• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #45

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do players ask for stupid skills to be used again? Who has a template that is not already full of needed skills?
+1 to this. Remove those skills from the game, and if someone has them on a soulstone, give them a replacement soulstone. or something. I never could understand why we could do spawns for pinks, and end up with stacks of taste ID and camping...Shouldn't even be on a list anywhere for anything

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And for the record, this shoulda been Newsletter #45a or 46 :p

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
+1 to this. Remove those skills from the game, and if someone has them on a soulstone, give them a replacement soulstone. or something. I never could understand why we could do spawns for pinks, and end up with stacks of taste ID and camping...Shouldn't even be on a list anywhere for anything
I wouldn't agree on completely removing because "useful" might be different to everyone so where do you draw the line? For example I think Begging is pretty useless except for around Halloween time to get artwork (even then I don't care for it) so should that be removed? I'm sure there are those that raised the skill and would disagree. Technically Armslore is pretty useless these days where GM made suits are no comparison to "artifact" suits so who cares about the extra 10 points or whatever of resist the armor gets and people are using Whetstones to actually remove all damage increase (or imbue up to 50%).

On the flip side, I could make an argument that Camping has just as much use for perhaps an EJ account. Just build a fire and safely log out since you can't own a house (**disclaimer** I know this might be far fetched).

That being said I do think that they should stop making the pinks/blues for these types of skills OR do like they did for the Doom Gauntlet and just making their spawn rate a lot less in favor of the other skills.

It's interesting that they will broadcast ALL IDOCs... potentially setting up for a bot to have an even easier way of being at every IDOC (especially with timing being precise) and then just setting up a script to go punch barrels once the fence is put up.

Also... I wonder how it's going to work when there is a chest of resources that weights 1000 stones. You punch through the barrel and then what? It falls to the ground because you can't carry it and someone else picks it up? Or does it load you down and now it's bypassing the character load (I bet there will be some exploits from that).

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also... I wonder how it's going to work when there is a chest of resources that weights 1000 stones. You punch through the barrel and then what? It falls to the ground because you can't carry it and someone else picks it up? Or does it load you down and now it's bypassing the character load (I bet there will be some exploits from that).
Arrrrr, methinks in the other thread they done said that all stackables are just deleted!