• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Modders Exchange changes

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right now, the Modders Exchange has a number of issues. Also... I haven't logged into UO for over a month, and haven't tried to mod anything for 3 months.
So... instead of wasting my time trying to fix what already exists, I'm going to move to a completely different model that is much easier for me to maintain.
There are to options on how I will do that...

Option 1:
This option will be taken if there is at least one active modder still interested in using the Modders Exchange.
1. SVN will be replaced by Git.
2. The Wiki will become editable by anybody (but if I see any shenanigans, I will quickly change it into a moderated wiki where anybody can suggest changes, but only a select few can approve those changes).
3. Bug tracking will be done in GitHub.
4. Downloads page will be simplified and update to be more automated.

Any modders interested in utilizing the Modders Exchange should familiarize themselves with Git by Forking the primary repository:
https://github.com/illandril/UO-Modders-Exchange

Option 2:
This option will be taken if there are no active modders still interested in using the Modders Exchange.
1. All write-access to the SVN will be removed
2. The only page left on the website will be a single downloads page, with the most recent releases for everything that I think still works
3. Auto-renewal on the modders-exchange.net domain will be disabled (though that doesn't expire until 2015 - so it will still stick around for a long time, and there will be plenty of opportunity for the site to be reborn)

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry i have the same feelings like you, i also modded nothing for months now, UO died for me, iam not out forever but this lazy support makes me no sense developing here.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I got the site forked successfully, I have Git installed, but from here I'm not sure how it's supposed to connect to set up for me to down/upload. I spent a while with no success trying to figure it out.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll pull together some good Git resources soon for anybody interested.

In the mean time, the wiki is up (but basically empty):
Main Page - Modders Exchange

Anybody who has a little time, go ahead and add some content!

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend