• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Technical Assistance Please

• Thread starter dragongunner
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
D

dragongunner

I have not been able to log into my server (or any for that matter). I know that the servers went down the other day, but apparantly that had been fixed and I still cannot log in. I have tried everything. I have uninstalled the UO and have re-installed it. I have made sure that my firewall has UO listed as an exception. I have contacted the UO knowledge base and a techie responded but his suggestions were of no use at all. This problem also happened prior to the servers going down the other day, but normally after 5 attempts I can log in.

It has now been about 5 days since I have been able to log in. When I try to log in I keep getting this message: "Network Error:An error has occurred in the syncronization between the log in servers and this world. Please close your client and try again".

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so could you please tell me how you handled this? I am having serious UO withdraws. Oh by the way this occurs on both the 2d client and with KR.

Please please help me.

C

Connor_Graham

You might hate to do this, but try uninstalling UO then reinstalling it.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not been able to log into my server (or any for that matter). I know that the servers went down the other day, but apparantly that had been fixed and I still cannot log in. I have tried everything. I have uninstalled the UO and have re-installed it. I have made sure that my firewall has UO listed as an exception. I have contacted the UO knowledge base and a techie responded but his suggestions were of no use at all. This problem also happened prior to the servers going down the other day, but normally after 5 attempts I can log in.

It has now been about 5 days since I have been able to log in. When I try to log in I keep getting this message: "Network Error:An error has occurred in the syncronization between the log in servers and this world. Please close your client and try again".

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so could you please tell me how you handled this? I am having serious UO withdraws. Oh by the way this occurs on both the 2d client and with KR.

Please please help me.

says he tried that already, Connor, think he should try again? don't ya just hate that unplugging a thing and plugging it back in works sometimes? :D

just to be clear, dragongunner, you get this error message after shard selection? it lets you get that far?

F

feath

I've had this problem. Sometimes rebooting and opening a new connection works. but sounds like you've done that.
also, when i have trouble connecting, i DONT use UOAssist. I've been getting a lot of trouble from UOA lately. Not using it has helped on occasion. Don't know if that helps you.
good luck!

M

miss uo

I was suggesting he try it again. UO has been known to leave files behind, specifically in the patch folder.
He's talking about a clean install.... remove uo again. Get the CCleaner its free. Clean up those unnecessary files and reinstall uo.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get that message when i lose connection, and try to log back in too quickly.. and end up having to re-start UO.. then it lets me in fine.

Someone playing your characters that shouldnt be?

Change your PW too.

D

dragongunner

First off thanks for everyones input.

just to be clear, dragongunner, you get this error message after shard selection? it lets you get that far?
Yes I only get this message after shard selection.

He's talking about a clean install.... remove uo again. Get the CCleaner its free. Clean up those unnecessary files and reinstall uo.
When I uninstalled and reinstalled UO I did notice that my username was up on the screen without me having to type it in. I dont think that I did a complete clean uninstall. Some files must have been left somewhere. I will try it again (ugh).

If this does not work I will attempt to contact Jeremy to see if she can assist.

I will let you know the outcome.