• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 63 Coming to Test Center Today!

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will anyone from the UO team be providing instructions on how to use the chat system? The gump options are merely Join, Leave, and Create. Is there a way to find out who else is in the channel? If you create your own channel, do you see any messages when someone joins or leaves the channel? Does anyone else see your channel as an option?
Most of the details should be listed in the patch notes. You have the basic functionality of chatting in, joining, leaving, and creating a channel. With the chat messages migrated over to the System Messages area and Journal, the chat gump needed to be updated to serve it's newer purpose which is channel management. All default and user-created channels will be listed in this gump, along with the channel you are currently in, and options to manage your current channel. To keep the interface and usability simple and easy to understand, the player listings are no longer available.

I did nothing but log in fel Ocllo and it says I joined a "help channel" and a "general-Trammel" channel.

I look at the help menu and i see nothing new i can talk in. What is going on?
Seeing the messaging for joining two channels will only be temporary until the publish is available on your home shard. You'll have all the options of channel management in the Chat button located on the menu bar. To chat in the channel, use the comma key (,) in the Classic Client or /c, /chat, comma (,) in the Enhanced Client. The messages will appear in the System Messages area and Journal.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stupid Miner said:
It's been an hour and i already hate the chat feature, can it be auto-toggled "off" instead of "on" when logging in?
This will be temporary until your home shard receives the new publish. Sorry for the inconvenience. Your current channel is saved across play sessions and this includes when you are not joined to any channel at all.

Phaen Grey said:
There desperately needs to be a way to leave the general chats, in the 2d client you select the channels and click leave and you are still in them.

Also is there a way to password a private channel?
As mentioned above, this will be temporary. Though, when you click 'Leave', you will actually leave the channel, just not receive any confirmation until the shard is updated with the new publish. To truly test this, you can try chatting after clicking on the 'Leave' button and you should receive a response along the lines of not being in any channel at the moment.

Password protection is still under discussion.