• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Summer is Here! A Gift For You!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, Summertime has arrive for (most) of us and to celebrate a “Recipe for an Enchanted Picnic Basket” can be claimed on all shards after 4pm ET on July 17, 2018 by veteran accounts for the next 5 days by visiting the Britain Commons and using the bear statue. Enjoy! The bear statues will be placed manually, so please allow some time for placement before visiting the commons. Happy Summer! -UO Team

Continue reading...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that sucks.....I logged in on my 1st char and grabbed the recipe thinking it was One per char...…..
Now I have a mace warrior that could make a picnic basket...….if it had the rest of the craft skills needed to make one...….
:facepalm:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Baskets end up as the color of the reeds and require a tinker that knows basket weaving, softened reeds and shafts.
Well that explains why luna is full of clippers on the ground and players asking for reeds.

And someone handed me shafts and scouring toxin.

And chat is full of girlie talk.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Brit Commons.
you better find it because its going to be the place all the clicky's are gonna be going forward.
go south of brit west bank a screen.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used clippers on a decorative plant but it says you must use this on a decorative plant?

Anyone know what I am missing?

edit: leaving this up in case anyone else had this issue.

You can't use these on the decorative plants we get from the wheelbarrow.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sonoma is not working.
bear is up but does nothing.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To make an Enchanted Picnic Basket:

Need clippers set to cut reeds.
Four same color Decorative Plants that can be clipped to use clippers on to make dry reeds. They retain color of Plant.
Two Scouring Toxin to make Two softened reeds.
Three wooden Shafts

Here is a White and a Bright Orange. The Orange not so Orange looking

upload_2018-7-17_15-44-45.png

They have 4 items inside:

3 Hot Dog
3 Hamburger
3 Sausage
A deed for a picnic blanket

upload_2018-7-17_15-53-53.png

The Blanket is purple but you can dye the deed.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used clippers on a decorative plant but it says you must use this on a decorative plant?

Not all decorative plants can be clipped. The ones from wheelbarrow cant be. Bonsai trees cant.
The old style plants can be.

You need 4 of same color. Unless there is a trick.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blankets can be dyed in new colors from BODs.

upload_2018-7-17_16-9-12.png

upload_2018-7-17_16-11-17.png

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its very cute gift, ty! How do we get a basket that is natural in color? I used plain plants and got a grey basket. That Pawain orange is a little better.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish the baskets came in an exceptional variety. Crafting stuff without even an option for a maker's mark is eh...

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish they would finish the Vault....it looks so empty....not to mention stupid!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its very cute gift, ty! How do we get a basket that is natural in color? I used plain plants and got a grey basket. That Pawain orange is a little better.
Ya the Bright Orange looks more like natural. But remember plain plants make grey dye.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happened to them putting in an Auction House? Isn't there suppose to be a do it yourself quest system put in Publish 100 or 101?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What happened to them putting in an Auction House? Isn't there suppose to be a do it yourself quest system put in Publish 100 or 101?
Dont forget about High Seas part deux!

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman

I missed the wheelbarrow. I was on a break from playing in the spring and by the time I found out about them, it was too late. :(

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well that sucks.....I logged in on my 1st char and grabbed the recipe thinking it was One per char...…..
Now I have a mace warrior that could make a picnic basket...….if it had the rest of the craft skills needed to make one...….
Wow! Our first UO student for Basket Weaving 101! Impressive.

I'll just pass on this one ... this time. <shakes head> Dungeon crawls for me.

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ughh so much junk in this game. Who comes up with this crap... so much focus on deco and useless item hoarding... my 92 year old grandma may as well be running UO.

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bitter, party of one!

They dont have to do anything. But then people would complain about that. Cant win can they.
Haha i like that. Bitter, party of one! Hahaha. Im gonna use that man.

Aside from that, i agree they really cant win it seems. Constantly pumping useless garbage like picnic baskets into the game in my opinion serves no purpose. The game has enough of this stuff!

I think ultimately why i am dissapointed is not because we get more pixel garbage, but because i saw the blue message from the devs and i thought perhaps they are releasing some new content e.g. a spawn or a quest, or a i dunno a new room in a dungeon or some sort of mystery story line to keep me entertained.... but nope... we get baskets.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think ultimately why i am dissapointed is not because we get more pixel garbage, but because i saw the blue message from the devs and i thought perhaps they are releasing some new content e.g. a spawn or a quest, or a i dunno a new room in a dungeon or some sort of mystery story line to keep me entertained.... but nope... we get baskets.
Be patient. ;)

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hamburger - Hot dogs - Sausages - Pizza - time to build takeaway-houses in UO ;) .... btw. i miss Pommes Frites!!!

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Ughh so much junk in this game. Who comes up with this crap... so much focus on deco and useless item hoarding... my 92 year old grandma may as well be running UO.
I take offense to that since I am a 92 year old grandmother. :fight: And I like PvP and raids, so there young man. :p

~Na, but I am black, so that's something kinda unique.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
We were really hurting for lack of hot dogs in game. At long last, Britannia is complete.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can see the headlines now: "Tram newb pwned at Yew Gate with a hotdog! New meaning for 'meat my main!'"

:rolleyes:

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Some of us enjoy deco. It's just another aspect of a game with depth.
Picnic baskets do have a lot of depth....

Listen im not trying to insult, but make a point that there is a lot of stuff in this game and i dont believe a continuous feed of freebies adds much. I feel like this game has been lacking in terms of the feeling of gratification when earning something newly added.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Picnic baskets do have a lot of depth....

Listen im not trying to insult, but make a point that there is a lot of stuff in this game and i dont believe a continuous feed of freebies adds much. I feel like this game has been lacking in terms of the feeling of gratification when earning something newly added.
you seem to be missing the meaning of the word 'gift'.
it was not heralded as the 'summer time grind' or the 'summertime mini arc' or the 'summer time mini champ'.
it was however a 'summertime gift'.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would have been cool if you had a chance at a random rare blanket hue, pattern and shape

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was a bit disappointed that the blanket didn't take on some of the colour of the plants used.

Damon Beasts

Journeyman

They did that cuz they didn't want glacial dyes in game. If they allowed this, then they wouldnt have to worry about all the glacial cloth thats still out there or the people making BILLIONS of it.