• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 93 Available World Wide

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, We are pleased to announce that Publish 93 will be available world wide this afternoon on all shards at approximately 2 pm EDT May 31, 2016 . We will be taking down all shards between 11:30 and 12 PM EDT, please watch for a broadcast in game for shutdown. Be sure to check out the full patch notes. The new in-game “Ultima Store” will be available after all shards have been published. You can read all about the new Ultima Store here. We want to thank everyone who provided feedback and helped test Publish 93. One month game […]

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The "here" link is broken.

There are no updated patch notes.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems to me the missing "Here" is what most of us are interested in :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Damn, this was what I feared:
"Your sovereign balance is stored in your master account wallet."
"Any individual Ultima Online subscription account that is linked to the master account wallet will have access to any sovereigns purchased. We are not responsible for sovereigns spent by any accounts that are linked to your master account wallet!"
I find this very bad, some let kids play an account. I have a friend, who sometimes play one of my house holder accounts. I would link them directe to one of my accounts or at least block the attack to them from some of my accounts."

And this:
"While interacting with the Ultima Store your character is in “no-play” mode. While in “no-play” mode you will not be able to interact with anything in-game but the Ultima Store."

Where are you 100% safe on Siege, sure not in towns. Do it mean you will be not attackable? Can it be abused?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Broadsword: Check out the new ingame store using sovereigns you buy from the Origin store
EA: We never heard of a sovereign, they might be available soon...

PERFECT!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did you all notice a smugglers edge in their screenshots of the new store? YAY!!!!!!

And we can dye Eodon arties now, double yay!!!!!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Guardzone (unless Red/in vvv), inn, or in your house.
Not all houses are safe and a weak blue char can easy get killed in town, sure the killer may die too.
Some do only have one account, and that could be a VvV or a red, only one char on Siege remember.
I like to see the in game store but I do have some issues with it.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
"Your sovereign balance is stored in your master account wallet."
"Any individual Ultima Online subscription account that is linked to the master account wallet will have access to any sovereigns purchased. We are not responsible for sovereigns spent by any accounts that are linked to your master account wallet!"
I find this very bad, some let kids play an account. I have a friend, who sometimes play one of my house holder accounts. I would link them directe to one of my accounts or at least block the attack to them from some of my accounts."

And this:
"While interacting with the Ultima Store your character is in “no-play” mode. While in “no-play” mode you will not be able to interact with anything in-game but the Ultima Store."

Where are you 100% safe on Siege, sure not in towns. Do it mean you will be not attackable? Can it be abused?
Fair questions. As Siege and Mugen have different rule sets, perhaps the store is unavailable to them? We'll know soon.
Cheers

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where exactly in the origin store are they hiding the sovereigns?

Freja if possible use a second master account that only has 1 account attached to it to buy sovereigns and make the ingame purchases. If there are account bound items that won't work, but seems to most secure way to handle the Sovereigns and keep unwanted hands off of them even if those hands belong to friends or family :) That is the one good thing I can say about the master account migration, my accounts got spread across 6 master accounts. And of course all of my active accounts can't be on the same master account lol.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Easier would be for the one with access to the master account to set what accounts linked, that can use the sovereigns. Most kids won't have access to the account page, only to login the account in game.

So I set my main accounts to "can use sovereigns", and my house owner accounts to "Can not use sovereigns". Can't be that hard to make.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
(twitches do to all the servers being down)

Man I sure picked the wrong day to get sick and call in to work didn't I? lol. Weren't they suppose to be back up a hour ago? or am I reading it wrong?

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Sovereigns are availble in Sweden 5000 for 499 skr. Thats about $60 for the 5000 pack.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I clicked the link and it showed us dollars. They are $9.99 for 1,000. It shows four options - 500 for $4.99 / 1,000 for $9.99 / 2,000 for $19.99 and 5.000 for $49.99.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Auch at the screen shot, Forged Metal tools (10 charges) cost 1000 Sovereigns, 1000 Sovereigns he 79 dkr, but the price for tools on Origin is 59 dkr, so more expensive in Sovereigns :(
5000 Sovereigns = 399 dkr, that's 79.80 for 1000, so no discount for buying 5000 instead of 1000 at the time.

upload_2016-5-31_19-29-58.png

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just bought some and I got the "error" message when I tried to add them to my account. HMM! Perhaps "things" just need to update. *crosses fingers*

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Typical cheaper in dollars. Works out £6.89 for 1000 a saving of £1.10. Why do Americans get them cheaper than the rest of us?
Could have to do with VAT / 25% moms in Denmark, other EU countries do have VAT too

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If things are cheaper in the US store, can't you just purchase them from the US store? Pardon my ignorance.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If things are cheaper in the US store, can't you just purchase them from the US store? Pardon my ignorance.
you have to do some very basic IP routing. If you are in Europe the website recognizes that and automatically sends you to Europes site.

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My address on my account is England but as in Spain it defaults to a store in Euros for me. Saves a few pennies but not as much as it would if charged in dollars.

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
you have to do some very basic IP routing. If you are in Europe the website recognizes that and automatically sends you to Europes site.
Would they know if a VPN or DNS is used to make it seem as if you are in the US? My guess is yes they would.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And this:

Really not trying to be mean, but just pointing this out, you have a really nasty habit of filling threads up with questions and comments that can easily be answered/addressed through a little bit of in-game testing.

However, for some reason, you always post before doing the testing.

For mine and others' sakes, please reconsider how you post. Thanks.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And UO reverts back to 1998... does that mean we get lord british back?
PANCAKE NO!

He and Long were just dreadful at the 17th Anniversary. Couldn't stay in character and couldn't resist a shameful SoTA plug.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Really not trying to be mean, but just pointing this out, you have a really nasty habit of filling threads up with questions and comments that can easily be answered/addressed through a little bit of in-game testing.

However, for some reason, you always post before doing the testing.

For mine and others' sakes, please reconsider how you post. Thanks.
Maybe it is better to post questions before it is to late and someone get hurt. Yes I could har been more polite, I'm sorry about that.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would i trust an encrypted vpn? I should hope so, more than my own isp anyway. Not that it would require trust, TLS has its own tunnel of encryption. I'll make a wild assumption that the origin payment site uses a secure cert.

Last edited: