• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Legal Justification

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goldstandard

The legal justification of this please.

Rules of Conduct: 19) You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online Service. You will not intentionally use or share any bug found within Ultima Online, whether or not it grants an unfair advantage, is real or fictitious. You will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or indirectly) to any other user of the Ultima Online Service. You will report any such exploit using the bug reporting methods as described by the Ultima Online Service at http://www.uo.com/mailBug.html.

Okay, yes duping does follow this category now stay with me folks the faster you face facts and live with them the better of your going to be.

Okay, no where in this statement does it say you have to be all knowing , and know what your buying , and no where in this statement does it say , buying goods of vendor not knowing whether they're duped or not is illegal and foul game play.

Yes EA will have many many law suits on its hands. The end of the tunnel is near and its coming to a end.

This is nothing further then a outrage. We've told EA/OSI for 10+ years this duping was a problem yet they still cannot get it fixed. Now for all the Stratics Moderators , who I have some what respect for knowing as for the people you have to put up with , but at the same time I know some Stratics Moderator will come onto this post , and go oh there working hard to fix this issue. Please give that a rest okay , 10 years later nothing is changed , nothing will change , they don't have the programmers they need to fix these very important problems. Furthermore , Jeremy Dalberg hasn't shown me or anyone else she has the willpower to get on and get these issues fixed , hmmmmm jeremy maybe its just about sucking that last drop of blood out of the game before it keels over and the bacteria begin to eat away at its rotting corpse , and the nats begin to hover over , and the vulchers begin to soar over and the corpse is no more.

Safe Travels Happy Journeys.........

U

UOKaiser

Got to remmebr this round of banning is not about having dupe val runic as that is not whats being dupe so those who didnt buy runic hammers and still got ban should check or remmebr if they bought val or verite runic bods.

T

Tabbitha

Got to remmebr this round of banning is not about having dupe val runic as that is not whats being dupe so those who didnt buy runic hammers and still got ban should check or remmebr if they bought val or verite runic bods.
So what IS being duped? So some of us have SOME idea what we should be avoiding ?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The legal justification of this please.

Rules of Conduct: 19) You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online Service. You will not intentionally use or share any bug found within Ultima Online, whether or not it grants an unfair advantage, is real or fictitious. You will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or indirectly) to any other user of the Ultima Online Service. You will report any such exploit using the bug reporting methods as described by the Ultima Online Service at http://www.uo.com/mailBug.html.

Okay, yes duping does follow this category now stay with me folks the faster you face facts and live with them the better of your going to be.

Okay, no where in this statement does it say you have to be all knowing , and know what your buying , and no where in this statement does it say , buying goods of vendor not knowing whether they're duped or not is illegal and foul game play.

Yes EA will have many many law suits on its hands. The end of the tunnel is near and its coming to a end.

This is nothing further then a outrage. We've told EA/OSI for 10+ years this duping was a problem yet they still cannot get it fixed. Now for all the Stratics Moderators , who I have some what respect for knowing as for the people you have to put up with , but at the same time I know some Stratics Moderator will come onto this post , and go oh there working hard to fix this issue. Please give that a rest okay , 10 years later nothing is changed , nothing will change , they don't have the programmers they need to fix these very important problems. Furthermore , Jeremy Dalberg hasn't shown me or anyone else she has the willpower to get on and get these issues fixed , hmmmmm jeremy maybe its just about sucking that last drop of blood out of the game before it keels over and the bacteria begin to eat away at its rotting corpse , and the nats begin to hover over , and the vulchers begin to soar over and the corpse is no more.

Safe Travels Happy Journeys.........

Dev Bashing,Threats of lawsuits,finger pointing... RANT ON DOOD!:next:

U

UOKaiser

As was stated before dont buy val and verite runics for the time being. And MOST POSSIBILITY dont buy bods that can get you val and verite runics. The bods are trackable by uo code system those are definetly being duped. The hammers are not trackable so they just going by item count on those. The hammers are not dupe they are all unique but if someone has a 20-30 count of val hammers in possesion you are suspect they cant prove they were dupe, bought or gathered on you're own so they just go whith gut instinct comparing how many you have but they cant prove it so many innocents get caught up on the sweep. Though the bods they can prove it and tell the difference if its dupe or not. Anything else i believe is not even being looked at so you can just shop whith ease for now.

S

Sunrise

a fool and there money are soon parted....

If ya don't like the game quit paying to play. If you do..Play it then :D Nuff said. Everything is going to have its problems...No matter how hard you get rid of one problem 10 more pop up..Hrm..sounds like life...

Just enjoy the game..or move on :next:

G

goldstandard

a fool and there money are soon parted....

If ya don't like the game quit paying to play. If you do..Play it then :D Nuff said. Everything is going to have its problems...No matter how hard you get rid of one problem 10 more pop up..Hrm..sounds like life...

Just enjoy the game..or move on :next:
Sounds more like incompetent programmers to me

T

T_Amon_from_work

As a player and paying EA customer ...
And as a member of IT for over 35 years ... you obviously have not a clue what it's like to maintain code as old as UO is or you'd not have made that statement.

Every piece of software has bugs ... hell, even Windows. Otherwise you wouldn't need to keep updating it with Service Packs and stuff. You *DO* update it, right?

Get off your high horses, all of you. If you are so thoroughly disgusted with UO get out and go elsewhere, else shut your yap and go play.

Thank you!

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately I know 2 people that were caught up in this ban for Duping or whatever EA chose to call their ban. They are trying very hard to get the ban reversed, but considering how EA can't even spell the word Via correctly in the email they received doesn't give them much hope. This action by EA has divided the community into 2 sides, good I am glad you cheaters are gone and those that believe some people that were banned unjustly.

Yes we all agree to TOS when we start this game, and we all know the EA owns it, that we just rent or lease our characters per month, EA is providing a service to customers but my concern is the way this was handled. EA customer service has been a joke for years now and they show that there will be no improvement in that area. I worked in customer service when the cable industry was deregulated and if I treated a customer in such a manner as EA does, I would be out of a job in a hurry. Without customers, there will be no Ultima online, which I am beginning to believe the naysayers that have been preaching this for years.

I will probably keep on playing UO until the servers shutdown, but that doesnt mean I have to like the way they run their business nor do I have to keep my opinions to myself. This action from EA wont stop the dupers, it will only stop the innocents.

A

Atlantian

You know if you wait a little while longer on this thread there is one poster that will give you all the stats and numbers and other unwanted crap on this! And their in your face opinion. :coco:

G

goldstandard

Another key note yes I do work in IT Im a security software programmer ,
And do you honestly think a compnay like microsoft the programmers would get away with this incompetence, No theyd be out on there A**es along time ago........ Transfers (have been done like 9 times) Evil deco (15 times or more) get real ....

K

Kiminality

Another key note, yes, I do work in IT. I'm a security software programmer.
And do you honestly think a company like Microsoft, the programmers would get away with this incompetence? No they'd be out on there A**es along time ago........ Transfers (have been done like 9 times) Evil deco (15 times or more) get real ....
On a vaguely related note, I do enjoy it when people claim to be programmers, but can't even manage the syntax of the English language.
Attention to detail is a programmer's best friend.
You, sir, are lacking.

P

Parson

On a vaguely related note, I do enjoy it when people claim to be programmers, but can't even manage the syntax of the English language.
You, sir, are lacking.
Some of the most intelligent people in this world don't even have a high school education. Degrading a person because he doesn't word himself to your liking is wrong on many levels. Attention to detail may be a programmers best friend but nothing was ever mentioned about mastering the english language to become a great programmer. Knowing the language doesn't mean you know anything about how people function.

K

Kiminality

Some of the most intelligent people in this world don't even have a high school education. Degrading a person because he doesn't word himself to your liking is wrong on many levels. Attention to detail may be a programmers best friend but nothing was ever mentioned about mastering the english language to become a great programmer. Knowing the language doesn't mean you know anything about how people function.
It has nothing to do with my liking, it is a matter of syntax.
Structuring a sentence is comparable to structuring a line of code, or perhaps a function would be more appropriate.

Simple use of punctuation and grammar, much less spelling, is not even close to mastery of the English language.

A compiler is unforgiving.
If you get syntax wrong, it is wrong.
If someone wants to try and elevate themselves to a point where they can satisfy a compiler's syntax requirements, then they should reflect that in other things.

Additionally. If they're going to attack other posters, then they lose any high ground, or immunity.
Look before you leap.

G

goldstandard

You, sir, are lacking.
I forgot I get paid to type to ea fan girls , about the programmers incompetence.

Second note , Programs used today have a nice thing on them called grammar & spell check its amazing what microsoft word key features can be used.....

G

goldstandard

Structuring a sentence is comparable to structuring a line of code, or perhaps a function would be more appropriate.

Simple use of punctuation and grammar, much less spelling, is not even close to mastery of the English language.

If someone wants to try and elevate themselves to a point where they can satisfy a compiler's syntax requirements, then they should reflect that in other things.

Additionally. If they're going to attack other posters, then they lose any high ground, or immunity.
Look before you leap.
First off Syntax is your most basic error most programs used in todays world in the programming field auto correct them......And most programs used today autocorrect mistakes....Okay this is a game forum & a programmer discussion this has nothing to do with the english language.
Microsoft has been noted for paying up to 500,000$ to find one of these errors in there software , why you think they offer so much? Could it be because they hire flawless programmers , and alittle thing i like to call REGRESSION TESTING... :D :loser:

G

goldstandard

Look before you leap.

I can type 186 wpm Programmers get paid to type in speed , then once they have some mistypes they go back and proof read and look for those syntax mistakes , then once they've done that they go back and check the code, then they execute the code inwhich they've made , then it goes through regression testing , after the regression testing stage depending on what the result is you may have to repeat this process multiple times to get the outcome you want. (notice I used a period with multiple sentence fragments just to **** you off)

But they dont get paid to type in english , either PHP , HTML , SQL Databasing , PYTHON , C++ , C# , CSS Styles, Javascript , Ruby , and the other languages we use.........

K

Kiminality

Why you felt the need to write three replies, and say the same thing in consecutive sentences, staggers the mind.
Just what are you trying to prove?

Just because you can get a program to do something for you, doesn't magically justify not bothering to do something yourself.
That's called being lazy.

The problem is...
When you post on forums with all the grace and grammar of a thirteen year old, it compromises your claims that your point of view is somehow worth more than anyone else's.
I think I'm done here... I really don't feel like unpacking the list of cutting things I could say about Microsoft product security...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can type 186 wpm Programmers get paid to type in speed ...
But they dont get paid to type in english , either PHP , HTML , SQL Databasing , PYTHON , C++ , C# , CSS Styles, Javascript , Ruby , and the other languages we use.........
Who is "we"? Because it sure doesn't include YOU.

Programmers are NEVER paid by their ability to speed-type. I can safely say that as a former Computer Science/Teaching major that had to leave school for heath reasons. There's a saying among programmers, in fact, that was lifted from law enforcement - SPEED KILLS.

DATA ENTRY people are paid for speed-typing - and are about as far from programmers as you can get. I used to work doing Data Entry - they broke the rules for 3 years, keeping me on as a verifier/QC keyer despite my only being able to key 30-40 wpm, to correct the data entry errors of their speed typists, BECAUSE I KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING.

For that matter, your claim of 180+ wpm is ludicrous. That's 12-15 keystrokes per SECOND. A person that can do 60-90 wpm reliably with low error rates is considered to be a fast keyer, and you claim to do 2-3 times that and remain coherent?

T

T_Amon_from_work

I can type 186 wpm Programmers get paid to type in speed , then once they have some mistypes they go back and proof read and look for those syntax mistakes , then once they've done that they go back and check the code, then they execute the code inwhich they've made , then it goes through regression testing , after the regression testing stage depending on what the result is you may have to repeat this process multiple times to get the outcome you want. (notice I used a period with multiple sentence fragments just to **** you off)

<throws hands up in disgust> No matter what I try to write, it just doesn't seem to look right or present my points like I wish them to come out. <sigh>

So, I only ask this ... Since when is SPEED a factor for pay - in a decent company and not a sweatshop environment? I learned way back when that accuracy and efficiency are just as valuable as speed AND when done correctly, well designed and written code should not need more than 2 or 3 test cycles before the customer gets a crack at breaking it - regression or unit testing. Ummm, provided proper design/requirement specs are handed to you. If not, then all bets are off.

But ... believe what you will.

P

Parson

"When you post on forums with all the grace and grammar of a thirteen year old, it compromises your claims that your point of view is somehow worth more than anyone else's." (quote from kiminality)

Funny how you think your point of view is worth more than his. Your arrogance is beyond any I have ever seen.

T

T_Amon_from_work

First ... that quote is NOT mine. Second, I respect what he believes however I am attempting to show there are other ways to be a thinker outsided the box, improve his skills and so forth. The OP and I are from different schools of the same profession ...

B

Bouche835

this is funny. it sounds like to me that if you don't think the way some mods think and don't use correct english and grammer then they are going to bash you for expressing you view point on this game. I am not going to us correct english and grammer typing in a forum. Who really cares how someone types or if they use correct english here? Maybe stractics use list somewhere in their TOS to use forumal english while posting. Give me break.

Also did I miss the part where he was expressing his feeling in spiels and rant section of the forums. Because it seems to me that the first person started the bashing was a mod. If you don't like what someone has to say in their post in the spiels and rants sections don't reply but make your our thread in this section that details how everyone who has a problem with EA ... to shut up and play.

K

Kiminality

Funny how you think your point of view is worth more than his. Your arrogance is beyond any I have ever seen.
You do realise that putting any point across, in a discussion, is arrogant to a degree.
Assuming that you're on a high ground, from which to call me arrogant, is arrogance in itself.
But, I can forgive that. You obviously have some issue with me, personally.

this is funny. it sounds like to me that if you don't think the way some mods think and don't use correct english and grammer then they are going to bash you for expressing you view point on this game. I am not going to us correct english and grammer typing in a forum. Who really cares how someone types or if they use correct english here? Maybe stractics use list somewhere in their TOS to use forumal english while posting. Give me break.

Also did I miss the part where he was expressing his feeling in spiels and rant section of the forums. Because it seems to me that the first person started the bashing was a mod. If you don't like what someone has to say in their post in the spiels and rants sections don't reply but make your our thread in this section that details how everyone who has a problem with EA ... to shut up and play.
*Sighs*
Look at the bottom of the page; there's a very important lesson to be learned...
Do you see my name there, listed under "moderators"? No?
That's because I'm not a moderator in this forum.
That I'm a moderator elsewhere is irrelevant. In here, I'm just another poster, like the other mods who aren't listed below.
(although, you might need to go back to the thread list, to see the list, on reflection)

Let me explain the whole "forumal english" thing:
If someone is going to make a claim of higher ground, for example, "I'm a programmer, I know better". Then I'm not going to take them at their word.
If someone makes such a claim, and also attacks another person, I'll "attack" their claim.
Most of the time, I couldn't give two hoots about how a person types. If it makes sense to me, then it's not worth the extra effort to take it any further.
However, as stated further up, accuracy is important to programming. One of the long-running bugs in the BOD system was caused by a single errant parenthesis.
So, yeah, attention to detail is important.

B

Bouche835

I sorry but I never once mention any names...just mods. I don't post much on this board because everyone is so quick to bash. I only point that I am trying to make is this...This person started this thread to express his view point on something. Why are people on this board so quick to degraded someone for expressing his or her view points? This is thier spiels n rants not yours. If you feel like you need to rant then start your own thread.

Its sad because WE all looks for faults in others before we look at the faults in ourself.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Understood, but can't Mods have an opinion? Are we not allowed to disagree with posters? Oh, and look at the bottom of this forum. You will NOT see my name as Mod either.

I have posted on these boards since early 1999 - one handle or another. SnR has ALWAYS been a hotbed of disagreements and I am glad to see it continues to be so.

I can't see where anyone is "degrade" for their opinion ... I see where there is a serious difference of opinion on some topics. That is not degradation, IMO. <shrug>

P

Parson

You are entitled to your opinion and I have never had a problem with you at all (personally I think you are a good person) but there are others on here that are constantly trying to give me and others grammar lessons (I speak american not english) and always tries to make the discussion about themselves.

B

Bouche835

yes everyone has that right to have an opinions and disagree and debate issuses.

I can't see where anyone is "degrade" for their opinion

I just reread this post to pick out a couple and here they are.

but can't even manage the syntax of the English language.
You, sir, are lacking.

When you post on forums with all the grace and grammar of a thirteen year old, it compromises your claims that your point of view is somehow worth more than anyone else's.
Degrading? Well it is in my dictionary....

Anyways we come here because of the love of the game. Stay on point. Agree, disagreed, and debate... hell even disagree about agreeing on a topic (i love those the best). I love debates but lets keep the personal attacks out.

K

Kiminality

I thought you weren't mentioning names?

I don't think you're reading the posts I'm making, which is kind of hobbling your arguments.

1.) The OP made a claim to a high ground.
2.) The OP attacked someone.
"Moron" is more of a personal attack than suggesting reasonable doubt of their claims (in this example, the noted lack of attention to syntax). So, let's check who we're aiming our accusations at, k?

B

Bouche835

I sorry but where in my post did a name get mention? And if someones claims to be on high ground...is that our responsibilityto claim he is not. Yes the "OP" did attack someone after that person attacked him. I believe it is call defending yourself.

P

Parson

I thought you weren't mentioning names?

I don't think you're reading the posts I'm making, which is kind of hobbling your arguments.

1.) The OP made a claim to a high ground.
2.) The OP attacked someone.
"Moron" is more of a personal attack than suggesting reasonable doubt of their claims (in this example, the noted lack of attention to syntax). So, let's check who we're aiming our accusations at, k?
:lame:

B

Bouche835

I was showing T'Amon where I saw that people were degrading others. I am truly sorry if I selected some of your quotes to back my claim...this was not intentional by no means. I was using them to show and also ask why do we feel the need to attack people on a personal level instead of just debating the facts.

A

Atlantian

Who's trolling who? hmmmm Seems someone here always has to have the last word. Along with the grammar lessons we all might learn something. :scholar:

S

Syfka

Who's trolling who? hmmmm Seems someone here always has to have the last word. Along with the grammar lessons we all might learn something. :scholar:
LMAO this is just to gosh durn funny :popcorn: i thinks myself i need some grammars lessons whats dos yous alls thinks abouts thisss? LMAO :loser::drama::eek::rant2:o an pleases wakes me whens someones wantis to me how to talk teach please:sleep2:

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correcting Spelling & Grammar in a way to "shove it in someone's face" is trolling. I'm done seeing this dog poo, I won't be tolerating it anymore by anyone here.

Find another way to knock someone off their pedestal without resorting to such. The best way is to provide calm, clear, and civil opinions on the matter. Most of which was done in this manner however, it started badly and now derailed the entire thread into nothing more than trolls trolling trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.