[UO Herald] Explorers of the Stygian Abyss Event

• Thread starter UODevTracker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 26, 2008
Virginia near Washington, DC
You will get a 'golden ticket' that will entitle you to the house. You can then have time to sell your old house... or you could sell the ticket. You redeem the ticket with a GM to have the housing plot transferred to you.

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 26, 2008
Both houses will be 18x18, they will have the normal number of lockdowns. The house will be placed by a GM and then transferred to the player with the winning ticket when they are ready to receive the house. (you don't have to buy the 18x18 foundation)

I'm happy to see so many people are into the quest and like the new rares.

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 26, 2008
"I wanted to say, assuming that Geoffrey is the same Geoffrey from Ultima lore, that it's nice to see him in-game.

Can we expect to see more Ultima heroes in the future?"

Yes, they are the same.

I do intend to bring back some oldies but goodies in the upcoming months. I'm just starting a new live event thread now in which you will recognize many of the characters.

I'm a fan of character continuity and development. That is why I tried to tie Queen Dawn back to her roots in the latest fiction on the herald.

In the old days she was this 'Whose big idea was it to capture a plant creature for questioning anyway...' guard. I saw her as the kind of character who said what everyone else was thinking. I suppose when she became a noblewoman and then queen, she has had to grow a filter on her mouth. But I wanted players to know that she is still the same Dawn on the inside.

"1 more question, will the owner/friends be able to recall to the house? What about using linked telporters?"

Anyone who can mark runes in a normal house can mark runes in the Abyss house.
Linked teleporters will work.