• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO's Now Mod Controlled?

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So I read on another thread that if the mods dont like the way the games going that they can and will remove people from voted positions. Yet another thread talks about players being tossed into jail or moved to absurd locations because mods dont like the players game style or there "disruptive" play during events.
So now stratics employees are making UO decisions. UO is not what it was, Siege is not what is was.
Long Live (not player ran) Siege.
Whats your thoughts?
Personally I find it wrong. If your wronged in the game now, the same people can lock/remove threads, silence you, and jail you. Menissa has ultimate powers... True?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mods? Moderators? You mean EMs or GMs if a player was tossed into jail they where doing something WONG, if they where moved away from an Event they where harassing being disruptive, or abusing something. Mesanna has power to do those and more yes and has been able to for a while. All you are relaying is hearsay, most likely from someone who was wrong and is whining about it

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, and I also have it on good authority that the Stratics mods were behind 9/11 and are heading the research on some crashed UFOs in the Nevada desert. There has also been talk that they were involved in the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in 1914, but that one seems a little far-fetched to me.

Only GMs and Devs have the ability to remove disruptive players, and by disruptive this generally means things like spamming and ranting at official events like Dev meetings, not for PKing or such. Unless EM powers have changed drastically recently, they have no such authority/ability. An EM (the king) could remove a person from an elected position if they were not fulfilling the requirements of the role, as laid down by Mesanna's guidelines.

But I am unaware of any of the above actions having being taken on Siege to date.

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I read threads, asked questions with question marks, I expressed my opinion, and asked you the reader for your opinion.
For this I get ultra defensive people like other mods and known EM's to throw garbage in and out.
Wasn't trying to start conspiracy theories.

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Also, im smart enough to know that someone can have 10 accounts, be a EM, a GM, a stratics moderator, and a differently named Poster.
With SO FEW people left in UO and the length UO's been around, asking my questions is not absurd.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OMG !!! I knew it someone left the Stratic doors open @kelmo escaped made his way to Siege, and now has taking over with his Moderating.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Event Moderators - not Forum moderators! That's what EM stands for. For pity's sake don't we get enough crack pot conspiracy theories?
Left up just long enough to make me feel good, then deleted ... :)