• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #19

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What kind of dumpster fire is Atlantic right now that dropping books on the ground made it into the newsletter?

Also, if anyone sees a moon goat please try killing it.

:heart: Oreo

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1) Moongoat looks interesting.
2) Third-party clients are illegal, so I'm not sure why anyone would think they're not. It is telling that they only mention the penalty for dropping books about how to use a 3rd party client. It's the old... "These are illegal, but we're probably not going to say anything if you use them unless you're doing other negative behavior" wink and a nod.
3) It's not surprising that there is still no information about NL other than "it's going to be cool; you can trust us." I'm not even sure I can be disappointed at this stage. Eventually, you have to adjust your expectations rather than expect people to want you to be excited and communicate.

Disfunctional

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
What kind of dumpster fire is Atlantic right now that dropping books on the ground made it into the newsletter?

Also, if anyone sees a moon goat please try killing it.

:heart: Oreo
UO going full WOKE bro, hurry up and get a gender change token, so you can use it to complain about everything and page on everyone. Paging and reducing the player base is the hot thing on ATL right now.

belal

Visitor
I saw some books about a third party client, don't remember them claiming anything about them being legal though. But I didn't read the whole thing. Maybe there's a few different ones going about.

Wilma

Adventurer
Will someone that is not a treasure hunter and doesn't have a boat, be able to do the upcoming event?

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
If you don't follow the discord, one or more people were banned for being spastic d-bags in global chat. Someone had the bright idea to brigade appeal, which probably did nothing other than piss her off.

Between people like Saul in the morning and these jack wagons in the evening, Atlantic is truly a dumpster fire.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Will someone that is not a treasure hunter and doesn't have a boat, be able to do the upcoming event?
I’m not sure, depending on what the Pirate brawl is. There’s not enough info about it yet.

what shard you do you play? I may be able to help.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you don't follow the discord, one or more people were banned for being spastic d-bags in global chat. Someone had the bright idea to brigade appeal, which probably did nothing other than piss her off.

Between people like Saul in the morning and these jack wagons in the evening, Atlantic is truly a dumpster fire.
They’re a special bunch over there, aren’t they?

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While looking at the " Ultima Online Official YouTube " I find it interesting that its clearly 2D, yet the frame rate is huuuuuuuuuge.
Interesting to say the least.
Wonder if that EM/Community manager read the newsletter about illegal third party programs?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While looking at the " Ultima Online Official YouTube " I find it interesting that its clearly 2D, yet the frame rate is huuuuuuuuuge.
Interesting to say the least.
Wonder if that EM/Community manager read the newsletter about illegal third party programs?
There's nothing wrong with her stream. You're getting increased framerate from her streaming, not the game. This is a common mistake people make in low framerate games. I can go play a 15 FPS game and stream it at 60.

It's easy to take pot shots at people and have ignorant people give you your digital cookies for it. I enjoyed the stream. I also think it's a step in the right direction to have an official stream. And haven't people been asking for a community manager? Ya'll are going to already start tearing them down after asking for it for so long? And with such a obnoxious "observation."

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's nothing wrong with her stream. You're getting increased framerate from her streaming, not the game. This is a common mistake people make in low framerate games. I can go play a 15 FPS game and stream it at 60.

It's easy to take pot shots at people and have ignorant people give you your digital cookies for it. I enjoyed the stream. I also think it's a step in the right direction to have an official stream. And haven't people been asking for a community manager? Ya'll are going to already start tearing them down after asking for it for so long? And with such a obnoxious "observation."
Negative. Look at her older streams, then the most recent ones. There is a difference. She was called out once at her zoom level, but that video was removed for some reason...

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Look at her older streams
but that video was removed for some reason
Post the one you want me to view and I'll view them.

Also, I'm assuming that EMs do use different tools. She may in fact be using something to facilitate the role she's filling. I don't see that as hypocrisy because we're not doing the role she's doing. It's not like she's playing the game in the videos I've seen.

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Post the one you want me to view and I'll view them.

Also, I'm assuming that EMs do use different tools. She may in fact be using something to facilitate the role she's filling. I don't see that as hypocrisy because we're not doing the role she's doing. It's not like she's playing the game in the videos I've seen.
Though I can build computers, I'm not entirely sure how I am supposed to find a removed video? Please reference a link for such things.
Gargoyle flapping @ 44:30 in this video - Gargoyle flapping @ 24:30 in this video -
My FPS is never smooth, regardless of how much stuff is going on. Perhaps just the curse of abiding by the TOS.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not entirely sure how I am supposed to find a removed video?
Then why would you tell me to view them?

I'm looking at the one you did link and at 44:30 and I see they look pretty low FPS to me. Second one looks pretty normal to me as well.

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then why would you tell me to view them?

I'm looking at the one you did link and at 44:30 and I see they look pretty low FPS to me. Second one looks pretty normal to me as well.

"She was called out once at her zoom level, but that video was removed for some reason..."
THAT is the video that was removed. Please re-read if needed.

The two videos posted there id a distinct difference in flapping, not just the casting animation from the gargs, but swinging animations.
Rose colored glasses see nothing I suppose.
The other glaring thing is the icon choice she uses. I have a gauntlet (hand) as my cursor in game. Only thing that changes that is the color based on what facet I'm in. Unsure if that could potentially be an EM thing?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait, the moongoats were an event on Origin? Player maybe? Why is this in the newsletter? I missed the reason? Two different events maybe?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Wait, the moongoats were an event on Origin? Player maybe? Why is this in the newsletter? I missed the reason? Two different events maybe?

Baja

1710275500680.png

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The CM is clearly using an enhanced Broadsword (whether EM or GM or ??) interface. If you look while she is streaming you can see hidden players.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ok, performed some thread clean up. Let's steer clear of politics or further gender discussion. We have Unleashed for that if you want to hash it out there.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It would have been nice to have more fullsome update on upcoming spring event.
Yea I was hoping for the same. I guess ultimately time will tell but I have definitely been looking for a reason to log into the game. I logged in to setup my ship for sailing and destroyed a few ships/beacons while on last week but haven't logged back in since outside of checking TC1 to see if the updates had dropped in yet. Kind of curious about those books being dropped on the ground now (which I had no idea about since I haven't actively played since mid-December).

I think the team could/should work on their build up to events... I think it would be pretty simple to drop a few more "crumbs" about the things we are getting each week to build excitement/hype. I think it was the Spring event 2 years ago where they had the screenshot of all the item pics (no stats given) available for the event; something like that each week (1 week vet rewards / 1 week black market rewards / 1 week pirate hats / etc) would at least get us hypothesizing about what it could be.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in.

Seems quiet. I'll check back.