• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Online: New Legacy Alpha Sign-Ups Open Today!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8/14/2023 Greetings, We are pleased to announce that beginning today, Monday, August 14th, 2023 at 12pm ET we will be opening the sign-up stone on Test Center 1 for Ultima Online: New Legacy alpha testers. Sign-ups will be open until Wednesday, August 16th at 12pm ET. Participants will be selected at random from the stone and will be contacted via e-mail in order to begin the on-boarding process. Sign-ups are only open to veteran accounts free of any CS violations. Participants will be required to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) prior to beginning testing. Good luck! UO Team

Continue reading...

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently they don't want me as testers, as the stone just tells me, EJ accounts are no eligible (hence I would guess, veteran account means paid subscription). And I'm for sure not paying a month to maybe get picked, but then not get picked :p
So yeah, fine with me, I'm not in a hurry anyways. Besides, I'm not a big fan of games in an alpha state. So it is probably better I'm not getting in :lol:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Apparently they don't want me as testers, as the stone just tells me, EJ accounts are no eligible (hence I would guess, veteran account means paid subscription).
This is interesting. It was positioned that NL is an attempt to bring UO to the biggest audience ever yet they would only let paid accounts test? Seems like they would want as much help testing and input as they could get if trying to scale the shard to the biggest audience ever.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Beings how I’ll be testing on NL ill let you know how the new idoc system works there :eyes:

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is interesting. It was positioned that NL is an attempt to bring UO to the biggest audience ever yet they would only let paid accounts test? Seems like they would want as much help testing and input as they could get if trying to scale the shard to the biggest audience ever.
For an Alpha I’m not sure I’d want the testing pool open to everyone. I guess it’s going to depend on what they consider Alpha.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My hope is that it will be a very well rounded group of individuals that can think on their own and communicate their different perspectives. My hope is that it's not filled with people who think their way is the only right way and everyone else is wrong but being the cynical person I am, it may be hard to find more than a handful of people like that these days.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
El
My hope is that it will be a very well rounded group of individuals that can think on their own and communicate their different perspectives. My hope is that it's not filled with people who think their way is the only right way and everyone else is wrong but being the cynical person I am, it may be hard to find more than a handful of people like that these days.
Even with the best testers the reporting process will have to be efficient and well designed something this team seems to struggle with..

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
8/14/2023 Greetings, We are pleased to announce that beginning today, Monday, August 14th, 2023 at 12pm ET we will be opening the sign-up stone on Test Center 1 for Ultima Online: New Legacy alpha testers. Sign-ups will be open until Wednesday, August 16th at 12pm ET. Participants will be selected at random from the stone and will be contacted via e-mail in order to begin the on-boarding process. Sign-ups are only open to veteran accounts free of any CS violations. Participants will be required to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) prior to beginning testing. Good luck! UO Team

Continue reading...
Dumb question...where is the sign up stone?

Gone ;)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For an Alpha I’m not sure I’d want the testing pool open to everyone. I guess it’s going to depend on what they consider Alpha.
Alpha and closed Beta runs are typically limited in number. Open Beta is where the world can get in on the action.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See they do meet deadlines. :lol:
Actually they were early with this one. Stone was gone at least an hour before the deadline. :( Thats what I get for waiting 'til the last minute

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I happen to resent that they had the sign ups in the middle of the week.

I mean some of us have a REAL life and a REAL job.

I work 8-5 M-F now and my job in FinTech is super high stress and tiring.

Why can't the Dev Team EVER do something on the weekends when the rest of us are free?

Is that REALLY so much to ask after 25 years?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It was open for 2 days....unless you worked from 12 Noon eastern on the 14th to 12 noon eastern on the 16th you should have been able to find 10 minutes to log in and click the stone.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was open for 2 days....unless you worked from 12 Noon eastern on the 14th to 12 noon eastern on the 16th you should have been able to find 10 minutes to log in and click the stone.
Well GEEZ Excuse me! I only have to get up at 6 AM to go feed my REAL horse, then get ready and and leave for work by no later than 7:15 to be at work by 8 AM.

Then I work till 5 pm that's IF there is no CRIT-SIT or 3 pm support ticket tsunami. If there is then I may work until 6 pm or so.

I work in a SECURE environment. Absolute NO outside computers. NO gaming, NO social media, NO unapproved programs I can't even UPDATE anything without permission of the

Networking Dept. The reason our security is tighter than a cloistered nun's ass is the software our company designs, sells and supports let you guy check your bank balances, check

transactions, make transfers etc. By the time I get home feed my horse, eat a bite of dinner, I am tired. I shower, throw on my PJs and go to bed.

Larisa I am so glad you live a charmed life. So are you head Cheerleader of the Mesanna Cheer Squad? Don't you think your a little old for Pom-poms?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Please do not start this up again....

If you can't find 10 minutes out of TWO DAYS then you might need to re-evaluate things.

I am not cheering or waving pom poms...just stating facts my dear.

Tell Donna Hi for me.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well GEEZ Excuse me! I only have to get up at 6 AM to go feed my REAL horse, then get ready and and leave for work by no later than 7:15 to be at work by 8 AM.

Then I work till 5 pm that's IF there is no CRIT-SIT or 3 pm support ticket tsunami. If there is then I may work until 6 pm or so.

I work in a SECURE environment. Absolute NO outside computers. NO gaming, NO social media, NO unapproved programs I can't even UPDATE anything without permission of the

Networking Dept. The reason our security is tighter than a cloistered nun's ass is the software our company designs, sells and supports let you guy check your bank balances, check

transactions, make transfers etc. By the time I get home feed my horse, eat a bite of dinner, I am tired. I shower, throw on my PJs and go to bed.

Larisa I am so glad you live a charmed life. So are you head Cheerleader of the Mesanna Cheer Squad? Don't you think your a little old for Pom-poms?
I might be forgiven for thinking that if you can't find a minute to sign up, you would really be struggling to find an hour or two here and there to actually do the testing you were wanting to sign up for?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

you 100% would not have been picked with your history so just relax

also noted you have plenty of time to moan here and post several times, this will have taken more than 10 minutes, or did you want a personal invite to click the stone?

Also, if you are SO busy, how will you find the time for gruelling testing of Alpha?

Last edited:

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
the software our company designs, sells and supports let you guy check your bank balances, check

transactions, make transfers etc.
this sounds like the movie Office Space and Peter's tps reports. Is the company you work for named Initech?

so the New Legacy testing sign up ... did you get that memo ? Yeah ....

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

And yet you somehow found time to post here in your very busy, busy, busy day and didn't you quit.