• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] UO Forum Access

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have never had a problem with the official forums. Most likely because i have never once, had the desire to go there. I probably will never check it out. For better or worse, I'm happy here!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On my PC all I use is Firefox no problems staying logged in. On my iPad/ IPhone I use Safari no problems staying logged in.
seems strange that the 2 least used browser seem to work.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How many people have changed settings in their browser, I have not and I have NO problems, I also let my browser auto upgrade every time there is a new version. The only people that have a problem are saying this with the exception of 2 people and there are 47 posts in this thread with a lot of multi posts from the same person so really there are a FEW people saying they have a problem. There are 7 known computers that have NO problem.
That's great that you and Pawain don't have issues on all 7 of your computers; if it's also sunny where both of you live I guess that means it can't possible be raining where other people are either right? I'm not sure where you two are going with your posts. Kyronix has already confirmed the problem so while it's great your computers work, it's still an issue for enough people for the Devs to have it on a backlog versus saying users need to do something on our end.

Go to the library and see how many machines it works on. I tried 4 of my own PCs. It works on all 4. What testing did you do?
My 2 PCs at home and my laptop all have issues staying logged in with Chrome. Merlin/Garth/skett/etc all have noted they have problems. Once again you fail to see the point that Kyronix has acknowledged there is an issue and they haven't fixed it.

There is no need for you to suck up to the Devs on every single thread by posting inaccurate made up stories acting like it's not a problem. I know this is probably a new concept and hard for you to wrap your head around but you don't actually have to post/comment on every single thread/post there is.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
but you don't actually have to post/comment on every single thread/post there is.
And I do not have to do a damn thing you tell me to do. I did acknowledge that people have issues, all I said is it was not the majority. That's why it is difficult to fix if it does not happen to everyone. But you go ahead and respond to things I say in your head, it's pretty funny

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's great that you and Pawain don't have issues on all 7 of your computers; if it's also sunny where both of you live I guess that means it can't possible be raining where other people are either right? I'm not sure where you two are going with your posts. Kyronix has already confirmed the problem so while it's great your computers work, it's still an issue for enough people for the Devs to have it on a backlog versus saying users need to do something on our end.

My 2 PCs at home and my laptop all have issues staying logged in with Chrome. Merlin/Garth/skett/etc all have noted they have problems. Once again you fail to see the point that Kyronix has acknowledged there is an issue and they haven't fixed it.

There is no need for you to suck up to the Devs on every single thread by posting inaccurate made up stories acting like it's not a problem. I know this is probably a new concept and hard for you to wrap your head around but you don't actually have to post/comment on every single thread/post there is.
I never said you did not have ****ing problems all I said that not EVERYBODY is having them you moron.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I do not have to do a damn thing you tell me to do. I did acknowledge that people have issues, all I said is it was not the majority. That's why it is difficult to fix if it does not happen to everyone. But you go ahead and respond to things I say in your head, it's pretty funny
You're in the minority on this, but you post like it's a majority opinion. Not to attack you, but I think that sometimes you forget that you play UO probably 85% more than anyone else does. Not that that's a bad thing, I'm jealous some days, but still...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're in the minority on this, but you post like it's a majority opinion. Not to attack you, but I think that sometimes you forget that you play UO probably 85% more than anyone else does. Not that that's a bad thing, I'm jealous some days, but still...
I do not know if we are in the majority or minority but this reminds me when KR came out and some could run it and some could not and it had nothing to do with top end CPU. I hope a light bulb comes on and they figure out WTF is going on.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I did acknowledge that people have issues, all I said is it was not the majority.
If only one browser works reliably - Firefox - and said browser has less than 10% market share of all web browser usage - how do you automatically conclude that less than a majority is having issues?

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
How many people have changed settings in their browser, I have not and I have NO problems, I also let my browser auto upgrade every time there is a new version.
Has Chrome stopped updating on machines using anything older than Windows 10?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe the main issue is with it needing to verify active account status.
I notice on my phone, when it flashes through the page that would make you click I accept terms of service the first time you use the forum, my phone will log in on that attempt every time.

Maybe that is why they tell you to delete cookies and log in.

If only one browser works reliably - Firefox - and said browser has less than 10% market share of all web browser usage - how do you automatically conclude that less than a majority is having issues?
Because many of us never had to use Firefox because Chrome works for us.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So are you saying that you know for a FACT that the majority of Stratics posters use Chrome? How did you obtain those FACTS, did you hack every bodies computer to verify. The only people that we know for a FACT using Chrome are the ones saying so in this thread.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has Chrome stopped updating on machines using anything older than Windows 10?
Does Windows 11 stop Chrome from updating? I am running windows 10 on all my CPUs and Chrome is fully updated on all my CPUs

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Folks, I did some thread clean up here. This is an important topic as many people have been affected by this for several months now - there is no reason why we can't have a discussion without resorting to name-calling. Please don't take this to the level of requiring warnings and thread bans.