• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Update on Character Transfer

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs
2013 Apr 26 18:46 GMT
We are still working on fixing the issues with Character Transfers but hope to have everyone finished to be able to turn it back on Tuesday May 7th. I will let you know if anything comes up to change this date.

Thank you for your patience.

Continue reading...

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well at the very least this is a date. I can only hope the fix is made and on time, but of the two id prefer fixed over the date. I want it to work.

jradar71

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And this is why EA was awarded the worst company for the second year in a row. Seriously? May 7th?

Posted by Bonnie Armstrong | 2013 Apr 26 18:46 -0400 GMT
We are still working on fixing the issues with Character Transfers but hope to have everyone finished to be able to turn it back on Tuesday May 7th. I will let you know if anything comes up to change this date.

Thank you for your patience.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
What the heck are you all talking about. You asked for an update and a time frame.

you got it.

Looks fine to me and I have all kinds of xfers to complete.

Quit your whining and lets support the Dev team on what they need to get done for us.

Seriously Jeez

Last edited:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And this is why EA was awarded the worst company for the second year in a row. Seriously? May 7th?
Seriously? No update or time frame, complain. Get update and time frame, complain. What next, complain when it gets fixed? lol

Seriously though, from what I read in the initial post, they're working on some major issues with transfer.

Last edited:

jradar71

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't it great how you all have gotten so use to the poor service from this company that you have become immune to it. The truth is that sometimes things happen in IT and I am fully aware of that in my everyday job; however, this game didn't just come into production. This company isn't new. They have a test system but continue to fail to test things properly before bringing them into production. Transfers are a HUGE portion of this game and a rather nice area that brings the company revenue. It isn't like they failed to test the Begging skill or something that wouldn't effect much of the game play. Their failure has impacted nearly the entire game playing community in one way or another. A portion of the game that we all pay monthly expecting to be able to perform. Additionally, people buy transfer tokens at a not so cheap rate and apparently you think I am out of line for expecting them to work.. LOL

I don't complain because it effects me.. I complain because this should have been tested more accurately before coming into production. I complain because we all pay for this service to be available. And I complain because them taking an estimated 10 days to fix this is extreme to say the least. When something breaks in my line of work we stay at work until it is back up again. You put in the time because the customers pay for the service to be active. We don't pay for Ultima Online... minus transfers.

This is why EA earned 100 percent their second year in a row of being awarded with the WORST company trophy.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriously? No update or time frame, complain. Get update and time frame, complain. What next, complain when it gets fixed? lol

Seriously though, from what I read in the initial post, they're working on some major issues with transfer.
Go back and read the post regarding whether players thought it was a good idea to move the transfers warehouse to the cloud when they screwed up moving the servers there SO badly. It was predictable from the get go that they would screw this up because they do NOT do proper testing beforehand. Taking down a paid service for 2 weeks implies a MAJOR issue... one that should have been addressed long before the move to the cloud was done.

Yes, this post regarding the downtime is much better than the last post, in large part because if gives a time frame. Players at least have a sense of when they can expect the service to return. But that does not mean we should just lie down in silence when they constantly screw up the game for their paying customers because they wont/cant do their job right.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The delay might also be caused by someone being on vacation. I think Kyronix mentioned in a post from a week or so ago that he was hoping to get a chance to use a new underwater camera later this month, so that read to me as if he was planning on being on vacation around now.