[UO Herald] Test Center Update - Publish 66 Now Available!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2007
Nameless Rune, Yew, Great Lakes
What the hell is a Nova Blast and who's Martyna?

Me. :p

As Malag said above, Nova Blast is the white-out effect that Slasher uses, as well as the 'expanding ring of light. These will lag the EC to no end as well as potentially crash it or require a restart due to your screen turning black.

There is a lesser nova blast that is an expanding nimbus of fire (looks like flamestrikes)- These are currently used for treasure guardian locked objects during EM events. If those happen often enough the EC will become turn based in its slowness and eventually lock up.

Presumably this is caused by the gaping memory leak in the graphics processing which they have known about since November and have done nothing to fix.

If they can fix the blackness issue, they should be able to fix this if they get the act together...

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Btw, have anyone tried to convert the vesper collection chaos shield to gargoyle?

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2008
EVENT ARC in PUB 66??????????????? I HOPE ITS NOT A STUPID NPC GO HERE GO THERE TYPE. WHERES REBUILDING MAG AT?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 11, 2004
Chesapeake
The end result will most likely be faction vs. faction fights with the other faction team having some guildies on blue bards. That's almost as how it already is in some cases - blue tamers/dismounters.
To be fair, I think the debuffs will also own dexxers, but I'm just trying to think, I've spent the last how many odd years since AOS trying to just stay at 15 SDI, now I have to think about getting to 47 SDI ... which I guess means that, as Logrus is trying to push, a pure mage (ie, one with Wrestling) becomes the best again, because only a pure mage can get away with using a spellbook in hand and thus a minimum of +25 SDI before disarmed, which once again drops the mage down. I got to test all of it though, hehe.

I thought about the change like SWers early on more than tamers/dismounters in factions, and how wind/thunderstorm would rock a choke, but I can see that parallel too, hm. It's definitely a bold idea, but maybe not the right one. Sort of like when a Dev thought it was a good idea for dexxers to have to disarm to use bandages, you all remember that proposed idea awhile back? Haha can you imagine... that idea got cut out pretty fast.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 6, 2008
LOLAZYTOWN
pretty sure that would be - 32% of 15% which would mean you would need roughly 5% more sdi. I cant imagine it is a straight percentage subtraction.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
Exactly what I was thinking. Either people are just looking for the easiest thing to complain about or planting must be a lot more popular than we thought.
I'll hazard a guess. More players are actively involved in raising plants than are actively involved in pvp... ;)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 11, 2004
Chesapeake
pretty sure that would be - 32% of 15% which would mean you would need roughly 5% more sdi. I cant imagine it is a straight percentage subtraction.
That's a thought :). I'm thinking HLA HLD you know? I keep putting off testing it, lol. One reason is I have to back up the EC before I patch, have to read Dev notes on how to maintain pet bars.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
I'll hazard a guess. More players are actively involved in raising plants than are actively involved in pvp... ;)
You know, looking at some shards I wouldn't be surprised there, lol.

kamiiyu22

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 23, 2004
Just want to suggest that can the new bear mask and deer mask craft using leather instead of cloth. Since you kill deer or bear they give leather hide, will that make more sense? Currently the head gear that's craft using leather are leather cap, leather jingasa and leather ninja hood, I think a few more choices would be cool. (And those 3 are pretty ugly imo :p)

Thanks.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 21, 2008
Just want to suggest that can the new bear mask and deer mask craft using leather instead of cloth. Since you kill deer or bear they give leather hide, will that make more sense? Currently the head gear that's craft using leather are leather cap, leather jingasa and leather ninja hood, I think a few more choices would be cool. (And those 3 are pretty ugly imo :p)

Thanks.
I agree.

O

Ozymandies

If you use leather for the masks, then you can use the dragon hides and get more resists. Was it designed this way?

OZ

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Hope everyone has fun with the new changes, some sound quite good.

I only PvP so today is my last day in UO after 13 years. The Despair spell is still way too powerful even with the changes.

So with that said all you PvMers enjoy the game, as I said there are some neat features and changes.

To the PvPers... Good luck... guess everyone will be using disco in PvP now, but I for one refuse to participate in this game anymore as long as these changes are active.

I will be closing my 6 accounts today, and if I don't throw all my stuff away I will be giving it away at random times on Chessy shard.. this will include my 6 houses, one which is a Keep.

Good luck to everyone :thumbup1:

kamiiyu22

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 23, 2004
If you use leather for the masks, then you can use the dragon hides and get more resists. Was it designed this way?

OZ
Yes, if the bear and dear mask can be craft using leather, using color leather will give better resist. I don't think this will cause any balance issue since you can create leather cap, leather jingasa and leather ninja hood w/ color leather and they give better resist and/or luck.
Currently, take away the 5 new added in this publish, number of head gear craft using cloth vs leather is 15 to 3, just hope that leather head gear can get some new look as well.

Thanks for your input OZ.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Sarasota, FL
There is so much discrimination against spell casters it isn't funny.

The new Despair spell will destroy mage pvp as we know it today.

They ruined pvp because the effect is not the same when mages use it against dexers as it is when dexers us it against mages.

Thanks for putting the final nail in PvP EA. :sad4:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
Hope everyone has fun with the new changes, some sound quite good.

I only PvP so today is my last day in UO after 13 years. The Despair spell is still way too powerful even with the changes.

So with that said all you PvMers enjoy the game, as I said there are some neat features and changes.

To the PvPers... Good luck... guess everyone will be using disco in PvP now, but I for one refuse to participate in this game anymore as long as these changes are active.

I will be closing my 6 accounts today, and if I don't throw all my stuff away I will be giving it away at random times on Chessy shard.. this will include my 6 houses, one which is a Keep.

Good luck to everyone :thumbup1:

Some people really need to calm down a little more after a publish before saying and making silly decisions. :p

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
Speaking of Pitchforks.. it seems they didn't make it onto the new craftable list..

I can't find them on any menu or submenu. Can we please have these added?

Masks are in Tailor menu in hats menu and blackstaffs in Carpentry in weapons menu.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard
pitchforks are craftable by tinkering and there are also orc helms on the bone armor tailoring menu ;)

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 2, 2008
Scotland
It would be nice to craft Orc masks with magical properties with runic kits. Are they imbuable?