• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 98 Comes to TC1

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@MalagAste you could tinker a super template relying on legendary artifacts + EC kit switching macro's but simple template/play style no question there are better builds to suit every kind of scenario. Taming should be a main contender alongside sampire/ABC and Magery/Necro/Mysticism templates but sadly besides necro pets being a bit annoying in pvp taming is the lazy man's way of killing paragon/high intensity drop mobs which is completely B tier PvM.

My mate's efforts years ago raising taming without a mythic token...he's still playing with me now and it's impossible to suggest to him different template options because those real skill taming/lore points are the most infuriating part of UO lvling system and it's a part of him as a player. The reward for this is laughably a slightly tankier pet, pointless.
I'm not going to drop my 120 all taming or even 115 all taming to add a bunch of skills to my template where I can't freaking travel but to walk and use runebooks..... lose my ability to mark and get around for what???

If I wanted to be a Dexer or a sampire I would be one... I want to be a tamer.... and some of my tamers are bard/tamers... If I wanted to play a Sampire I'd play a sampire... I want to be a tamer... and IMO that still involves Magery to gate the animal back to the stables... Magery to help heal my pet, Magery to invis when I need to... etc... I want to wait the timer out to bandage my pet not wait 10x longer to bandage myself.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh yes, Tamer has just joined the rest of us as Borked classes.
I wanted to be a pure Warrior but no...... apparently i need to mix it with "magic" style classes now to stand a chance. ;)
Just wait till the "new" magic school is introduced.......Opps, i said too much :devil:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamers can definitely do Doom with the new pets. We had 6 tamers with Cu's and other 5 slot pets and were able to take on 2 Dark Fathers easily. We then did the gauntlet, killed 2 more DF's, did the gauntlet again and killed 2 more DF's. Total hunt time was about an hour or so. 4 were disco tamers, 2 were SW tamers. We did it again, with just 3 tamers and 1 DF, did the gauntlet but had a problem with 2 DF's since the second one popped unexpectedly and we decided to call it a night. BTW no one was using consume damage, so the change to that should not be a major impact. It was fun to do Doom again. I'm pretty sure that 2 tamers can do the rooms and 1 DF with little to no problem, as long as one of them keeps the spawn under control.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Far as I'm concerned my guess is they don't want us doing anything in-game anymore as tamers but the roof... We can't do Doom anymore... Can't do Champ Spawns as we are a joke to all other templates like sitting ducks... that's how I feel as a tamer... may as well not bother.
You can still do Doom. Just not the Dark Father...but you couldn't do the Dark Father (alone) as a tamer before the Doom revamp. Not seeing the issue.

Champ spawns: Would you rather take an hour+ to solo it as a tamer, or 20 minutes tops as a sampire?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can still do Doom. Just not the Dark Father...but you couldn't do the Dark Father (alone) as a tamer before the Doom revamp. Not seeing the issue.

Champ spawns: Would you rather take an hour+ to solo it as a tamer, or 20 minutes tops as a sampire?
*laughs at 20 minutes tops*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

I have been playing UO since late 1998 and was also an Elder (part of the former discontinued volunteer programme), I remember the days when tamers were both respected and feared by players because it took so much effort to become a tamer let alone the endless hours it took to fully train a Greater Dragon. While I don't have any data with me to say whether pets' damage against players should be further reduced, based on my personal experience as a tamer I can tell you I get PK'ed a lot these days by warriors or mages when doing champ spawns in Fel. Now I'm not complaining about being PK'ed at all as I fully understand this is part of the game mechanics but what I do wish to voice out is warriors and mages no longer fear tamers, they don't even need to think twice before whacking a tamer. When a tamer has poured so many hours and effort into training taming, lore and vet skills as well as their pets and that they can only rely on their pets to protect and fight for them, is it fair to "balance" pets by having pets damage against players reduced to 50% and to have consume damage further capped (I must say I don't use consume damage anymore as I don't notice any significant differences and the mana drain is quite harsh)? I'm also baffled by the proposed change of having pet's direct damage linked to HP, so does that mean all I have to do is jack up all my pets' HP to the highest possible to do most damage? What about STR, DEX etc, do these states no longer play any parts in determining pets damage? Appreciate some clarifications please.

Thanks!

Nice post.

The PvP crowd does not want any competition in Fel. When a pet killed someone they came here and complained in droves. Even the ones who could not prove that they even saw a pet in Fel. Just the idea of something challenging them made them cry many rivers. (Droves = 6 or so people) (Rivers = 3 or so) The devs then made sure pets can no longer give an owie to someone in Fel.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You can solo the dragon turtle spawn in 20 min?

And they are nerfing tamers. Thats pathetic.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*laughs at 20 minutes tops*
I couldn't solo it in 2 hours ..... on a Sampire... since I loathe the class and often wind up dead because for some reason she just stops hitting things. Or she wiffs 10+ times in a row.... Lags out and dies... whatever the case may be .... I end up dead time and time again...

I hate Sampires. Again if I wanted to play one I would.... but to me I hate them...

I could probably do it in an hour or so on my Archer... but again... I'd rather not.

Couldn't do them in 20 min even with a buddy... more like 40. Which IMO is too long.

Edit: As for having 6 tamers doing the DF lucky to find 2 who will come to the roof.... let alone 6 to go to Doom.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I couldn't solo it in 2 hours ..... on a Sampire... since I loathe the class and often wind up dead because for some reason she just stops hitting things. Or she wiffs 10+ times in a row.... Lags out and dies... whatever the case may be .... I end up dead time and time again...

I hate Sampires. Again if I wanted to play one I would.... but to me I hate them...

I could probably do it in an hour or so on my Archer... but again... I'd rather not.

Couldn't do them in 20 min even with a buddy... more like 40. Which IMO is too long.

Edit: As for having 6 tamers doing the DF lucky to find 2 who will come to the roof.... let alone 6 to go to Doom.
I can solo that rat spawn in about 35-45 minutes. Most of which is spent on the first level using the open paperdoll trick. Those claiming to solo them in 15-20 is full of it and ill be willing to put my gold where my mouth is.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The PvP crowd does not want any competition in Fel. When a pet killed someone they came here and complained in droves. Even the ones who could not prove that they even saw a pet in Fel. Just the idea of something challenging them made them cry many rivers. (Droves = 6 or so people) (Rivers = 3 or so) The devs then made sure pets can no longer give an owie to someone in Fel.
Do you pvp? By your own admission, you don't, so why are you talking about something that literally has ZERO effect on how you play UO? Do you really think it's not possible that pets weren't overpowered? Because they were...and still are in some aspects (i.e. overall durability.)

The other night, during the Harrower I popped on LS, we got raided. The sampire that was there flagged on my tamer, but my 5-slot nightmare (which has Poisoning and Armor Ignore as its special abilities) was set to guard. Do you know what happened after? HE BOLTED. If he had tried to fight it, he would have died. Now, imagine that's a pet that can actually keep up with mounted speed, like a phoenix. Are you seeing the problem?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Do you pvp? By your own admission, you don't, so why are you talking about something that literally has ZERO effect on how you play UO? Do you really think it's not possible that pets weren't overpowered? Because they were...and still are in some aspects (i.e. overall durability.)

The other night, during the Harrower I popped on LS, we got raided. The sampire that was there flagged on my tamer, but my 5-slot nightmare (which has Poisoning and Armor Ignore as its special abilities) was set to guard. Do you know what happened after? HE BOLTED. If he had tried to fight it, he would have died. Now, imagine that's a pet that can actually keep up with mounted speed, like a phoenix. Are you seeing the problem?
Sorry... but gotta call bs on that one.. I mean maybe his Mom called him for Supper being ready... *shrugs*

I gave the PvP crowd the benefit of the doubt when they began hollering "Pets Need to be Nerfed" (check the threads from the discussions)... BUT.. than came the "PvP Event" on Atlantic... what I saw during that event made me realize pets are not op in PvP... hell, very few players died from actual pet attacks. Seemed fairly simple for them to evade the pets attack (invis, get pet caught on something to where it could not follow etc)...

AND... another BS call... no pet can run at mounted speed now.. in fact you can dang near out walk (not out run.. not out run on a mount) almost any pet with how slow they have nerfed them.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry... but gotta call bs on that one.. I mean maybe his Mom called him for Supper being ready... *shrugs*
it was later in the night, so unless he had a really late meal... ;)

AND... another BS call... no pet can run at mounted speed now.. in fact you can dang near out walk (not out run.. not out run on a mount) almost any pet with how slow they have nerfed them.
Haven't pvp'd on Atlantic in several months, so I can't speak to the meta there, but the pre-nerf speed of the phoenix was the issue; I won't deny I'd have trouble KILLING pets now, especially on a mage. But that's a different (pun not intended) animal altogether. The last time I fought a tamer, escaping was easy, even without a mount. In fact, the only pet I remember even having a chance to keep up with me before the revamp was a Rune Beetle, and even that was unlikely.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The reds on LS are not exactly known for being the top PvPers in UO. Was it BSR? He ran to go get others and they weren't on so he left. Even on LS they don't fight alone.

Yes having pets damage decreased to 50% does affect me. I would like to also be able to get scrolls that I use on my pets..

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Haven't pvp'd on Atlantic in several months, so I can't speak to the meta there, but the pre-nerf speed of the phoenix was the issue; I won't deny I'd have trouble KILLING pets now, especially on a mage. But that's a different (pun not intended) animal altogether. The last time I fought a tamer, escaping was easy, even without a mount. In fact, the only pet I remember even having a chance to keep up with me before the revamp was a Rune Beetle, and even that was unlikely.
You are definitely correct on the Phoenix.. that rascal had speed turned up so high he was poofing lol...

We can definitely stand in agreement that pets are very difficult to kill.. well, the ones without slayers at any rate. Now that they raised the damage allowed to pets and dropped the di/sdi cap as well that should balance out on the standard ones. The Mare? The Naja? Etc... Ummmm... *shrugs* those are still gonna be a pain to kill..

I doubt the folks in Fel are running around with Anon's Book or tweaking out Aloron's Armor :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The other night, during the Harrower I popped on LS,
Invite me next time. I'm always on or here at night. I'm sure someone in Gen chat can find me.

Ill keep those pesky reds off you with my L33T KiLlEr pets. jk about that part.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reds on LS are not exactly known for being the top PvPers in UO. Was it BSR? He ran to go get others and they weren't on so he left. Even on LS they don't fight alone.

Yes having pets damage decreased to 50% does affect me. I would like to also be able to get scrolls that I use on my pets..
It was, and I'm well aware of their (lack of) skill, considering I've killed them 3v1 before. But he didn't come in alone - they were spawning at the same time we were, and saw the Star Room gate after they finished a Deceit spawn.

Also, the damage decrease is only in pvp, which I know you don't do (or don't do very often), so it's clearly a case of 2 + 2 = 5.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the damage decrease is only in pvp
Pet v Player when the pet attacks a red. Tamer (me) still dies fast.

I dont call raiding PvP It is called Pking.

You can show me how easy it is next time you are on LS. I cant do spawns alone like you can.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pet v Player when the pet attacks a red. Tamer (me) still dies fast.
Ok, and? Not sure what that has to do with the pet's damage reduction in pvp...and raiding is PKing, not pvp? Huh. Guess we better rewrite the UO history books on that one, since there's been plenty of spawns where all groups involved were more than willing to fight.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, and? Not sure what that has to do with the pet's damage reduction in pvp...and raiding is PKing, not pvp? Huh. Guess we better rewrite the UO history books on that one, since there's been plenty of spawns where all groups involved were more than willing to fight.
You said the 50% pet damage reduction does not affect me. It affects all tamers who want to get a scroll.

Comprende?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You said the 50% pet damage reduction does not affect me. It affects all tamers who want to get a scroll.

Comprende?
hmm, you're right. I didn't realize tamers were the only class you could do spawns with.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmm, you're right. I didn't realize tamers were the only class you could do spawns with.
Actually the point is You cant do spawns with a tamer. Any raid and the tamer dies and the pet does 50% damage to the player. Take a pet to an unbound EV and tell me how long it takes the pet to kill it. Thats an example of a pet doing reduced damage to a mob.

Instead of arguing you could come over and show me how spawns are done with your LS char.

Zepheus

Visitor
Well just yesterday when I was trying to raise resists on my almost fully trained Tsuki wolf (110 in Anatomy, Tactics, Wrestling, Parrying, Necro) with armor ignore and necro, I accidentally targeted myself and although it attacked me a 4-5 times taking my HP down to around 10HP, I lived. I'm a tamer in full luck gear so I'm not sure how some people are saying pets are overpowered. I'm sure a properly trained warrior/sampire could easily kill my Tsuki wolf pet which took hours to train in 1min or less - I've even tested most of my pets on my warrior friend, his HP barely moved past 70%.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well just yesterday when I was trying to raise resists on my almost fully trained Tsuki wolf (110 in Anatomy, Tactics, Wrestling, Parrying, Necro) with armor ignore and necro, I accidentally targeted myself and although it attacked me a 4-5 times taking my HP down to around 10HP, I lived. I'm a tamer in full luck gear so I'm not sure how some people are saying pets are overpowered. I'm sure a properly trained warrior/sampire could easily kill my Tsuki wolf pet which took hours to train in 1min or less - I've even tested most of my pets on my warrior friend, his HP barely moved past 70%.
They complain because a pet damages them. @cobb has yet to prove a pet has killed him or he has even seen a pet in Fel. I know he can post a pic. But he is first to complain.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of arguing you could come over and show me how spawns are done with your LS char.
Pretty easily. I let another group do the work, then come and kill them.

They complain because a pet damages them. @cobb has yet to prove a pet has killed him or he has even seen a pet in Fel. I know he can post a pic. But he is first to complain.
Actually, the only pet that was a problem was the Phoenix, which WAS broken. NOBODY was complaining about any other pets, because they didn't have the movement speed the Phoenix did. Re-read the threads about it.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We should never let truth get in the way of the PvP Narrative :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, the only pet that was a problem was the Phoenix, which WAS broken. NOBODY was complaining about any other pets, because they didn't have the movement speed the Phoenix did. Re-read the threads about it.
We are arguing about the two changes right now.

So the PvP is just fine with 30% damage reduction and not changing Consume damage?

Choose your response carefully. The Trammies did not ask for those changes and we will be fine without them.

Why should PvM be affected by those things that only the PvP community want? Even when you say pets are fine now.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are arguing about the two changes right now.

So the PvP is just fine with 30% damage reduction and not changing Consume damage?

Choose your response carefully. The Trammies did not ask for those changes and we will be fine without them.

Why should PvM be affected by those things that only the PvP community want? Even when you say pets are fine now.
30% (or whatever the # is) damage reduction is a pvp change that does NOT affect pvm. Are your pets doing 30% less damage against monsters (Well, ignoring the monsters that have the ability to parry, anyway) now? No, right? Do you, and the other "Trammies" who may be whining about the damage reduction, do any sort of pvp at all? If the answer to that is no, it does NOT affect you.

Also, where have I said pets are fine now? I've barely played UO in months, let alone pvp, so there's a reason why I'm not commenting on what happens on Atlantic. What I've actually been saying, if you've been paying attention (which you clearly haven't): The Consume damage changes are fine as is, because it's ridiculously broken now. It wasn't an issue prior to the revamp, because only one pet could make use of it. Why shouldn't it be changed to reflect the new taming meta?

My pets are still able to fight the same things they could before the consume damage change, but I admit there are things I probably couldn't tank like I can now on LS and Atl; I just don't care enough to find them. That my pets still have the ability to tank those things has nothing to do with player skill level, btw.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you, and the other "Trammies" who may be whining about the damage reduction, do any sort of pvp at all?
I invited you to LS to show me how to do a spawn in 20 mins. Like I said. with 50% damage reduction my pet would do nothing while a PK kills me. So, looks like I cant do spawns.

Jarvis did not complain about consume damage. Which Mob did?

upload_2017-7-31_22-11-21.png

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I invited you to LS to show me how to do a spawn in 20 mins. Like I said. with 50% damage reduction my pet would do nothing while a PK kills me. So, looks like I cant do spawns.
You are still acting like a tamer is the only template you can do a spawn with. It isn't. In fact, there's literally no reason to EVER bring a tamer to a spawn. At least, not unless you want to test things like how much damage a trained pet can do to the bosses. As far as killing spawn quickly, I'll give you one hint: Both of the fastest spawn-killing templates use a necromancy form. I trust you'll be able to figure it out from there.

Also, how is that thumbnail relevant?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, how is that thumbnail relevant?
The Mobs have yet to complain about the taming revamp. Only the PvPers have. So, Trammies get a tamer nerf.

You are still acting like a tamer is the only template you can do a spawn with. It isn't. In fact, there's literally no reason to EVER bring a tamer to a spawn.
All we have heard about the pet revamp is that PvP was ruined by pets. But you, an experienced PvPer and spawner, say the problem was fixed by the nerf to the Phoenix. (your quote above) You need to tell your fellow PvPers that.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All we have heard about the pet revamp is that PvP was ruined by pets. But you, an experienced PvPer and spawner, say the problem was fixed by the nerf to the Phoenix. (your quote above) You need to tell your fellow PvPers that.
Actually, the thread that Paith started was about the phoenix. No other pet.

Oh, would you look at that, I found the thread. You had a predictable response in post #8 (and a few others on the first page), and your tune hasn't changed: Eagle/Phoenix. Question for you: are you done trolling?

There was no other pet that moved as fast as a pre-nerf Phoenix - I saw for myself how fast those damn things were, and that was a wild Phoenix - I had to bring in my second account to tame one. The fastest pet prior to the revamp was a Rune Beetle, and not only were those easy to kill, they were easy to escape from unless you were on foot. You couldn't do that with the phoenix, even if you were mounted. If you got dismounted, which is VERY common in a pvp setting, your chance of living was non-existent...and that's just from the bird.

I'm not going to go through every thread from the past month+, but I can guarantee that NOBODY has posted about White Wyrms, Hiryus, Rune Beetles, Nightmares, Greater Dragons, etc. Because they aren't broken - a pet being hard to kill means it's durable, not overpowered. The only "issue" players would have with other pets is the time it takes to kill them, and only a few pets are viable in a pvp setting, unless you're a gargoyle (or don't go beyond 4-slot so you can use a mount.)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can guarantee that NOBODY has posted about White Wyrms, Hiryus, Rune Beetles, Nightmares, Greater Dragons, etc. Because they aren't broken - a pet being hard to kill means it's durable, not overpowered. The only "issue" players would have with other pets is the time it takes to kill them, and only a few pets are viable in a pvp setting, unless you're a gargoyle (or don't go beyond 4-slot so you can use a mount.)
Not trolling. You bring up excellent points and I and others respect your opinions. Just dragging them out of you. Thanks

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, look at that thread. 10+ people who don't pvp derailed that thread and made it twice as long as it needed to be.

How many pvpers have come into the thread about Consume Damage and derailed it with similar drivel??? Oh yeah....none b/c we don't board warrior over stuff that doesn't effect our gameplay.

We asked that pets didn't move at mounted speed, didn't cast/teleport from off screen, and didn't do 40+ damage....what a hoot!

Remember when you said there was nothing wrong with pets, provided no examples or counter arguments as to why pets weren't overpowered.... and then it turned out you had a bunch of bugged over-capped pets?

Talk about a hoot.

Edit: If you can't do a despise spawn in less than 20min solo....LOL

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, look at that thread. 10+ people who don't pvp derailed that thread and made it twice as long as it needed to be.

How many pvpers have come into the thread about Consume Damage and derailed it with similar drivel??? Oh yeah....none b/c we don't board warrior over stuff that doesn't effect our gameplay.

We asked that pets didn't move at mounted speed, didn't cast/teleport from off screen, and didn't do 40+ damage....what a hoot!

Remember when you said there was nothing wrong with pets, provided no examples or counter arguments as to why pets weren't overpowered.... and then it turned out you had a bunch of bugged over-capped pets?

Talk about a hoot.

I wouldn't do a spawn in Despise... that's asking to get raided... People who WANT to be found and PvP do spawns in Despise... the rest of us go elsewhere.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ding ding ding. "Oh noes, don't nerf my overpowered mastery ability. I won't be able to kill anything with it now." I think I'm one of only two pvp'ers who have been posting about it regularly, and I'm obviously in favor of the "nerf" it's getting. Ever notice how these people rarely come into threads about pvp if they KNOW it doesn't affect them?

Sure, I like god mode as much as the next guy, but it gets boring. When you can kill 99% of bosses with tamer running consume + sampire (for the things a samp can't tank), I think it's just a bit overpowered.

I wouldn't do a spawn in Despise... that's asking to get raided... People who WANT to be found and PvP do spawns in Despise... the rest of us go elsewhere.
A few years ago, I did multiple spawns there. I never saw anyone until the last one - I think I managed to do 5 before a raid happened. Done Harrowers too without any raiders.

It's not a question of "will I get raided", because you won't necessarily have to pvp if you finish the spawn fast enough. Especially in Despise. If, in 2017, you can't do a sub-20 minute Despise for whatever reason, it's on you.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd join in on the argument but since i no longer use my Tamer.....
.....and hate using a Sampire.......I'm a damb Paladin, where else would i be expected to have Necromancy as a Paladin??????
If i had my way, you would have restrictions put on templates in UO.
No Chivalry if you have Necromancy and vice versa.
No Bushido if you have Ninjitsu and vice versa.
No Magery if you have Melee and vice versa.
No Archery if you have Melee or Magery and vice versa ect.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm a damb Paladin, where else would i be expected to have Necromancy as a Paladin??????
If i had my way, you would have restrictions put on templates in UO.
No Chivalry if you have Necromancy and vice versa.
Totally agree, I have always thought that allowing Chivalry and Necromancy in one template is just plain wrong, it makes no logical sense and how could any Paladin justify the use of Necromancy? They should cancel each other out...:confused:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Talk about a hoot.

Exactly. We wouldn't want someone who trains pets 8 hours a day to respond to PvPers who dont use pets. They might learn something. We wouldn't want that. They fixed the speedy pet within a few hours of that thread anyway. Get over it. PvPers won again.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly. We wouldn't want someone who trains pets 8 hours a day to respond to PvPers who dont use pets. They might learn something. We wouldn't want that. They fixed the speedy pet within a few hours of that thread anyway. Get over it. PvPers won again.
yeah, because the Phoenix's speed had a point in pvm. What did you need it for, to chase that nearly-dead paragon that was running away?

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Still not impressed Sampire hasn't taken a hit at all, Just recently pets learning fient/frienzied whirlwind etc are being capped at 40 skill when I have such a simple solution:

Bushido : passively does not give increased parry chance
Bushido Mastery/Parry Masteru : now has + passive parry chance

that way we're not nerfing any pets mkay!

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did we 'win'?

It was never a contest.

We pointed out a problem, provided a clear and concise argument as to why there was an issue, cited past examples and also explained how it was a current issue, and a problem was fixed.

You just complained, tried to take swipes at folks, and provided ZERO arguments/evidence/examples to back up your drivel...

Get over it though, you're being such a hoot ; )

PS: I'd love to learn the skill of doing spawns in OVER 20 minutes. I am really curious how you manage that with a pet you've trained for 8+ hours. I can do spawns in about 15min solo, on a PVP template, without a pet.

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As in

How did we 'win'?

It was never a contest.

We pointed out a problem, provided a clear and concise argument as to why there was an issue, cited past examples and also explained how it was a current issue, and a problem was fixed.

You just complained, tried to take swipes at folks, and provided ZERO arguments/evidence/examples to back up your drivel...

PS: I'd love to learn the skill of doing spawns in OVER 20 minutes. I am really curious how you manage that with a pet you've trained for 8+. I can do spawns in about 15min solo, on a PVP template, without a pet.

15 minutes huh? Simply shows how long its been since you have solod one. That statement simply isn't accurate.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How did we 'win'?

It was never a contest.

PS: I'd love to learn the skill of doing spawns in OVER 20 minutes. I am really curious how you manage that with a pet you've trained for 8+ hours. I can do spawns in about 15min solo, on a PVP template, without a pet.
15 mins huh. What pet do you use? Id like to learn how to do that.

I said I play 8 plus hours a day training pets. Not doing spawns, not skilling the same pet. RIF

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have honestly can get a 4 red skull start champ spawn in 25-30 minutes on a barracoon in despise just going all in on my sampire in a pure solo siuation. I feel like I am going very fast when i do them and really find it hard to get under the 20 minute mark especially since there are bit less mobs now at a champ spawn when they made that change. Anyone claiming 15 minute solo spawns is probably leaving something out because I feel like for me even at 25-30 minutes I knowlingly feel like i am leaving some time on the table but really cannot vision 10-15 minutes faster.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For anyone who hasn't tried it: This thing is Fun, drops are frequent and the bosses only take forever if you're trying to solo them.
I've only spent a little time on it so far, RL has intervened, but I already have 25 arties - and lost 5 when everything crashed. (should have insured them!)
Don't diss it till you're tried it!

I've been doing some thinking about the Nightmare Fairy, I have a theory I'd like to run by you.
Does she really have all those skills on her Lore screen? Or are they potential skills depending on the skills of the people killing her? Is she a changelling 'borrowing' our, and our pets' skills? I noticed when I fought her, when I had her on low health there was a sound of potion drinking. It's a sound I've noticed from my Phoenix since I gave her magery mastery if her health falls really low. I got 'calmed', my tamer has peace, but I don't have spellweaving, and I didn't see the reaper form I noticed she used in one of the screenies here, nor did she use any necro spells.
A little behind on this thread, but I see the Fairy , I am with you on the using our skills like Travesty, can have 110 disco. I wonder if anyone has gone with a discorder. I would hate to have someone's pet go wild down there. I am a bard, but don't use disco. Lot of new tamers coming on board who might not be aware to not command when they are disco'd.

*goes back down to test*

Welp, all the fairy is interested in doing to me is flamestrike, teleport and mind blast. No use of any of my skills against me.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have honestly can get a 4 red skull start champ spawn in 25-30 minutes on a barracoon in despise just going all in on my sampire in a pure solo siuation. I feel like I am going very fast when i do them and really find it hard to get under the 20 minute mark especially since there are bit less mobs now at a champ spawn when they made that change. Anyone claiming 15 minute solo spawns is probably leaving something out because I feel like for me even at 25-30 minutes I knowlingly feel like i am leaving some time on the table but really cannot vision 10-15 minutes faster.
Samps are not the fastest spawning template for Coon. Necro/Mage/Weaver in max SDI is quite a bit faster but a sitting duck if you get raided.