okay, not love but I wanna give you a hug.

J

jafo1972

Parizad, is there any idea on the time frame we might see this rollback take place?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Those of us with premium accounts do choose to play there and test, but free accounts don't have the luxury of choice, since there's no other place they can play unlimited. I am thrilled to see that this is only a temporary PITA though, after the 'probably' in another post I was a little worried LOL. Let's hope the testing can be done quickly and succinctly and proven to be unexploitable so they can roll it to EAL an give the free players their freedom back. This reinforced my belief that there should be an in-game link to Stratics like there is for the blog and Wiki though, because I was at a friend's entertainment lot just now and had literally dozens of people in a short amount of time asking wtf was going on, and when I gave out 'sims.stratcis.com' as the place where the discussion was going on, very few had even heard of it.....so it'd be cool if somehow a 4th button could be added to our panel linking us to Stratics, or if somehow you could send clickable links through PM so you could just send somebody the URL and in one click they're there just as they would be if there *were* a button. Knowlege is power......at least these guys are wanting to know....usually there's little interest in it, other than finding stuff out in-game.

ETA: For my part of the testing I tried a couple dozen times to get into different lots, all to no avail, trying from city view, and while on another property to see if there was a 'loophole' to get in that way, or 'stalking' a friend to see if the Where Am I button created a potential exploit to it, but nada. It'd be a little less painful to ride the timeframe if we could at least go to our sim jobs, even if they didn't pay anything.....just for the sake of having somethign to do since I had heard free players were working some job tracks before and just not getting paid for it, but no luck there either, so it does seem that the dev team has come up with a working 'fix' for the exploitation in EAL, which again is a good thing, and very timely considering how long we've gone with other exploits in the past that weren't 'plugged' anywhere near as fast.....so kudos to the dev team for at least rolling something out that solves one problem for those who have EAL as their primary playing place

K

KevinThom

<blockquote><hr>

'sims.stratcis.com'

[/ QUOTE ]

I never heard of that website either. I much prefer sims.stratics.com, too bad they don't offer cheap electric guitars and free laptops if you complete offers like sims.stratcis does though.

G

Well I am completely bored tonight without my Sims Online so off I go to pay! LOL I guess this is how they are going to make you finally sign up! I don't want this to happen again I am too addicted!

G

ROFL welcome to the club. Someone will be holding meetings for us soon.

G

Discussion Thread
Response (GM Kalag)
03/12/2008 03:26 PM
Hello Stacey,

I have found out that the Developers are testing Free Account restrictions for several days. This will be a temporary restriction on Free Account users. There will be a posting on the TSO Stratics site (http://sims.stratics.com/)

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

EA Sr. Rep. Yen
Customer Support
Electronic Arts

Thats the last e-mail i got from them! We're looking at a couple days folks!!!

P

PiperTheOriginal

<blockquote><hr>

One of those e-mails said 3 days?

[/ QUOTE ]

O.O

3 days!!!!

k... thats a tad upsetting

i would have become a subscriber, had i not spent 3 times as much as the subscription fee at the ATM's.

not trying to be mean or anything, but some sort of advance notice would have been nice.

G

My e-mail said serveral thats means could be more then 3 days haha

J

jafo1972

I agree about the advance notice. Looks like I will be offline for now and checking back from time to time for when I can play again.

G

For all free players sake, I hope this build test moves quickly.

The blog for sure will display when the version moves to EA-Land ...
and EA TSO Stratics will try to keep up and post it as news on the main page when the version update for EA-Land and the edited to replace inaccurate word choice version update for TC3 happen.

G

<blockquote><hr>

For all free players sake, I hope this build test moves quickly.

The blog for sure will display when the version moves to EA-Land ...
and EA TSO Stratics will try to keep up and post it as news on the main page when the version update for EA-Land and the rollback for TC3 happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

We won't be rolling back. Everything you do in TC3 will still be as it is, and we currently don't have a wipe in mind. We will take the restrictions off with a future version.

P

PiperTheOriginal

*holds up my deed to my property and sulks*
who's gonna water my plants?? and and... my teddy bear is in there!

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

And its during the march break too

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably why, try to test it with the most people they can playing the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

LMAO my mom is a dork then she's like OMG 866 is gonna cost me like 40 bucks a hour to talk to them your not calling Annie!!! I was so mad i got on skype and just called tho there and put up with 4 of the ea employees hanging up on me at least i got tho but still no E-Mail yet i keep checking my hotmail =x

[/ QUOTE ]Wow! She's either living thirty years in the past, or she must've been thinking of 900/976 numbers!

The following AREA CODES are toll-free within the United States and Canada (if the toll-free subscriber allows):
800, 888, 877, 866, and 855.

Future additions, if needed, have already been set aside. They are 844, 833, and 822.

J

jafo1972

OK, now I am really confused. First we were told nothing about this "test" to see if free players could get into skill and money lots until Rhianna called and got in touch with someone at EA. Thanks to her persistence, we finally got told this was a test and might be in place for several days. Tonight/early this morning I log in and find that I can now get into all houses again. I look around and find this on the blog:

[EDIT BY SARAH: Dear ahafan02, in this case we made a complete mistake and accidentally put restrictions on what free players can do in TC3. It’s just been fixed. Sincere apologies.]

This was in the comments under the version notes for this latest update. So was this really a test for a fix in EA Land or was this a major FUBAR where nobody could just come up and say "hey guys, we dropped the ball. We're trying to figure out what happened and get it fixed ASAP"?

Could we get a straight and honest answer about this please?

G

The restriction seems to already have been lifted, because neither my hubby or I could get in on free accounts last night, and we CAN this morning....he woke me up he was so happy LOL....and pulled a roomie shift by himself this morning for hours, just because he was in total withdrawl, after only one day. Gawd we are such addicts

Thanks for fixing it so fast guys! Now that we know this is a possibility, it won't be such a
moment next time, and lead to the angry/disappointed posts, especially mine......that's not norml for me, but the addiction is so strong and I never imagined it'd only be a day, so we panicked. Sorry devs!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[EDIT BY SARAH: Dear ahafan02, in this case we made a complete mistake and accidentally put restrictions on what free players can do in TC3. It’s just been fixed. Sincere apologies.
This was in the comments under the version notes for this latest update. So was this really a test for a fix in EA Land or was this a major FUBAR where nobody could just come up and say "hey guys, we dropped the ball. We're trying to figure out what happened and get it fixed ASAP"?

Could we get a straight and honest answer about this please?

[/ QUOTE ]

That to me *is* the answer. Either this was a fubar or they just didn't realize how upset free players would be about this, and after realizing it they did some quick testing and then fixed it, post haste. The responses here were tame compared to the frustration in game, which is partly why I was so exasperated here, because I was having to listen to it in game, and explain their reasoning behind it to people who don't post on Stratics at all, when a valid explanation was never really posted here so *I* didn't know what to tell them, and reading the answers we WERE given here directly in game just inflamed more tempers. At any rate, it seems they realized their mistake, whatever the mistake was, and its fixed now and that's all that matters...I don't need a formal apology or explanation beyond what was posted on the blog, fixing it is good enough for me

J

jafo1972

I also don't think they counted on the exodus caused by this. I logged in around 4 am to find I could get into a money house. I counted less than 10 open lots across all categories, including Rhianna's. counting all the people in all those lots added up to less than 50. I don't think it would be much of a stretch to say there were less than 100 ppl logged in last night.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I also don't think they counted on the exodus caused by this. I logged in around 4 am to find I could get into a money house. I counted less than 10 open lots across all categories, including Rhianna's. counting all the people in all those lots added up to less than 50. I don't think it would be much of a stretch to say there were less than 100 ppl logged in last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is logical....I myself did not take my latenight turn that I usually take after hubby went to bed, even though he'd gone to bed early after not being able to play. Even now I am noticing less houses open today, though not as bad as you said it was last night. I wish they had just said "We're testing out this bug feature and it necessitates people being locked out of TC3 just as they are in EA Land, however check back tomorrow because we don't expect the downtime to be any more than 24 hours." Then those of us who read here could have relayed that message instead of 'until further notice', which in EA time could mean days, weeks, or months and the returning players know that, so many of them probably won't log in today, or maybe even not over the weekend

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

I wish they had just said "We're testing out this bug feature and it necessitates people being locked out of TC3 just as they are in EA Land, however check back tomorrow because we don't expect the downtime to be any more than 24 hours." Then those of us who read here could have relayed that message instead of 'until further notice', which in EA time could mean days, weeks, or months and the returning players know that, so many of them probably won't log in today, or maybe even not over the weekend

[/ QUOTE ]

The way EA was talking, we were under the impression it could take a few days. One of the e-mails even said "I have found out that the Developers are testing Free Account restrictions for several days." Add to that the note that was posted on the blog and I don't think even EA knew what was going on.

Today it is slow to get out that the city is back up, but now that it is morning on the west coast speed should pick up.