• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #16

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is from the NEW Newsletter.
I also want to address a situation where UO players who have quit are giving their accounts to active players. If the original OWNER of the account does not reach out to us with their account information, we are unable to transfer ownership to someone else. On this note, I'd like to emphasize that if you receive an account from a friend or purchase one, your first step should be to contact us to change the secret word. This ensures that the account remains secure in your hands. Additionally, please ask us to add a note to the account specifying that it was transferred from a particular individual. This will prevent any confusion down the line.

Weren't we told it was illegal to give away or sell your account to anyone?

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This is from the NEW Newsletter.
I also want to address a situation where UO players who have quit are giving their accounts to active players. If the original OWNER of the account does not reach out to us with their account information, we are unable to transfer ownership to someone else. On this note, I'd like to emphasize that if you receive an account from a friend or purchase one, your first step should be to contact us to change the secret word. This ensures that the account remains secure in your hands. Additionally, please ask us to add a note to the account specifying that it was transferred from a particular individual. This will prevent any confusion down the line.

Weren't we told it was illegal to give away or sell your account to anyone?
you have your answer

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1691784474928.png

I love that they are planning 10 years into the future...this bodes well for the fate of UO!

*waits patiently for the sign up stone*

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A short update like this should be coming to us every month.

Interesting comment about accounts - basically acknowledging the correct way to sell accounts. While perhaps still illegal by terms of the ToS, they basically won't action you unless they have some major reason to do so. Selling accounts is de facto legal, and has been for years.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*Sets the latest news scroll down and picks up his glass of Good Old Moonglow Red*

Well imagine that.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Oh man I don’t even know where to start.

Regardless, now would be the time for the devs to step in and interact personally, if they’d like to regain trust.

it could be as simple as hey, sorry we’ve been silent we’ve been scraping our tongue cheese. Anything really. Post another teaser video and done.

it shouldn’t take the players to the edge of revolting to post a simple newsletter.

Good luck with the testing “soon™”.

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
First newsletter in months and they dedicated a significant portion of it to account transfers, which impacts virtually nobody. And what is this "secret word" nonsense? I have 4 active accounts and not a single one of them has a secret word that I'm aware of.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Extremely light newsletter given that we haven't had one in 6+ months and haven't heard a single word from the team in over a month.

Here's a summary of what it says:
  • Yay the BBQ was great (and only 4 hours).
  • Account transfer stuff nobody asked for (and nothing further on why the house placement was updated).
  • Actioned accounts for ONLY July (we haven't seen these stats for Feb-Jun). The July stats seem to lend itself to saying they have ben banning bots.
  • Upcoming events - the month of September is literally dedicated to "Anniversary rewards" only. IE "new stuff" to do doesn't start until October.
  • NL is still a thing but has been delayed....but we won't say why it's been delayed or tell you some of the mechanics we've worked on... no let's just give 3 screenshots from a story book that takes 5minutes to create simply using books of lore we have on Prod.
  • 1 single M&G for the rest of the year.
I initially was excited when I saw there was finally a new newsletter and was instantly disappointed when I scrolled through and saw a total lack of effort.

This lack of information after several months of radio silence in unacceptable IMO. I'd like to know what they've actually been working on for the past 6 months because as of right now there isn't much to show for it. Again, the cookie cutter dynamic events and adding a reward to the huntsman challenge can't be considered much of a "win" when they are just a rinse and repeat of previous events... they take minimal creativity and effort. If they have truly been working on NL for the past 6 months (and not sitting back collecting a check) what are some of the concepts we can expect?

This is the issue when they go radio silent for months on end and then release some lackluster news... I'm expecting to be given more since there has been half a year worth of time gone by since the last update. When the update is simply "more of the same events" and 3 screenshots of their work over the past 6 months it makes me think they've been siting on their asses doing a whole lot of nothing.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looking at the customer service "actions" is confusing did the ban 34 multi boxers and 27 macroers ?? Or simply take report??

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Looking at the customer service "actions" is confusing did the ban 34 multi boxers and 27 macroers ?? Or simply take report??
mutiboxing i think they ban you directly....for macroing you gte a suspension i think you can get caught 3-4 times before ban 24 hour 48-72 then a ban

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
mutiboxing i think they ban you directly....for macroing you gte a suspension i think you can get caught 3-4 times before ban 24 hour 48-72 then a ban
Yet somehow the heartwood multi boxers scripters stay despite massive reports seems fishy

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can anybody make a guess about the location of "Treasures of the Feudal Lands" upcoming in October? It shows zombies on the picture, which makes perfect sense given that the event is around Halloween. But I cannot make sense of the wording "Feudal Lands" and the pagoda temple it is showing on the picture. This "treasures of event" does not seem to take place again in Deceit, Fire or Hythloth.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Feudal lands are the Tokuno islands. Whether the event will be in the fan dancer dojo, or overland on one or all of the islands is yet to be seen. Perhaps the lands will be invaded by undead and it will be our task to free the lands from them?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We will be freeing the lands from zombies farming splintering weapons.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
First newsletter in months and they dedicated a significant portion of it to account transfers, which impacts virtually nobody. And what is this "secret word" nonsense? I have 4 active accounts and not a single one of them has a secret word that I'm aware of.
This is why it called secret. Nobody knows it, including account owner.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Can anybody make a guess about the location of "Treasures of the Feudal Lands" upcoming in October? It shows zombies on the picture, which makes perfect sense given that the event is around Halloween. But I cannot make sense of the wording "Feudal Lands" and the pagoda temple it is showing on the picture. This "treasures of event" does not seem to take place again in Deceit, Fire or Hythloth.
I think the zombies is representing the named (zombie) skeletons are returning to the graveyards
(example: the dec picture shows the Artisan Festival Tree and Krampus)

1692208158394.png

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Everything jammed together in the last 3 months of the year, like always .
Well complainers wont have reason to say there's nothing to do haha

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yup. Would be interesting if a place in tokuno can have a dungeon spawn. The Dojo would be interesting. I forgot how many dungeon spots can do these events. There's more than 30 spawn spots they can use.
Isn't the sleeping dragon enough?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm thinking it's gonna be over land like original tot
They gave a number of how many dungeon spots they have. They would have to rework the dynamic spawn to drop armor if it is in that area. So we will find out if they can turn a dynamic spawn into a dynamic dungeon.

Funny how players complain they want new ideas then those players ask the original ToT that we have done 3 times. Is it nostalgia? Seems those players are who they are making NL for.