• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO for Mac, Im still having problems...

K

Kozmo

Ok so, I have seen VMWare and Parallels but I dont have a XP cd to use for those... I was wondering can UO run on MAC without having to use a xp CD?

I want to get back into the game without having to buy a crappy windows computer...

L

Lugh Simaldinach

There is a Linux based client available to run on OSX, but I doubt it has been kept up to date. It's on one of the sites that come up when you do an 'Apple games' search. The windows emulators for MAC do a wonderful job of running at least as badly as windows.

G

You can try Crossover... it is free for 30 days and you do not need the actual windows. I do not use it myself, but without windows, this is your only alternative. I have heard that a downside of it is that after an hour or more it slows and needs to have its "bottle" emptied. Anyway, hope this helps. Best wishes.