• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Upcoming Boat Race To benefit Yew

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am planing a boat race with a twist to be held soon. What I would like to ask those interested in such an event is, would you rather the boats be limited to basic Ships of the lands as opposed to those intended to sail the High Seas?

This contest will follow a path from Yew to Skara docks then back to the Empath Abbey. Warning, there may be pirates afoot.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Different high seas boats travel at different speeds.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quoted from UO Guide:

"Is it possible to get a better explanation of 'drift speed' and 'turn delay' on large ships? In other words, which ship type is fastest, and which is slowest? Also could we get these figures, plus 'durability' and 'cannon damage' figures for the Britannia Boat?

Phoenix: All ships move at the same speed, except rowboats.

The Tokuno and Orc ships have 100,000 hit points. The Gargish ship has 140,000 hit points. The Britannian ship has 200,000 hit points."

;)

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I'd limit it to a certain boat since there is a little controversy over boat speeds..

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think limiting it to a certain boat is a good idea. Id gladly sail one in this as well. Some of the other Rangers, I think, would also be interested.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's keep it to Dragon ships then. That way anyone can enter and not just those with High Seas expansion. The racers must sail to the Skara docks, and pick up an item showing they made it there and then back to Yew. There may be dangers to avoid along the way including marauding pirates. The risk will be there, the reward of a fine new ship and gold for their crew should make up for any problems faced.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Each boat that sets out in the race will be given a stash of Bribing gold. If they are stopped on the voyage by pirates, they can chose to fight, or surrender a set portion of their gold to the pirates. Any gold a ship has when it makes port at the end of the race is theirs to keep. And the pirates have a chance to earn a tidy sum. Any ship that loses all their bribing gold must either withdraw from the race, or stand and fight. Should a ship defeat the pirates they can claim any bribing gold that ship is carrying.

I am hoping to make two titles available to the winning ships captain.

Fleet Commander
and
Pirate King

Just have to see if those titles are a possibility.

Only the race winning captain will receive the ship reward. (I only have one ship in other words. *grins*)

Last edited:

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to clear up ship speeds, Tokuno ships move faster when damaged than orc or garg ships do while damaged their maximum speed though is the same. That's their special just like gargish ships take more hits and orc ships deal more damage. Britainnia ships I could swear were slower though.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not planned on Fel so far, but it may be needed to do so to allow for all to take part. Otherwise I am planning to have someone on each ship who is highlighted to a lot of the other folks, That person will be the lench pin of the ship. Take them down, and the ship must stop and be considered boarded. But moving it to felluca may be a simpler way t do things, provided we can avoid reds out for a good time.