• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Turning off Vendor Search

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone, Due to reported issues in game with character transfer, vendor search, log in server issues, and various other applications we are turning off Vendor Search until further notice to try to track down the cause of these problems. We will keep you informed and thank you for your patience. UO Team

Continue reading...

Herp!

Journeyman
I must be old school... I just wander around clicking every single vendor in SA client to be able to use the bag search function. I've never been able to rely on vendor search since the day it was released. The Gump just flicker spams and I have to completely reopen the game to make it leave me alone. All in all, no loss to me, though I'm sure I've been missing some amazing deals at vendors outside of luna or beyond the immediate perimeters of the main cities.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Vendor search was so awesome (and necessary), I used it ALL the time.
I'm sure it was just taken down for repair while they fix it. Not being removed from the game. It wasn't working as is anyway. Anything placed on a vendor after at least Sunday morning wasn't showing up.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Aside from the initial roll out, I've never had any issues on Atlantic with Vendor Search. Hopefully will be up and running sooner than later.
Lady Cat of Atlantic reported having this same problem. So if it isn't happening to everyone that's weird :( I assumed it was game wide since Sunday. Lots of folks chatting about it. The issue I've had was everything I placed on a vendor never showed up in vendor search. I noticed that starting Sunday morning. It use to report my new vendor contents in a few minutes.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I must be old school... I just wander around clicking every single vendor in SA client to be able to use the bag search function. I've never been able to rely on vendor search since the day it was released. The Gump just flicker spams and I have to completely reopen the game to make it leave me alone. All in all, no loss to me, though I'm sure I've been missing some amazing deals at vendors outside of luna or beyond the immediate perimeters of the main cities.
What is the SA Client, I thought we only had 2 clients and what is this bag search function.

Herp!

Journeyman
What is the SA Client, I thought we only had 2 clients and what is this bag search function.
Stygian abyss (enhance) client, I forget people refer to this mainly as EC. I do use pincos as a modded version of the ui but I do believe that bag search is a function of the enhanced cient... I may be completely wrong but there should be a magnifying glass at the bottom of any bag you open that allows for searching what's in the bag by any keyword, such as if I open a bag full of white scrolls I can type taming and it'll show me all scrolls taming related.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My guess is, it's the Log in scripts running all day claiming gifts.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No need to remove your items or for them to remove fees. My vendors are still selling a lot even without the search, but it is because I advertise by dropping runes, gating, etc. Post on your shard trade forum advertising your shop and your good prices. :)

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No need to remove your items or for them to remove fees. My vendors are still selling a lot even without the search, but it is because I advertise by dropping runes, gating, etc. Post on your shard trade forum advertising your shop and your good prices. :)
well ya, when ever i get into a mood to redo my home, your place is always the first place i visit

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Cat of Atlantic reported having this same problem. So if it isn't happening to everyone that's weird :( I assumed it was game wide since Sunday. Lots of folks chatting about it. The issue I've had was everything I placed on a vendor never showed up in vendor search. I noticed that starting Sunday morning. It use to report my new vendor contents in a few minutes.
I had this issue, and I am on Atlantic.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Two days later and still silence. Would be nice to have some estimation of it being back, or "we don't have a clue" or something.
UPDATE. Currently we are still experiencing login in issues. However we are clueless on determining the problem. We have rebooted the server. Checked the plug. We took all the cards out of the server and reseated them. Also we are currently running scan disk and defraging the hard drive. If necessary we will reinstall windows and get a new video card. Hopefully we'll have more information on this later in the week.

OldUO

Adventurer
FURTHER UPDATE: The Team at Broadsword has begun updating their resumes and is currently browsing the Jobs forum on Craigslist.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Sooo close! lol 98%. They didn't refresh the database so the new Christmas Gifts aren't showing up, foil, Snowpuff trees, etc. And I really want to dump those Snowpuff trees ;)

Herp!

Journeyman
Sooo close! lol 98%. They didn't refresh the database so the new Christmas Gifts aren't showing up, foil, Snowpuff trees, etc. And I really want to dump those Snowpuff trees ;)
Just cuz of the crap art? If only we could just remove the damned pots... I love how the top of it looks.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UPDATE. Currently we are still experiencing login in issues. However we are clueless on determining the problem. We have rebooted the server. Checked the plug. We took all the cards out of the server and reseated them. Also we are currently running scan disk and defraging the hard drive. If necessary we will reinstall windows and get a new video card. Hopefully we'll have more information on this later in the week.
Did you pull it out and look at it intently. Blow on it then look at it again, before plugging it back?