• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 93 Comes to Origin, Izumo & Baja

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone, We are pleased to announce that Publish 93 will be available on Origin, Izumo & Baja after 4pm ET May 19, 2016. You can check out all the changes between our first Test Center release and now here! We had originally stated the in-game store would be available during our Origin, Izumo, and Baja release, however this feature will not be available until Publish 93 is released World Wide. As we approach the World Wide release date of Publish 93 more information will be available about this exciting new feature! You can check out the full Publish 93 […]

Continue reading...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is somewhat concerning that players are not going to be testing (read: trying to break/scam) the in-game store before it goes live on the majority of production shards...

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC:
I declared for the Eodon side, which is kind of strange, since the Barrabs and Myrmidex are also Eodonian, you know.

o We need a healer in both Geoffrey's camp and in the Barrab's equivalent
o Get rid of the "click on chaos banner" in Geoffrey's camp mechanism. Make the Myrmidex pit fight a real quest so that you will know what it is that you are supposed to be doing, i.e. killing Barrabs and Myrmidexes. Put another NPC in the camp to get that started. Have the other NPCs tell you to talk to that one first. This NPC should also point the direction to the pit.
o I know you love Regent Blackthorn, but if we're on the side of Britannia, we're fighting for Order, not Chaos. C'mon guys, after Ultima IV, Geoffrey was firmly on the side of Lord British and Order.
o It took me about three hours to do the pit fight. This is kind of long. Three hours is well into naptime for us senior citizens (you bought Ultima V the day it came out in stores, right? You get a discount at Taco Bell if you ask for it.)
o Check that text for the next quest in the chain, where you're asked to bring back a bunch of stuff. Does it tell you where to get that stuff? (Or do you have to check that NPC an additional time without the stuff, to be told where to get it?) Does it make sense to get those items at those places? How did the people at those places get those items?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is somewhat concerning that players are not going to be testing (read: trying to break/scam) the in-game store before it goes live on the majority of production shards...
Origin has not provided a way to buy any sovereigns so it would be hard to test it

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
More importantly, the store needs to start off slow. There are TONS of items I'd love to see offered, but it should be a gradual process that additional items are released. My guess is that the first round of items will be mainly stuff already available within the Origin store, maybe with a couple of new things related to Time of Legends and the roll out of the store.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
o It took me about three hours to do the pit fight. This is kind of long
Well, it's good they didn't come out with any equip-able artifacts that should be powder-able here.... you know, like the shadowguard drops.......

Oh, what's this I see?

Anon’s Spellbook, Juo’nars Grimoir, Minax’s Sandals, Ozymandia’s Obi, Totem of the Tribe, Echantress’ Cameo, Shanty’s Waders, Hawkwind’s Robe, Anon’s Boots can now be dyed with natural dyes, pigments of tokuno, and cleanup dyes.

Shadowguard drops are now Dye-able but are still not PoF-able? Awesome....

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More importantly, the store needs to start off slow. There are TONS of items I'd love to see offered, but it should be a gradual process that additional items are released. My guess is that the first round of items will be mainly stuff already available within the Origin store, maybe with a couple of new things related to Time of Legends and the roll out of the store.
I can't wait to hear the howling when two days into this, the Origin store runs out of codes to give us our ingame coin, lol. And then takes a week for their old 486 processors to crank out some more.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I would totally test it but it's not working yet.

upload_2016-5-21_20-38-12.png

upload_2016-5-21_20-39-13.png

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would totally test it but it's not working yet.

View attachment 48170

View attachment 48171
I think we all would have. Some faux sovereigns on TC1 would have been a decent test of the delivery system. Could even have put them on Origin for $0.00 so we could test that, then wipe balances when the store went live. Or, alternatively, they could have allowed people to purchase real sovereigns to test with and then carried over original balances when 93 went live...maybe with a slight bonus for those who actually helped test it. (I'm guessing the zombies at Origin have been dragging their feet in preparing for this change...)

There are just way, way to many questions left hanging with only 10 days to go.
Such as:

1) How are balances tracked? By individual account, or spread as a single balance over every account tied to a master account?

2) Will this finally solve the unconscionable lack of expansion/booster pack purchasables for various countries?

3) Have codes been done away with and will existing unused codes sunset at some point?

4) What are the items that will be sold at launch?

I know Mesanna likes to keep things infuriatingly secret, but this is just silly.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think the spawning items needed for the new potions are pretty cool. The Lava Berries spawn in quite a few places and were easy to gather, the river moss not so much...I think if we are going to need 5 of these items for ONE potion, either spawn more or up the spawn rate a bit because I don't think anyone is going to want to spend an hour to gather enough items to make 5 potions :/

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Possible bug: I just fished up 14 SOSs and got a wooden chest recovered from a shipwreck every time. This is unusually - the mix should be close to 50/50 between wooden and metal chests. I was fishing in Trammel on Baja.

Update: It appears to be just the RNG being streaky. Got a metal chest on SOS # 16.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Possible bug: I just fished up 14 SOSs and got a wooden chest recovered from a shipwreck every time. This is unusually - the mix should be close to 50/50 between wooden and metal chests. I was fishing in Trammel on Baja.

Update: It appears to be just the RNG being streaky. Got a metal chest on SOS # 16.
Don't you love it when the RNG messes with your head like that?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i like to think of the RNG as that azz that we all know that teases people just because he is mean.
that loud guy at the party no one wants to be around.
the guy who farts in the elevator.
we all know that guy.
that is the RNG guy.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well we spent 3 hours doing the quest chain for the Myrimidex side....I won't post my comments until tomorrow because it's 2 AM and I'm rather frustrated.

2 things to note...me and one other person had some issues toggling quest items. First the quest to turn in the gems I had to cancel the quest and re-take it before I could toggle the gems.

Second when we went to turn in the 4 items to the Barrab Tinker, I had to cancel the quest and re-take it before I could toggle the items. My friend, however, canceled his quest and was unable to re-take the quest. He tried logging out and that didn't work, he double-clicks on her and nothing happens. He is currently waiting on a GM :/

After spending what seemed like ages finding and killing sea serpents, deep sea serpents, water elementals and krakens, then having to switch to a fisherman to fish up a MIB, THEN having to switch to a treasure hunter to dig up a treasure...

I think the 2 quests are TAD bit unbalanced aside from being a bit glitchy. I will be writing up a guide tomorrow....but I think some things need to be re-thought.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a line between "fun" and "chores."
Mayhaps thou'lt ask thyself, "are the rewards worth the efforts?"

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Are the rewards worth the efforts....

ONE of them is....for me at least...guess which one?

Once I get that moonstone crystal I will NEVER do this again...unless they tweak it. Don't get me wrong, a lot of thought and effort went into this...I think the team did a great job, the new graphics are pretty cool but the two sides are just too lop-sided...Eodon side you do the pits, do a little gambling, kill a bunny and kill the queen..Myrmidex side you have to run all over creation and back and log in and out of 3 different characters to complete it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's a line between "fun" and "chores."
Mayhaps thou'lt ask thyself, "are the rewards worth the efforts?"
This is kinda what I have said about a lot of the stuff lately. 18 years ago we didnt mind having a second job (UO). But now, I have no need for a 2nd job, so I tend to not participate in a lot of things for this very reason.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have to do all the sub quests each time you want to fight the boss at the end?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh good lord, that means I have to do this whole quest chain again on my tamer...sighs

LOL Yes of course I will get it's stats! I need to do this quest again anyway, I missed a few screenshots for my write- up :/

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Don't you love it when the RNG messes with your head like that?
That is why I put it as possible bug. I don't recall anything about SOS's in the publish notes, however, this is UO....

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Finished killing Kotl-what's his name...(sorry it's a long name!)

FUN fight...took us awhile to figure out the best strategy

Here's a sexy picture ;)

upload_2016-5-23_16-59-15.png

There were 5 of us, 4 of us got potion recipe scrolls and one got a title scroll...what a let down after an almost 4 hour quest/boss fight! ;) But it was fun

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finished killing Kotl-what's his name...(sorry it's a long name!)

FUN fight...took us awhile to figure out the best strategy

Here's a sexy picture ;)

View attachment 48210

There were 5 of us, 4 of us got potion recipe scrolls and one got a title scroll...what a let down after an almost 4 hour quest/boss fight! ;) But it was fun
I mean, besides the pots + titles, you only have another recipe and the Moonstone Crystal.

When this goes live I think I will focus solely on the Britannian side for the mounts.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I want the moonstone crystal! ;)

And the um....power coil recipe....I think that would look good with my nexus.

But yeah the mounts are way cool even though they are just re-hued hyirus and the raw moonstone actually looks awesome.

We're gonna do another run on the Eodonian side here in a few I think, gonna try this time on my tamer.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Another bug/glitch....made some new potions and tried to trade them and they kept popping out of the trade window..had to drop them on the ground.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And another...or maybe not....do you have to wait the 2 hours before you re-do either quest?

We did the Myrmidex side earlier and now want to do the Eodonian side again but there is no spawn in the pits at all. I thought maybe it was because no one had declared allegiance on the other side so I ran another character from my other account and did that and there's still no spawn....:(

Edit: Nevermind they just spawned...I think it just takes some time? Or do both sides have to have at least one person before a battle can begin?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I can't wait to hear the howling when two days into this, the Origin store runs out of codes to give us our ingame coin, lol. And then takes a week for their old 486 processors to crank out some more.
If the store sells out that quickly, that would be a good sign about the amount of demand. But no use in speculating until we see it live.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the store sells out that quickly, that would be a good sign about the amount of demand. But no use in speculating until we see it live.
So when they sell their 5 code quota and everybody is left out in the cold then you think this is a good thing.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC:
If you mean "Zipactriotl" he's supposed to look like Warren Spector (a real person). Funny picture there.

I don't know why the Kotl got changed into "Aliens." In The Savage Empire, they're lizardmen -- the original inhabitants of the valley. They had a kind of gate travel technology that let them bring the tribespeople to the valley as labor force... but the humans and neanderthal rebelled against the Kotl and escaped.
They made a prototype robot, but apparently that wasn't to their liking.
Then they created the Myrmidex, and that was a catastrophe, with the Myrmidex pushing the Kotl out of their city.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I had to look up Warren Spector...that's a creepy resemblance! Pretty awesome I had no idea!

Thank you for the history lesson! Interesting that they made the original lizardmen Aliens....well I guess they would be an alien race....

I do love this whole quest chain.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I had to look up Warren Spector...that's a creepy resemblance! Pretty awesome I had no idea!

Thank you for the history lesson! Interesting that they made the original lizardmen Aliens....well I guess they would be an alien race....

I do love this whole quest chain.
Then there's the Conspiracy theory that the world governments are ran by shape shifting alien lizard people, which I find an interesting connection considering Lord British's father was a NASA astronaut......hmmm :eyes:

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC:
The Kotl aren't supposed to be an alien race. They're native to Eodon. They're small dinosaurs, and Eodon is the valley of dinosaurs. Their creation the Myrmidex kicked them out of their city, and their descendants lost their technology and became the Sakkhra.
It's odd that the UO Dev team didn't use the lizardman artwork for the Sakkhra, and instead changed them into another human tribe.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay a few things to re-address before this goes live @Kyronix

1. There are still not enough sea serpents and krakens in the South Brit Sea.....I've gone through this quest about 6 times trying to help my guildies and without nets we would not be able to complete it.
2. The spawn in the Mirmidex Queens chamber is TOO much and TOO fast! Can you slow them down just a tad? And maybe reduce the amount spawned just a TAD? You literally cannot outrun them and we spend more time trying to cure that insane noxious goo and running from spawn then attacking the queen.

Also, the only viable template so far is the mystic mage spellweaver with disco. Pets have no chance as you spend the whole time trying to cure it and running from the spawn that's just impossible. Dexxors are the same. They have to be right on top of her and that poison just is NOT easily cured so again, more time running from spawn and trying to cure....

Archers can kite it but do very little damage.

I honestly cannot think of a solution to this problem....but it needs to be addressed.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Larisa ... did you try to cut up the egg sacs the Myrmidex Queen throws like you can the bones that Dark Father throws?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nooo....I didn't try that......I thought the moonstone Crystal shards down there might do something because when you double-click them they disappear but that doesn't seem to do anything.

I think we are going to go kill the queen again today, I will have to try that! Thanks for the idea Kylie!

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC:

Larisa, in your write-up about Zipactriotl, you say that seven people have to throw switches simultaneously.
Yet above, you say that five people were in the battle.
Please clarify: seven people required? Or can be done with fewer, and how?
=
Also Devs note: I'm on Baja which is supposedly a test shard for this. I think our power couple Robin and Snow figured out how to kill the queen on May 26. I think no one's done the Zipactriotl part here yet. That's not a whole lot of testing.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Sent as feedback)
[email protected] subject=Publish 93 Feedback

OOC:
My feedback about The new Eodon quest:

I declared for the Eodon side, which is kind of strange, since the Barrabs and Myrmidex are also Eodonian, you know.

o Get rid of the "click on chaos banner" in Geoffrey's camp mechanism. Make the Myrmidex pit fight a real quest so that you will know what it is that you are supposed to be doing, i.e. killing Barrabs and Myrmidexes. Put another NPC in the camp to get that started. Have the other NPCs tell you to talk to that one first because "I have nothing for you" is annoying when "Sign up by talking to [name of NPC] would be much more useful and much less fiction-breaking. This NPC should also point the direction to the pit.

o Let me emphasize: Anywhere you have the words "Double Click On" in game, it's a fiction breaker and you have destroyed immersion in the role-playing fantasy world. If Runesabre or Designer Dragon were still with you, they would tell you not to do that.

o On May 27th, no tribespeople spawned for the "Eodon" side in the Myrmidex pits, so it wasn't really the Eodon side at all. It was the Britannian side.

o I know you love Regent Blackthorn, but if we're on the side of Britannia, we're fighting for Order, not Chaos. C'mon guys, after Ultima IV, Geoffrey was firmly on the side of Lord British and Order. So... Order banner please.

o It took me about three hours to do the Myrmidex pit fight solo. This is kind of long. Three hours is well into naptime for us senior citizens (you bought Ultima V the day it came out in stores, right? You get a discount at Taco Bell if you ask for it.)

o I know you like things that take more than one person. But get real, Baja is severely underpopulated these days. Why are you testing something that takes a lot of people on an underpopulated shard?

o It took a large group about 40 minutes to finish the Myrmidex pit from the Britannian side. Oops, I mean Eodon side, except I don't.

o Check that text for the next quest in the chain, where you're asked to bring back a bunch of stuff. Does it tell you where to get that stuff? Not immediately (you have to check that NPC an additional time without the stuff, to be told where to get it). Fix that. Put that into the initial text for the quest.

o Does it make sense to get those items at those places? How did the people at those places get those items?
- The sad gambler. Where did he get the insecticide? How come you can't go to where he got it and get it there? Fix this by explaining, "I was a renowned alchemist and mixed this stuff myself. It's all I have left of my defunct alchemy business which I lost to my gambling habit."
- The Delucian gardener. He doesn't explain why he has Myrmidex pheromone nor where he got it. You could fix that with just a sentence in his quest text, "An explorer friend sent the pheromone bottle, because in Eodon it scareth away the herbivorous dinos and she thought it might scare away herbivorous rabbits too, but it doth not."
There's a HUGE problem with the premise of the rabbit quest: THERE ARE NO RABBITS. You can fix that too with a couple of sentences in the quest text: "Thou seest no rabbits because they are underground now. Thou needest lure one up by using a using a green thorn as bait."
- The population report. That's good as is. No need to change it.

o Professor Rafkin...
- Great, you're sent to kill the Queen.
So... how is it that the queen repeatedly regenerates?
Add this text to the quest. "*Frowns* Under circumstances where the queen dieth, a lower caste member may become queen, as happeneth with certain insects. Killest thou the queen nonetheless."
- For gosh sakes, "larvae" is plural. The singular is "larva." ...and that doesn't work well because ant larvae are legless. Re-use the rotworm artwork? No? Then the word you were looking for was "worker."

o Insecticide & Regicide
- Oh wait, you can't enter unless you're on the quest! It tells you that right at the door. "You must be on the "Insecticide & Regicide" quest to enter. Visit Professor Rafkin in Sir Geoffrey's camp to the East." Yes, that's another fiction breaker. DON'T DO THAT.
Instead, let anyone enter. On the quest? Hey! Great. Not on the quest? You can enter anyway, but should get this text when you do:
"Thou rememberest that thou'lt not get a reward without having been sent by Professor Rafkin."
- HUGE problem again. Rafkin clearly wants you to die, since she sends you in without the pheromone and insecticide. Fix her quest text with
(She dabs a drop of pheromone on your clothes.) "Thank thee for this. The rest will be distributed to the Britannian forces in the pit."

- Why can't you pick up the moonstone crystals here? Does double-clicking on them to make them disappear do anything useful? If it does, then they re-spawn too fast.
- So you killed lots of the lesser Myrmidexes. They respawn too fast too. Seriously, they do. It takes a large group to keep them in check. We couldn't get that done with a mixed group of five, and it's hard to get even five people together on Baja these days, especially for a quest where there're big preparation tasks.
- You have an outer ring of falling rocks that dismount. Yeah, don't do that. Don't dismount. It ticks off every ninja, sampire, and gargoyle in your group. Speaking of which, are mystic, necromancer and spellweaver forms dismounted? Are ninjas singled out for that? If so, why do you have a mechanism that singles out to cripple ninjas? This isn't fun. Why do you have something in your game which decreases the fun?
- You have an inner ring of falling rocks that deals damage and does bleed attack. They deal too much damage. Cut back on that a little.
- The queen throws a group of four "larvae."
- You have noxious goo. It is TOO noxious. It can't be cured by grandmaster healer / grandmaster anatomy. Cut back on that. As it is now, the effective characters are the mystic who plants a rising colossus and leaves, or the spellweaver who plants a reaper and leaves. Allowing curing would allow some other character types to have fun too.
Also note: This is a spoilsport mechanism because it remains in effect after the queen has been killed, making it hard to loot the queen's dead body. That's not fun.

==
I did not do the tinker quest leading up to Zipactriotl. Again, large group needed, this is Baja, and the large group did the Queen instead while I tagged along.
Same complaint about dumb mechanism for keeping people not on the quest out as for the Regicide.

==========================
The Kotl aren't supposed to be an alien race. They're native to Eodon. They're small dinosaurs, and Eodon is the valley of dinosaurs. Their creation the Myrmidex kicked them out of their city, and their descendants lost their technology and became the Sakkhra.
It's odd that the UO Dev team didn't use the lizardman artwork for the Sakkhra, and instead changed them into another human tribe.
You could still fix that.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The way I take it is that there are two switches for each chamber. Total of 14 switches... each pair has to be flipped simultaneously to activate the chamber.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The way I take it is that there are two switches for each chamber. Total of 14 switches... each pair has to be flipped simultaneously to activate the chamber.
Correct. One person on each side hitting the switch at the same time. You don't have to do all seven activators at the same time, just the two switches.

o It took me about three hours to do the Myrmidex pit fight solo. This is kind of long. Three hours is well into naptime for us senior citizens (you bought Ultima V the day it came out in stores, right? You get a discount at Taco Bell if you ask for it.)
It took me about 40 minutes to solo the pit fight on my tamer...easily do-able if you have to solo it...not sure why it took you 3 hours...pay attention to the flags at each juncture....fight the battles there, there are 3 waves of enemies...the first, weak wave and then 2 of the stronger waves before you can advance to the next flag.

- You have an outer ring of falling rocks that dismount. Yeah, don't do that. Don't dismount. It ticks off every ninja, sampire, and gargoyle in your group. Speaking of which, are mystic, necromancer and spellweaver forms dismounted? Are ninjas singled out for that? If so, why do you have a mechanism that singles out to cripple ninjas? This isn't fun. Why do you have something in your game which decreases the fun?
Stuff happens....every class has a disadvantage in one way or another...deal with it and move on..it's not supposed to be easy. I think overall the queen mechanics are good...just a bit of tweaking...less spawn, not TOO much less, and a bit slower...and lower the poison a little on that goo....other then that, leave it as is...I don't want things handed to me, things are SUPPOSED to be hard...just not TOO hard ;)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've read enough to know that this is probably wasted content on me...Y'all are talking waaay to long to finish this for my attention span.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(Sent as feedback)
[email protected] subject=Publish 93 Feedback

OOC:
My feedback about The new Eodon quest:

o Get rid of the "click on chaos banner" in Geoffrey's camp mechanism. Make the Myrmidex pit fight a real quest so that you will know what it is that you are supposed to be doing, i.e. killing Barrabs and Myrmidexes. Put another NPC in the camp to get that started. Have the other NPCs tell you to talk to that one first because "I have nothing for you" is annoying when "Sign up by talking to [name of NPC] would be much more useful and much less fiction-breaking. This NPC should also point the direction to the pit.

o Let me emphasize: Anywhere you have the words "Double Click On" in game, it's a fiction breaker and you have destroyed immersion in the role-playing fantasy world. If Runesabre or Designer Dragon were still with you, they would tell you not to do that.

o On May 27th, no tribespeople spawned for the "Eodon" side in the Myrmidex pits, so it wasn't really the Eodon side at all. It was the Britannian side.

o I know you love Regent Blackthorn, but if we're on the side of Britannia, we're fighting for Order, not Chaos. C'mon guys, after Ultima IV, Geoffrey was firmly on the side of Lord British and Order. So... Order banner please.

o I know you like things that take more than one person. But get real, Baja is severely underpopulated these days. Why are you testing something that takes a lot of people on an underpopulated shard?

o It took a large group about 40 minutes to finish the Myrmidex pit from the Britannian side. Oops, I mean Eodon side, except I don't.

o Check that text for the next quest in the chain, where you're asked to bring back a bunch of stuff. Does it tell you where to get that stuff? Not immediately (you have to check that NPC an additional time without the stuff, to be told where to get it). Fix that. Put that into the initial text for the quest.

o Does it make sense to get those items at those places? How did the people at those places get those items?
- The sad gambler. Where did he get the insecticide? How come you can't go to where he got it and get it there? Fix this by explaining, "I was a renowned alchemist and mixed this stuff myself. It's all I have left of my defunct alchemy business which I lost to my gambling habit."
- The Delucian gardener. He doesn't explain why he has Myrmidex pheromone nor where he got it. You could fix that with just a sentence in his quest text, "An explorer friend sent the pheromone bottle, because in Eodon it scareth away the herbivorous dinos and she thought it might scare away herbivorous rabbits too, but it doth not."
There's a HUGE problem with the premise of the rabbit quest: THERE ARE NO RABBITS. You can fix that too with a couple of sentences in the quest text: "Thou seest no rabbits because they are underground now. Thou needest lure one up by using a using a green thorn as bait."
- The population report. That's good as is. No need to change it.

o Professor Rafkin...
- Great, you're sent to kill the Queen.
So... how is it that the queen repeatedly regenerates?
Add this text to the quest. "*Frowns* Under circumstances where the queen dieth, a lower caste member may become queen, as happeneth with certain insects. Killest thou the queen nonetheless."
- For gosh sakes, "larvae" is plural. The singular is "larva." ...and that doesn't work well because ant larvae are legless. Re-use the rotworm artwork? No? Then the word you were looking for was "worker."

o Insecticide & Regicide
- Oh wait, you can't enter unless you're on the quest! It tells you that right at the door. "You must be on the "Insecticide & Regicide" quest to enter. Visit Professor Rafkin in Sir Geoffrey's camp to the East." Yes, that's another fiction breaker. DON'T DO THAT.
Instead, let anyone enter. On the quest? Hey! Great. Not on the quest? You can enter anyway, but should get this text when you do:
"Thou rememberest that thou'lt not get a reward without having been sent by Professor Rafkin."
- HUGE problem again. Rafkin clearly wants you to die, since she sends you in without the pheromone and insecticide. Fix her quest text with
(She dabs a drop of pheromone on your clothes.) "Thank thee for this. The rest will be distributed to the Britannian forces in the pit."

- Why can't you pick up the moonstone crystals here? Does double-clicking on them to make them disappear do anything useful? If it does, then they re-spawn too fast.
- So you killed lots of the lesser Myrmidexes. They respawn too fast too. Seriously, they do. It takes a large group to keep them in check. We couldn't get that done with a mixed group of five, and it's hard to get even five people together on Baja these days, especially for a quest where there're big preparation tasks.
- You have an inner ring of falling rocks that deals damage and does bleed attack. They deal too much damage. Cut back on that a little.
- The queen throws a group of four "larvae."
- You have noxious goo. It is TOO noxious. It can't be cured by grandmaster healer / grandmaster anatomy. Cut back on that. As it is now, the effective characters are the mystic who plants a rising colossus and leaves, or the spellweaver who plants a reaper and leaves. Allowing curing would allow some other character types to have fun too.
Also note: This is a spoilsport mechanism because it remains in effect after the queen has been killed, making it hard to loot the queen's dead body. That's not fun.

==
I did not do the tinker quest leading up to Zipactriotl. Again, large group needed, this is Baja, and the large group did the Queen instead while I tagged along.
Same complaint about dumb mechanism for keeping people not on the quest out as for the Regicide.

==========================
You could still fix that.

Sign this guy up, and pay him...

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Could someone quote reply to me with two answers...

When does this go to the other shards?

&

Which side (if either) is considered good/evil - from an RP perspective not karma?

Thanks.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could someone quote reply to me with two answers...

When does this go to the other shards?

&

Which side (if either) is considered good/evil - from an RP perspective not karma?

Thanks.
They haven't said when it goes live to my knowledge

and wouldn't that be the perspective of the person RP'ing? I mean, you would have to decide for yourself which side is good or evil, just my 0.02 there.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
They haven't said when it goes live to my knowledge

and wouldn't that be the perspective of the person RP'ing? I mean, you would have to decide for yourself which side is good or evil, just my 0.02 there.
I was thinking of it in terms of bane loyalty being on the side of evil. Idk, was just thinking of trying to split which characters to do different sides with.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Today (5/26/2016) at approximately 5 pm EDT we will taking down the Promotional Code Redemption Warehouse in preparation of setting up the Ultima Online In-Game store. The warehouse will be down until May 31st when we publish Pub 93 to all shards.

It's been posted multiple times, so hold on to your butts! Tomorrow is the day they flip the switch. Hope ya'll are ready!

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sit down and place your head between your knees and get ready to kiss your *ss goodbye!