• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 63 Coming to Test Center Today!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hail adventurers![/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Publish 63 will be available on TC1 today, we have a number of other changes in addition to the imbuing improvements that were released earlier this week. Below are the full notes for this publish (including the changes to imbuing) so have a look then see for yourselves on TC1, have fun![/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]

More...

E

Eyes of Origin

goodbye over weight imbued ecrus?

It says they fixed it, but how did they fix it?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Devs do you all have plans to allow for greater functionality for testing on the shard?

Gates for loyalty, weaving, pet bonding, simulated server maintenance etc?

*edit*also there was a comment about the nightly spawn system not working properly on many shards in the Holy City. Did those adjustments make this publish?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So will there be any sort of holiday event or just the gifts? Don't get me wrong, I love the fact we get presents. Its awesome. Just curious if there will be an event sort of stuff.

Sakk stated in the spoiler thread that the masks weren't a holiday thing, they were to expand on Halloween's event and give those people who didn't get a costume they wanted a chance to choose a new one.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet jesus. Mad props to the Community guys for actually delineating what is part of the publish and what is part of each client patch. Kudos to you guys for finally returning to form.

B

Beastmaster

Big thank you for the changes to the imbuing gumps. I noticed the 10's increment right away early this morning. I noticed one small semantical thing which could lead to confusion and should be easy to clean up, when you select the option to unravel an entire container the prompting text says to target "the item" you wish to unravel, same as if you chose unravel an item. Could you please change that to target "the container"?

Request clarification on this from the "Special Materials" section of the notes:
The bonus to durability is not considered in the total intensity of an item. Since some special materials add durability as an item property, we did not want those special materials to be less attractive in combination with the imbuing system.
Does this mean imbuing intensity, unravel intensity, or both?

Repeated request: Can we please have the formula for unraveling items? Alternatively could we get an unravel intensity number from using item ID skill, perhaps at GM skill? If the latter, could we also get the percentages used for special materials modifiers? It would help us a lot to decide whether and how to enhance looted items.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will anyone from the UO team be providing instructions on how to use the chat system? The gump options are merely Join, Leave, and Create. Is there a way to find out who else is in the channel? If you create your own channel, do you see any messages when someone joins or leaves the channel? Does anyone else see your channel as an option?

O

OxAO

Will anyone from the UO team be providing instructions on how to use the chat system? The gump options are merely Join, Leave, and Create. Is there a way to find out who else is in the channel? If you create your own channel, do you see any messages when someone joins or leaves the channel? Does anyone else see your channel as an option?
Yeah I am totally lost here.

I did nothing but log in fel Ocllo and it says I joined a "help channel" and a "general-Trammel" channel.

I look at the help menu and i see nothing new i can talk in. What is going on?

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the details should be listed in the patch notes. You have the basic functionality of chatting in, joining, leaving, and creating a channel. With the chat messages migrated over to the System Messages area and Journal, the chat gump needed to be updated to serve it's newer purpose which is channel management. All default and user-created channels will be listed in this gump, along with the channel you are currently in, and options to manage your current channel. To keep the interface and usability simple and easy to understand, the player listings are no longer available.

I did nothing but log in fel Ocllo and it says I joined a "help channel" and a "general-Trammel" channel.

I look at the help menu and i see nothing new i can talk in. What is going on?
Seeing the messaging for joining two channels will only be temporary until the publish is available on your home shard. You'll have all the options of channel management in the Chat button located on the menu bar. To chat in the channel, use the comma key (,) in the Classic Client or /c, /chat, comma (,) in the Enhanced Client. The messages will appear in the System Messages area and Journal.

O

OxAO

Seeing the messaging for joining two channels will only be temporary until the publish is available on your home shard. You'll have all the options of channel management in the Chat button located on the menu bar. To chat in the channel, use the comma key (,) in the Classic Client or /c, /chat, comma (,) in the Enhanced Client. The messages will appear in the System Messages area and Journal.
I turned off the menu bar years ago it blocks the limited viewing space I have in 2D. Most people I know turned it off. I would suggest adding a button the paper doll.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Appears you can set a macro to open the chat window specifically, although I haven't tested it yet.

EDIT:
Just tested it: the macro is glitching it out and switching me to default channel instead of opening the gump.

O

OxAO

Appears you can set a macro to open the chat window specifically, although I haven't tested it yet.

EDIT:
Just tested it: the macro is glitching it out and switching me to default channel instead of opening the gump.
that will work when it is working.

S

Stupid Miner

It's been an hour and i already hate the chat feature, can it be auto-toggled "off" instead of "on" when logging in?

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There desperately needs to be a way to leave the general chats, in the 2d client you select the channels and click leave and you are still in them.

Also is there a way to password a private channel?

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stupid Miner said:
It's been an hour and i already hate the chat feature, can it be auto-toggled "off" instead of "on" when logging in?
This will be temporary until your home shard receives the new publish. Sorry for the inconvenience. Your current channel is saved across play sessions and this includes when you are not joined to any channel at all.

Phaen Grey said:
There desperately needs to be a way to leave the general chats, in the 2d client you select the channels and click leave and you are still in them.

Also is there a way to password a private channel?
As mentioned above, this will be temporary. Though, when you click 'Leave', you will actually leave the channel, just not receive any confirmation until the shard is updated with the new publish. To truly test this, you can try chatting after clicking on the 'Leave' button and you should receive a response along the lines of not being in any channel at the moment.

Password protection is still under discussion.

Y

Yalp

I probably missed it somewhere, but is there a list for this already posted?

# Artifacts can now be imbued.

* These follow the same rules and restrictions as other items. This means most are unable to be imbued, as they already exceed the property and intensity limits of the imbuing system, but many of them can be improved through the imbuing system.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just hope they added something with which they can monitor the chat channels and ban the spammers using it.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Devs do you all have plans to allow for greater functionality for testing on the shard?

Gates for loyalty, weaving, pet bonding, simulated server maintenance etc?

*edit*also there was a comment about the nightly spawn system not working properly on many shards in the Holy City. Did those adjustments make this publish?

It's been years in asking and they still haven't made characters on TC have 720 skill points and 255 stat points. Bugs me to no end.

R

rajadeah

"Arcane Gems and Clockwork assembly will now stack"

Umm arcane gems have been stackable for some time now, its power crystals that need to be made stackable.

S

SpiritWeaverLS

Great addition on the channels. Very fun way to communicate. Thank you!!

D

DarkVoid

Can you please look into adding a command which will give the originally available Halloween masks and some red crystals so that players can test these items on Test? Newly created characters do not have any masks or crystals so cannot test the turn-in system.

I feel that players may be disadvantaged by price gougers looking to sell their masks at a very hgh price which a lot of newer players simply cannot afford for these exchange masks.

Would it be possible to create a variation of the original Halloween essence capturing quest so that all players can participate regardless of how rich or poor they are?

It does not need to be as fast as the original quest was, and indeed it does not even need to have the essences in the same locations as before. What is needed is that it fairly balances the turn-ins for players who will not have enough masks to turn in and will not be able to afford ridiculous prices.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been years in asking and they still haven't made characters on TC have 720 skill points and 255 stat points. Bugs me to no end.
They ought to have some gates or somehow change this on Test, I agree, but I think they are limited by character creation since new chars aren't yet entitled to 255, have to log in and out once I believe ... eh I don't know if that gets you to 255 though.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chat problems (some mentioned previously):

1. The default chat mode/channel should be off.
2. The user needs to have the option of making a password protected channel
3. There really needs to be an ignore feature
4. There needs to be a PM feature
5. How do we tell what other users are using my channel?

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still no to imbuing aprons?

Unraveling item id still is wrong. Unraveling to relics from crafted items isn't 100% relic, but item id is wrong when it does.

Enhanced client still crashes my gtx295. regular client fine and no other program has a problem...only enhanced client.

-Lorax