UO Return Possibility?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
C

Caveman

Hello Folks...

I figure since if I start playing UO again, this is where I'll most likely end up...

That being said, what's changed in the last couple years? Is Crafting dead still? I've looked through the Newbie thread some at the top and will continue to do so. I just wanted to toss a hook out and see what I could fish up. I'll be playing with a new account most likely, so is that gonna be a huge negative?

Anyways, hope to hear from you folks. Thanks in advance...

-Caveman

p.s. Is there a Caveman already? If not, I assume that will be my name.

I

imported_SavageSP

We have Captain Caveman, aka Nerf-Herder, he will take your *chung* *chung*

C

Caveman

<blockquote><hr>

We have Captain Caveman, aka Nerf-Herder, he will take your *chung* *chung*

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, well I guess there can be 2 Caveman's...as I'm sorta partial to it...heh

C

Caveman

LOL

Ok, so how is Siege doing these days? Looking at the one thread talking about everyone speed hacking? Do I even want to bother playing UO?

Looking for honest input from friendly players...

Thanks!

-Caveman

N

Nerf-Herder

I'm not going to lie to you, there are some problems with cheaters in PvP. At times it seems like it's damn near everyone, but I know it isn't. When I start getting frustrated, I'll take a small break from UO. Not a complete break, but I wont log in much other than to take care of ROT gains and stuff like that. Heck, sometimes the forums are more fun than the game!

In spite of some cheaters and a few other problems with PvP, there is alot of fun to be had out there. PvP is close to being balanced now as only a few grossly overpowered things remain (they devoted an entire publish last year to curb many of the gimpness going on in PvP).

Depending on how long you have been gone, there will be all kinds of new stuff for to explore in the PvM side of Siege... and the monsters don't speed hack!

If you are into crafting, they have received a few nice additions/changes over the last couple of years as well.

Open an account and get it on! Even if you don't wind up staying long term, I'm sure you'll get at least a few months of entertainment as you train your character and meet people.

Hope to see you in game. Just stay away from my cave women.

G

Dude it's still fun but unfortuneatley Nerf is telling the truth !!! Been their , seen it, &amp; was killed by it many times. And as you see the only people dening it is the same group of people that get blamed the most for it !
I still play and it is very entertaing to read all the cry baby crap thats posted here and you'll really get the feel of the people that play on Siege from here too.
In all it's still the best game to waste your money on .

G

Aye, Siege is still the best game EA has. I just wished they knew it.

G

golfnutt64

I JUST CAME BACK FORM A YEAR OR SO BEING GONE... SIEGE IS THE ONLY PLACE TO PLAY. IF YOU WANT TO GO GET WAXED ON A PRODO SHARD CUZ YOU DONT HAVE AS NICE OF MARTY'S THAT ARE INSURED...THATS COOL TOO... BUT AS FAR AS WHAT UO HAS TO OFFER. SIEGE IS THE FAIREST PLAYING FIELD OUT THERE. ARE THERE CHEATERS?? OF COURSE! AS THERE ARE IN EVERY GAME... AND THEY HAVE THEIR REWARD IN KNOWING DEEP DOWN THEY HAD TO CHEAT TO DO IT...IM COOL WITH THAT...I WANNA EARN MY KEEP....NO PUN INTENDED...I WAS ABLE TO PLACE A KEEP WITH IN MY 1ST MONTH BACK ON THE GAME...WOOT! ANYWAY, HOPE YOU COME BACK...AND MAKE SIEGE YOUR HOME...WHERE THE "TRUE" GAMERS LIVE!
MALACHI

G

Oh your going to tell me not to [censored] with you then start removing post ?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hello Folks...

I figure since if I start playing UO again, this is where I'll most likely end up...

That being said, what's changed in the last couple years? Is Crafting dead still? I've looked through the Newbie thread some at the top and will continue to do so. I just wanted to toss a hook out and see what I could fish up. I'll be playing with a new account most likely, so is that gonna be a huge negative?

Anyways, hope to hear from you folks. Thanks in advance...

-Caveman

p.s. Is there a Caveman already? If not, I assume that will be my name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome Caveman! Siege has changed alot man the pvp here is kinds in the slumps in my personal experiance ... I used to love the pvp on this shard but lately there is no pvp its either stealth tamers or stealth pvp

so if you are into that then this is definately the shard for you!

Crafting has inproved greatly Smoke bombs and Arrow could probably make you a very Rich Man on this server!

The people here are great but if you are good at pvp dont feel bad if you get accused of things it happens!

I hope you enjoy Siege Perilous! and we welcome you with open arms!

C

Caveman

I hope to Kelmo...I'll probably play under Kaveman, I don't want Captain Caveman's women to get confused...

Will be tomorrow before I log in and play or anything, as it's late here and work comes early.

Thanks again and hope to see you all tomorrow.

-Kaveman

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

I hope to Kelmo...I'll probably play under Kaveman, I don't want Captain Caveman's women to get confused...

Will be tomorrow before I log in and play or anything, as it's late here and work comes early.

Thanks again and hope to see you all tomorrow.

-Kaveman

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you can have this one!

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

And as you see the only people dening it is the same group of people that get blamed the most for it !

[/ QUOTE ]
If we are talking about the same people, most don't deny it if you talk about it away from Stratics... If I didn't think it was lame, I'd post plenty of icq logs of peeps straight up admitting stuff... Of course, once it came to stratics then they'd probably claim i faked the logs...
O well, I don't care anymore. I have realized people just don't care that they are killing the game- not a lot I can really do about it. I'm just going to keep playing and not give a [censored].

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

and the monsters don't speed hack!

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno bout that one... ever fought a coil? That thing zoomed across the screen with goodcry right behind it yelling "Hax! Cheat! OMG Trammie! UO is all I have !" This went on for awhile till he realised it was an NPC.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Can the new cave man make fire? If not then, pffft!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think caveman harnessed fire, but I don't believe he was capable of starting one.

G

COME BACK!

Siege is where to come back to.

Crafting is dead on every other shard except for Siege. You are only allowed one character on Siege, so very few people have their own crafter character therefore they must rely on crafters to obtain goods. Also, there is no item insurance (other than one-item per person) so people tend to die and get looted clean and will need to replace their gear and items.

Come back to Siege!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

And as you see the only people dening it is the same group of people that get blamed the most for it !

[/ QUOTE ]
If we are talking about the same people, most don't deny it if you talk about it away from Stratics... If I didn't think it was lame, I'd post plenty of icq logs of peeps straight up admitting stuff... Of course, once it came to stratics then they'd probably claim i faked the logs...
O well, I don't care anymore. I have realized people just don't care that they are killing the game- not a lot I can really do about it. I'm just going to keep playing and not give a [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Pm me the so called logs on icq u have or ICQ me them you sound like you have so many I cant way to see them all! Thanks

G

Crafting's more alive than it's been in years.
Arms lore is now just about essential - depending on how much you have of it (GM recommended) it adds resists to any armor you make, etc.
Making something at, or close to, an all 70's resist suit is not a pipe-dream any more, and crafters now get to do more than just fill BODs or enhance loot.
There are new wood types, and wooden armor for the pointy-eared brigade, bloodwood being the most popular.
Lots of combat changes. Monster changes. Skill changes.
The best advice for thee is, jump back in the deep end, and learn to swim all over again.

Oh, and you CAN survive, and even prosper, on a new account. Don't let the anti-ROT picket lines put you off. I'd recommend raising skills that improve your chances of survival first, and THEN work on killing off the other folks.

*wonders if cavemen are the next evolution of the Orc*

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

*wonders if cavemen are the next evolution of the Orc*

[/ QUOTE ]

C

Caveman

I will be honest, I'm looking at the possibility of not playing on Siege, perhaps elsewhere.

How many people are normally online, not including gank squads? How many fun, hearty players are there?

Also, in crafting, has metal armor started being worn again? Or is it all leather still?

N

Nerf-Herder

Anytime outside of prime time, the shard can look rather deserted. We have a higher percentage of stealthers here, and people don't typically sit at banks showing off their billion dollar artie/event item suits. Just because you don't see people around, doesn't mean that there aren't people around.

We do have a noticably smaller population on Siege, but trust me... This IS the only shard where you will truly feel like you are a part of it.

BTW--Metal armor is rarely worn unless it has the Mage Armor mod.

N

Nerf-Herder

Also... CWS just started story night again. You might enjoy that a bit. Check the calender at the top of our forum.

TnT/MYTH restarded fight night too. Drop by and watch the fights or even participate if you want. The next one isn't for about another month though.