• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UPDATE FOR FREE PLAYERS! I JUST CALLED EA!

G

I talked to a guy at EA about your problems... I myself am i paid customer who uses TC3 and not EA Land. Turns out no one knew about TC3 being messed up! I'm getting a personal e-mail from EA in 10 minutes which i'll post also that will explain whats going on =D Please keep looking tho this thread i'll post my e-mail i get form EA as soon as i get it! Checking my email now!

K

KevinThom

EA tech support did something for you? This man/woman IS GOD!

G

Yes think his name was James or Somethign that began with a "J" props to him! He's talking to the producer right now and gonna try to get me some information to post! I didn't get the e-mail yet but he said 10 minutes he's send me one with information on whats happening

G

Yep, Rhianna is the owner where my hubby's sim lives....that woman *is* good

G

HAHA HI!! How are ya? Yeah i'm checing ym e-mail like every 1 minute =x i wanna be able to post it and let you guys knwo whats going on haha i wnana know too i got so many people mad right now they can't get in!

J

jafo1972

I'm just amazed someone at EA customer support a) talked to you and b) is actually trying to do something and get info to you. They always brushed me off, part of why I left this game to begin with.

G

@ Jafo i got hung up on 4times!!! i finally got thought the 5th time without being hung up on when i told them i'm calling about test center =x

K

KevinThom

EA tech support is not helpful at all. I am truly and utterly amazed you got a response. I sent them an e-mail over 3 years ago and still have not received a reply...... And because I am in canada they charge 5$ a minute for phone tech support...

G

Well i used my skype account to get tho to them because i live in PA and they are long distance and i had minutes on skype i got hung up on 4 times and said to myself if i get hung up on one more time i'm leaving TC3 for good but the guy James or whatever answered was very kind even logged in a freeplayer account of his and noticed the issue so he's talking to producer and will send me a e-mail in 10 minutes

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well i used my skype account to get tho to them because i live in PA and they are long distance and i had minutes on skype i got hung up on 4 times and said to myself if i get hung up on one more time i'm leaving TC3 for good but the guy James or whatever answered was very kind even logged in a freeplayer account of his and noticed the issue so he's talking to producer and will send me a e-mail in 10 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in PA and cant use the 866 toll-free number?

1-866-543-5435

G

My mom told me 866 is long distance LMAOOO So i justc alled on skype oh the joys of being 23 and living at HOMEEEE

J

jafo1972

I agree with you there. I had a problem with one of the first games I digitally downloaded and the free bonus item for it. I have yet to receive a response from them through the e-mail service. I got tired of downloading/pre-ordering the Sims2 packs just because I had issues every time except Pets and that was just a code for something I would unlock eventually in gameplay so I felt let down.

My most recent dealing with them involved getting an answer totally unrelated to the question I asked. When I wrote back saying they needed to read my question before giving an answer and asking for an apology, the apology was I'm sorry you didn't like my answer. I wrote back asking for my issue to be escalated due to that lack of sincerity and the fact that I found my answer when the ealand website finally came back up when customer no-service only gave me lip service.

G

Lawd... I think James or whatever his name was needs a promotion =x

G

<blockquote><hr>

My mom told me 866 is long distance LMAOOO So i justc alled on skype oh the joys of being 23 and living at HOMEEEE

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is one of the reasons I left home at 19.....struggled like a dog for the first couple years to make ends meet, but I wouldn't live under my dad's roof again for all the in-game currency EA Land could print up in a year *shivers at the thought*. My dad and I didn't speak for a while after I moved out, since he was totally, totally against it, but if we hadn't lived apart we wouldn't be speaking *at all* by now, and at least now we have a grownup to grownup relationship, though sometimes over the phone I picture him doing the 'smoke from ears' interaction when I tell him of some of the choices I make.....but he refrains from comment.....poor guy

Edit: EAL is down now, so maybe they are looking into what could have caused the TC3 glitch, as well as how to get rid of the monsterous lag and crashes we had this morning trying to trade lava cards.

J

jafo1972

if you are in the US and called 866, then it should be a free call.

G

The James guy must be probably a new employee! Wait till he burns out next week, then EA support will be its truely self again.

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

Just so you know, if there is a next time....it is free...same as a 1-800 number

G

LMAO my mom is a dork then she's like OMG 866 is gonna cost me like 40 bucks a hour to talk to them your not calling Annie!!! I was so mad i got on skype and just called tho there and put up with 4 of the ea employees hanging up on me at least i got tho but still no E-Mail yet i keep checking my hotmail =x

G

GOT THE E-MAIL:

Greetings,
Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support. The question that you submitted has been updated and the details of our response is below. To update this question by email, please reply to this message. Because your reply will be automatically processed, you MUST enter your reply above this message.

Subject
EA-Land Free Account Access

Discussion Thread
Response (GM Kalag)
03/12/2008 01:25 PM
Hello Stacey,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Game Support. I am currently checking on the problems free accounts are having with Test Center 3. I am trying to communicate with the EA-Land Development Team so they can post what is going on or change it so access is restored. I'll send you another message once I get an update.

Regards,

EA Sr. Rep. Yen
Customer Support
Electronic Arts

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

I just read ealand is down to welcome calvin creekers, lol...hope they fix the problems at the same time though

G

Finally i got my e-mail! Thats what i got from one of the GM's They are gonna try to restore Access guys i think we're fine now!!!

G

LMAO THEY SPELED MY NICKNAME WRONG HAHAHA =x
(Real names Anastasia go by Annie or Stacy with no e) ROFL oh well hehe

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

just told him that in game

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL yes she did

That's why I deleted my post.

Glad we have someone in touch to keep us informed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's alright, I bet we would mangle the spelling of some of *their* RL nicknames too

K

KevinThom

OMG. My freind gregcampbell (from campbell's wholesale) said that GM kalag was talking to him about the problem
. Small world

G

-giggles- and ty all for iming me in game thanking me!!! i appricate helping it was pissing me off to and i PAY! ROFL

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's alright, I bet we would mangle the spelling of some of *their* RL nicknames too

[/ QUOTE ]

lol some of their nicknames would get us banned from this board or at least suspended.

G

Another Update:

on March 12th, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Yes for now free accounts can not get to skill or money lots. This is correct. As one of you pointed out we need this tested before we move this change to EA-Land. We will probably roll this back once we move all of this to EA-Land.

What will be a big help is if you try to break it. Find a way into those lot types.

For those of you that own one of those lots and are free change your lot type.

Thanks for testing.

Lee

G

Okie Lee confused me... What does that mean o_O anyone can help me understand that?

G

Sounds to me that they dont plan to fix it till it is tested.....

K

KevinThom

He means that because test center 3 tests patches for EA land. They are testing the system that prevents free players from making money. He wants us to try and hack or something to find a way into those lots.

G

Okie i'm totally lost haha i understood that as it's not gonna be fixed til tested also... I'm gonna ask how long they are testing...

K

KevinThom

Probably about 3 days (guesstimate) it sucks that they are doing it during the march break. Whats ur in game name?

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

Another Update:

on March 12th, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Yes for now free accounts can not get to skill or money lots. This is correct. As one of you pointed out we need this tested before we move this change to EA-Land. We will probably roll this back once we move all of this to EA-Land.

What will be a big help is if you try to break it. Find a way into those lot types.

For those of you that own one of those lots and are free change your lot type.

Thanks for testing.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna get my other sim that owns a money house and try to change the category. I don't like it because I can't change it again until next week but I can try it.

G

Kay lemme knwo if it works PLEASEEEE and my in game name is XRhiannaX =]

G

UPDATE:

XRhiannaX,

If you want to get in your lot then yes switch it but this is ot really a “Fix” as this implies bug. The behavior you are seeing in TC3 is absolutly correct. Changing your lot type will get you on your lot but will not “Fix” it.

As I stated eventually when we move this change to EA-land we will change this back on Test Center 3. First we test internally, then we test on “Test Center 3&amp;#8243;, then we go to EA-Land when we are comfortable that it is all working.

Cheers,

Lee

J

jafo1972

Ask when they think this change will likely take place?

As for now I think I'll just deal with "triplet" toddlers in Sims2.

G

<blockquote><hr>

UPDATE:

XRhiannaX,

If you want to get in your lot then yes switch it but this is ot really a “Fix” as this implies bug. The behavior you are seeing in TC3 is absolutly correct. Changing your lot type will get you on your lot but will not “Fix” it.

As I stated eventually when we move this change to EA-land we will change this back on Test Center 3. First we test internally, then we test on “Test Center 3&amp;#8243;, then we go to EA-Land when we are comfortable that it is all working.

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

But I don't understand why you had to mess things up in TC3 when this is always the way EA Land had been working. Is it because of the exploit that allowed some free players in skill and money lots? That's good that there is a fix in the works for that, however TC3 isn't *just* a test center, its the ONLY place that free players can play unrestricted, so by doing this for however long, its basically completely taking away their ability to play if they were an owner or roomie of a skill or money house, just as my hubby is a roomie of Rhianna's.....now until the *testing* is complete he won't be able to play at all, since he doesn't have a premium account to use until the testing phase is over with. Because of situations like that, I wish this testing could have been done a bit differently, or at least allowed those who's *homes* were skill/money houses to access their own homes to pull roomie duty. This is gonna end up messing with house VH if all the roomies of a skill/money lot end up being free accounts (which is totally possible in TC3) since that would mean the house can't be open at all.

G

Nicely said i agree! But also we are on the test center regardless so i asume we have to go though this stuff occsionally but ehh maybe once all this is over we can get am payouts back? xD