NEWS UO Newsletter #26

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
There are adjustments that could be made to the game to make it less lucrative for RMTers and improve quality of life and new/returning player accessibility, but what we see happen time and again is change akin to the last IDOC change that benefitted scripters above anyone else.
Idoc changes.
Ore randomization
well, all resource randomization for that matter.

All helped scripters, for some reason the Devs cannot understand this kind of stuff helps the scripter, a script can sit there all day, a player can't.

And their ineptitude/total unwillingness to acknowledge that truly makes me believe that they are a part of it, or close friends at least. What other possible explanation can there be?

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Jan 1, 2018
And their ineptitude/total unwillingness to acknowledge that truly makes me believe that they are a part of it, or close friends at least. What other possible explanation can there be?
It shocks me that it has taken Stratics users 19 years to come to this conclusion. This is almost like saying Bin Laden was behind 9/11. NO ****

Without completely changing and ruining what UO is, there is NOTHING the dev team can do. High end/power users will always find an advantage and exploit it.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nov 18, 2014
I did a post about a week ago on the official uo site about the loss of revenue from other gold/items sites. how they get items in game? or do they have a stock pile on every shard? the post didn't break any rules that I know of but was removed. the mod reply about why was being taken done, stated that this post was being taken down because it might cause arguments. wth

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2014
The GREAT State of Teaxs
I did a post about a week ago on the official uo site about the loss of revenue from other gold/items sites. how they get items in game? or do they have a stock pile on every shard? the post didn't break any rules that I know of but was removed. the mod reply about why was being taken done, stated that this post was being taken down because it might cause arguments. wth
The mods there did the same thing with my signature (the same one I have here), for the supposedly the same "reason". It took about a week, but I finally got an email from Mesanna telling me they were restoring my signature. Email her and let her know that they, as developers, need to take a REAL hard look at all of the RMT people.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mar 9, 2015
I Love those Diskussions....

However i think that RMT sites maybe are the reason UO is still running...

Why? Because i cannot find a reason why someone wants to actually start an old Game with ****hole graphics from Scratch Like we did decades ago without speeding up to be able to do something without killing skeletons or tame lamas for weeks....

Also for me RMT is the same what BS is doing with their shop... Yes that's official and legit but in the end the outcome is the same.
Throw money in at the top and down below some pixel will fall out...

BS should simply sell what RMT side do and push them out of market as good as possible...

I think you can get rid of 7 from 10 with that tactic and it would help uo directly.
The other 3 are dupers and will be harder to take.

From what I know RMT site buy bulk and therefore cheap. Also they used to buy from different countries codes which gave them cheap prices.

Also they use ea pass which give 10% and they check for errors in store for discounts.

I did this myself. Once I was able to get 30or40% off of sovereign where I bought a few 10000

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 24, 2009
Getting out of my troll cave
I've never bought gold, and have wondered why people would do so, but if I was to do so I would prefer to use the game to do so.

I can see, with the grind that is current UO, why people would side step hours of questionable game play looking for a perfect item and just pay for it.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 11, 2011
Go order from one of the large RMT sites. The items is either out of stock or will take 24+ hours for delivery.

O
I don't know. I just looked at the one of UO guild forums known for selling gold among other things. The number of sellers and their prices are about the same I remember from a year ago.

Reactions: Keith of Sonoma

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2014
The GREAT State of Teaxs
I don't know. I just looked at the one of UO guild forums known for selling gold among other things. The number of sellers and their prices are about the same I remember from a year ago.
I saw what is, probably, the same site. It is amazing/sad/pitiful at the people who are selling stuff for RMT. People who are supposedly "upstanding" *cough,cough* well known UO players.

Reactions: Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nov 4, 2012
Atlantic
knightsofthevalorianorder.weebly.com
I saw what is, probably, the same site. It is amazing/sad/pitiful at the people who are selling stuff for RMT. People who are supposedly "upstanding" *cough,cough* well known UO players.
I've talked with all of them at some point about that, and moderated that site briefly. Every single time their justifications were one of these:

"I support UO by paying for more accounts to do gold selling/scripting so it works out for the games benefit overall, I'm helping!"

"It doesn't hurt anything, this is just my playstyle, everyone breaks rules anyway so who cares."

"I care about the players, and the players are more important than the game, so I bring players a service by selling them items for real money to help them enjoy UO more. I make money, they get items, everyone wins."

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2014
The GREAT State of Teaxs
I've talked with all of them at some point about that, and moderated that site briefly. Every single time their justifications were one of these:

"I support UO by paying for more accounts to do gold selling/scripting so it works out for the games benefit overall, I'm helping!"

"It doesn't hurt anything, this is just my playstyle, everyone breaks rules anyway so who cares."

"I care about the players, and the players are more important than the game, so I bring players a service by selling them items for real money to help them enjoy UO more. I make money, they get items, everyone wins."
It sounds like we have spoken with the same players. LOL

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 14, 2012
I can see, with the grind that is current UO, why people would side step hours of questionable game play looking for a perfect item and just pay for it.
That is exactly what I mean by changes to improve the game that work against RMTers. UO is very grindy, very complex, and confusing to people unaccustomed to it. I think a lot of people here are so used to understanding the game that they don't always appreciate how confusing it really is. That's not really the fault of the current team, but I do think the game needs a major quality of life and accessibility overhaul, and that such an overhaul would decrease RMT at least somewhat because people would be more inclined and more able to get what they need themselves.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 11, 2011
That is exactly what I mean by changes to improve the game that work against RMTers. UO is very grindy, very complex, and confusing to people unaccustomed to it.
I may be in the minority, but complexity is the reason I play UO vs any modern game. I like the complexity. I like the fact that I discover new tricks even after years of playing. I like that crafting requires real in depth knowledge to be done well.
I agree that instructions, in game or out of it could be better. But it seems they are working on it with the wiki (long way to go, I know:) ).
I hate the grind as much as anyone, but I don't know how to minimize it without making a whole new game. Currently grind is used to make the content last longer. Tho only other alternative I have seen is time locks (daily missions). And I hate those even more. Daily missions drove me away from more than one otherwise decent game. The game starts feeling like a Groundhog day in no time at all.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oct 1, 2006
Crashapeake
community.stratics.com
I may be in the minority, but complexity is the reason I play UO vs any modern game. I like the complexity. I like the fact that I discover new tricks even after years of playing. I like that crafting requires real in depth knowledge to be done well.
I agree that instructions, in game or out of it could be better. But it seems they are working on it with the wiki (long way to go, I know:) ).
I hate the grind as much as anyone, but I don't know how to minimize it without making a whole new game. Currently grind is used to make the content last longer. Tho only other alternative I have seen is time locks (daily missions). And I hate those even more. Daily missions drove me away from more than one otherwise decent game. The game starts feeling like a Groundhog day in no time at all.
Complexity if fine, but with a game that comes with as steep a learning curve as UO, that complexity needs structured, too much of UO's game mechanics rely too heavily on randomization which harms new and returning players. Why can't every Fel Champ guarantee at least 1, 120 scroll? This would help lower prices/accessibility and help new and returning players get up to speed.

As for the grind, here's an idea, bring back meaningful global arcs. Not EM events that happen once a month, during an arc, but week(s) long events like the various city invasions etc. As much as I disagree with the rares vending machine nature of the EM program these days, let them do their regularly scheduled events, but anything that is for the introduction of new content (that isn't purely story), should be done the old fashioned way, coded and executed and no rely on an individuals capacity to "RP". Redoing the Loot tables?... "The Royal mage was experimenting and a mishap created a massive flux in the magical energies that maintain each shard of the gem of immoralities copy of Sosaria, all the magical creatures of the land have gone mad...... weapons of incredible power are being found/the flux has apparently damped the ability to create magical weapons and armors...."

Story shouldn't be a means to an end, but rather and end to a means.

Reactions: petemage and skett

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2009
With regards to submitting a program for approval. I drafted an email requesting a certain program to not receive approval. That would be Pinco's UI, the auto cancel attack on blood oath script is a script cheat too far. I really hope they don't lower the standards of the game to a basically anything goes arena.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 22, 2010
With regards to submitting a program for approval. I drafted an email requesting a certain program to not receive approval. That would be Pinco's UI, the auto cancel attack on blood oath script is a script cheat too far. I really hope they don't lower the standards of the game to a basically anything goes arena.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 1, 2003
Lake Superior
Welcome back. The other forums lost their Freedom and shine already? Kyronix let you know where you stand. :grin: Looks like we will be keeping the pet saving log out function. :banana::troll:

Do you really think the only approved program that does what Pincos does is going to be disapproved now, Because one person hates 1 thing about it?
:lame:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 22, 2010
Welcome back. The other forums lost their Freedom and shine already? Kyronix let you know where you stand. :grin: Looks like we will be keeping the pet saving log out function. :banana::troll:

Do you really think the only approved program that does what Pincos does is going to be disapproved now, Because one person hates 1 thing about it?
:lame:
Yeah that was a pretty vicious slap down.

Reactions: Pawain

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 1, 2003
Lake Superior
Since you are here. This is one of your posts:

Some users constantly post things not worth reading, can we get an option to not display those posts/notifications when a certain user posts. For example, just plucking a name out of nowhere ******.

I just happen to have that many letters in my name.

Too bad they wont let you do that.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 18, 2012
charleston, SC
the auto cancel attack on blood oath script is a script cheat too far.
It's just a convenience, not a game breaker. Anybody with any sense can manually quit swinging when blood oath pops up, so why not automate it? The end effect is blood oath makes you back off for a few minutes either way

Crunchnasty

Visitor
May 3, 2018
its about leveling the playing field. because u gotta be paying attention when u get blood oathed, not just have an autopilot for everything. this is the reason why pvp is so jacked up. Literally everyone is running scripts for steam, sallos, pinco UI, and sometimes even cheat engines, packet pushing. its just too much

Reactions: Acid Rain

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 22, 2010
its about leveling the playing field. because u gotta be paying attention when u get blood oathed, not just have an autopilot for everything. this is the reason why pvp is so jacked up. Literally everyone is running scripts for steam, sallos, pinco UI, and sometimes even cheat engines, packet pushing. its just too much
Pincos is legal and available to all therefore the field is level in that regards. It is an obvious troll attempt and nothing more.

Reactions: Finley Grant

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 18, 2012
charleston, SC
because u gotta be paying attention when u get blood oathed, not just have an autopilot for everything. this is the reason why pvp is so jacked up.
You think people pvp on autopilot and not paying attention? How is that even possible? If that were so, you'd be dead long before a blood oath. Your response is pointless

Crunchnasty

Visitor
May 3, 2018
No I'm saying that shortcuts in the game are ruining it. Scripts are not good for the game, whether its for blood oath, or auto heal and auto cure, auto trap box, all the auto crap. that's what I mean for pvp, thanks for the lovely response tho, way to help.

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Feb 6, 2018
Pincos is legal and available to all therefore the field is level in that regards
Forcing us to look at, let alone play the EC to get the "Pinco perks" is by far a level field.

Sorry, but the EC gives me a headache just looking at it.
It's time to level that field and give the CC uses'er the OK "in black and white" on what programs we can use. (The Devs should know it's time too).
I see some of these guys running their scripts and yes it's ridiculous what some of them can do. However, we need something!!!

We shall see what happens.
The new list will tell all.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 22, 2010
Forcing us to look at, let alone play the EC to get the "Pinco perks" is by far a level field.

Sorry, but the EC gives me a headache just looking at it.
It's time to level that field and give the CC uses'er the OK "in black and white" on what programs we can use. (The Devs should know it's time too).
I see some of these guys running their scripts and yes it's ridiculous what some of them can do. However, we need something!!!

We shall see what happens.
The new list will tell all.
I'm not trying to be a jerk but you can not expect the dev team to develop and balance a game based on people getting a headache. Again I don't want to sound dismissive but it just is not practical.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 18, 2012
charleston, SC
No I'm saying that shortcuts in the game are ruining it. Scripts are not good for the game, whether its for blood oath, or auto heal and auto cure, auto trap box, all the auto crap. that's what I mean for pvp, thanks for the lovely response tho, way to help.
Certainly it helps because you were saying that blood oath feature in Pincos is hurting the game and I’m helping to clarify that I don’t see how that’s possible, so it’s an unfair allegation. Now as far as any shortcuts or illegal hacks, I entirely grant your point, just not that one

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Feb 6, 2018
I'm not trying to be a jerk but you can not expect the dev team to develop and balance a game based on people getting a headache. Again I don't want to sound dismissive but it just is not practical.
Headache = hard to look at :D was just a figure of speech.
The point being, you couldn't pay ME to play the EC, and to force me to play the EC for the "pinco/EC perks" is not a level field.

you said "but you can not expect the dev team to develop and balance a game based on people getting a headache"

No, but I can expect them to develop and balance a game, based on the fact that they run their game on two different clients.
It shouldn't matter what client I decide to play. I should have the same basic "macros/scripts/etc" in either client, plain and simple!

The new list is coming,we'll see what happens.
either way, there's going to be a bunch of crying going on when the list is released :D :D :D

I play CC and personally I believe it's time to level the playing field and make some things legal.
The time of no use of this or that program has come and gone. Bring on the new list Mesanna :thumbup:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
Headache = hard to look at :D was just a figure of speech.
The point being, you couldn't pay ME to play the EC, and to force me to play the EC for the "pinco/EC perks" is not a level field.

you said "but you can not expect the dev team to develop and balance a game based on people getting a headache"

No, but I can expect them to develop and balance a game, based on the fact that they run their game on two different clients.
It shouldn't matter what client I decide to play. I should have the same basic "macros/scripts/etc" in either client, plain and simple!

The new list is coming,we'll see what happens.
either way, there's going to be a bunch of crying going on when the list is released :D :D :D

I play CC and personally I believe it's time to level the playing field and make some things legal.
The time of no use of this or that program has come and gone. Bring on the new list Mesanna :thumbup:
If you want to keep driving that old bus go right ahead but don't cry when we wiz past you in the fancy new car with all the bells and whistles... It's your choice to drive the beater... so if you are left in the dust that's not our problem nor do I think the DEVs should waste time trying to patch up that old jalopy and keep it road worthy 20 years down the line... it's an antique... plain and simple. Ain't meant to be still road worthy. Sure it's weathered a lot of storms... but eventually it wears down... I don't believe allowing a bunch of programs designed to cheat the game is the answer.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 28, 2003
United States
If you want to keep driving that old bus go right ahead but don't cry when we wiz past you in the fancy new car with all the bells and whistles... It's your choice to drive the beater...
I'll grant you the new car and the bells and whistles, but fancy?!! :rolleyes2:

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mar 9, 2015
No. People Like You are ruining IT with your endless cry Sessions.

Download EC and pinco and **** up. Or Go on with CC and Shut up too

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2014
Certainly it helps because you were saying that blood oath feature in Pincos is hurting the game and I’m helping to clarify that I don’t see how that’s possible, so it’s an unfair allegation. Now as far as any shortcuts or illegal hacks, I entirely grant your point, just not that one
If you want to keep driving that old bus go right ahead but don't cry when we wiz past you in the fancy new car with all the bells and whistles... It's your choice to drive the beater... so if you are left in the dust that's not our problem nor do I think the DEVs should waste time trying to patch up that old jalopy and keep it road worthy 20 years down the line... it's an antique... plain and simple. Ain't meant to be still road worthy. Sure it's weathered a lot of storms... but eventually it wears down... I don't believe allowing a bunch of programs designed to cheat the game is the answer.

Ok guys and girls,

What happens if say, we allow the cheat programs EC and Pincos, and say, they are absolutely fine, lets go ahead.

Then to balance it all up, we allow all the scripting/speeder/modification programs in CC that give the same/better performance, optimisation levels, speed, automation.

At this point, everything is allowed, games got easier for everyone. Everything is "modernised".

CC by this stage, will look far better than EC, it will perform better, the lie will have been exposed that CC cannot be upgraded and perform as well.

So the answer is to approve all the CC script programs?

Would that in itself, almost kill off EC, because of course, everyone would naturally go to the better looking, better performing version.

You need to remember, EC is artificially kept ahead of the game, by building in functions that are banned in CC.

A bit like Felucca is artificially kept behind Trammel, by all new starters starting in Trammel and knowing nothing else, or all new lands and content being placed in Trammel.

Time to call the bluff, expose the lies I say.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 6, 2013
Oh boy, the EC haters at it again :tinhat::lol:

I rather doubt they will approve any program allowing to script movement and fighting. Die hard EC haters don't know that, but there are lots of limitations in the EC to prevent full scripting. To say allowing full scripting for the CC is leveling the playing field is once again only showing the bitterness of some people and how little they have understood about the clients we have.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2014
Oh boy, the EC haters at it again :tinhat::lol:

I rather doubt they will approve any program allowing to script movement and fighting. Die hard EC haters don't know that, but there are lots of limitations in the EC to prevent full scripting. To say allowing full scripting for the CC is leveling the playing field is once again only showing the bitterness of some people and how little they have understood about the clients we have.

All I want is something better looking, with more modern functionality and better performance than EC, how can that be a problem? ;)

Surely you futuristic orientated guys can see this is the way to go?

You EC lovers are sooo stuck in the past, you are holding the game back. :D

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mar 9, 2015
All I want is something better looking, with more modern functionality and better performance than EC, how can that be a problem? ;)

Surely you futuristic orientated guys can see this is the way to go?

Maybe You should Go an Play WOW.....

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 17, 2013
Awards

I can't say I agree with HOW you said it, but I am starting to feel the same way, the constant hate and snide remarks is getting a bit old. Well done Finley you actually made me laugh...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 6, 2013
Why didn't you say it like that in the first place then? ;) Your wording was very different in that other post.

Yep, like how glory the EJ bank box could look like, if it was only implemented with CC technology instead of this drag'n'drop, zoom and filter crap from the EC.

Or the seed box..

Oh, wait.. :rolleyes:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2014
I can't say I agree with HOW you said it, but I am starting to feel the same way, the constant hate and snide remarks is getting a bit old. Well done Finley you actually made me laugh...
Nothing to do with hate, it's just pure logic, and wanting equality.

It may not affect your playstyle, but CC PvPers have to fight against EC users with one hand tied behind our backs.

Make the scenarios equal, it is not being prevented because the 2 systems cannot be made compatible, it's happening because people are trying to push an agenda, which has failed.

People need to give up pushing failed agenda's onto CC and Feluccan players - balance us out, then see what happens - or do players feel threatened by this?

Yep, like how glory the EJ bank box could look like, if it was only implemented with CC technology instead of this drag'n'drop, zoom and filter crap from the EC.
Or the seed box..

Oh, wait.. :rolleyes:
Not sure I understood this, I've played EC a lot in the past, and had to come back to CC every time for looks, functionality and playability.
What does EC have over CC? The 1 click corpse loot option, the ability to find a healer on the map - put these in CC.
(Then of course, speed, additional banned CC macros - balance this either by allowing the scripts that make these happen, or by adding them to UOA).

In terms of the Backpack itself, CC backpack is far nicer and more player friendly than the grid option thing going in EC, you cannot organize that how you like and it looks and plays horribly. Only 2 days ago, an EC player dropped his Chiv spellbook on the ground after a spawn, instead of the Primers he was trying to throw away.

Regarding Seed Boxes - I cannot comment, I've not seen them in CC or EC. I only grow orange petals.

Balance CC with EC, which is completely possible, then you won't hear us moaning about playing against the odds all the time.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 6, 2013
In terms of the Backpack itself, CC backpack is far nicer and more player friendly than the grid option thing going in EC, you cannot organize that how you like and it looks and plays horribly. Only 2 days ago, an EC player dropped his Chiv spellbook on the ground after a spawn, instead of the Primers he was trying to throw away.
But you do understand that what you say there is highly subjective, right? I don't want to say you are wrong, but I severely disagree with a bit of a hard-to-believe-he-truly-thinks-that smile on my face. But I'm not here to fight some religious client wars, so I can accept your different opinion.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 6, 2013
What does EC have over CC?
Since it was in context of you saying "EC is holding UO back", and me responding about the recent new container gumps: Filters, scaling, resizing, reordering, drag and drop and modding support.

YW :)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 6, 2013
Balance CC with EC, which is completely possible, then you won't hear us moaning about playing against the odds all the time.
Hard to believe. Given the tons of unfounded accusations we witness since years, I'm sure the usual EC haters will find new point to grind their gears. Just read what some say in this thread like calling Pinco's a cheat program :rolleyes: The conspiracies will just move on as usual.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 17, 2013
Awards
If I had to play in the CC again the backpack alone would drive me insane within a few days, I've played enough other games to be very much happier with slots and not losing my stuff all the time! Each to their own, if people like it that way then good for them. I just don't get why people feel they have to attack the EC, most of us using it don't attack the CC on a daily basis or every time a thread comes up with a chance to put it down. :(.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 18, 2003
In Abstentia
I"ll stand beside you with your claim against EC and this blood oath Pincos thingy, which I don't use, if you'll stand beside me as we say "please patch the CC client daily so that the unnamed 3rd party proggie stays broken"...deal ?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 11, 2011
I just don't get why people feel they have to attack the EC, most of us using it don't attack the CC on a daily basis or every time a thread comes up with a chance to put it down. :(.
They believe (why, I have no idea) that if EC is canceled, the Devs will make CC great again. They tend to completely ignore the fact that it would be easier to write a new client from scratch than make CC approach the functionality of EC.
I am also not quite sure where all these demands for equality coming from? EC is an enhanced client. It came later and is supposed to be an improvement on CC. They should not be equal in capabilities.
A much easier, but expensive solution to this mess is to just hire artists and redo the models in EC. But, I suspect that what is really stopping BS from doing just that is not so much the expense, but inevitable tsunami of criticism aimed at the new art no matter how good it is. Someone will not like the angle the Christmas tree is at, others will feel that the hue of the brickwork in Brit bank is off and threaten to close their 12 accounts.

Reactions: ShriNayne