• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 92 Part 2 Comes to TC1

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What special doesn't cost mana? what are you talking about?

So you think if you were to outnumber someone it would be fair for a group of people to use the para special and no one would stand a chance? That sounds stupid, and very unbalanced for anyone who doesn't want to play with large numbers on their side.
hes saying if the para special cost say, 200 mana, it wouldnt be able to be spammed and wouldnt need a timer, favoring adjusted mana cost vrs articifial timers. 200 is just an example btw to make it obvious that it couldnt be spammed.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
When will the shovels be able to dig up granite only? Ive checked the last couple days and nothing.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is his characters name Core Enemy? I don't get it?
It was a bit of code that slipped through I think.

Core probably means the core coding command which is the "you see:" part and then "enemy" is probably the npc's name.

So the core enemy in the screenshot might be the coding for "you see an orc" etc. that somehow got messed up.

I know absolutely nothing about coding, so that's all just guesswork though.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The only way I can get the tiger cub back to the village is if I luck out and nothing spawns. If trappers spawn, it's dead. I can't heal, vet, or invis it, and can't kill the trappers fast enough to save it.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was a bit of code that slipped through I think.

Core probably means the core coding command which is the "you see:" part and then "enemy" is probably the npc's name.

So the core enemy in the screenshot might be the coding for "you see an orc" etc. that somehow got messed up.

I know absolutely nothing about coding, so that's all just guesswork though.
Im pretty sure its a program....

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe we should get back to Testing =X
Testing? Testing? We talking about testing?

The only way I can get the tiger cub back to the village is if I luck out and nothing spawns. If trappers spawn, it's dead. I can't heal, vet, or invis it, and can't kill the trappers fast enough to save it.
Supposed to be a bug or something. Will see how it works with the next add-on to TC1, but being able to heal them will definitely make it much easier. I managed to finish it by getting cages close to the bridge - I'm all for quests that require a group effort or have some difficulty, but there is such a thing as stupidly difficult.

Im pretty sure its a program....
Correct. UO*****.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hes saying if the para special cost say, 200 mana, it wouldnt be able to be spammed and wouldnt need a timer, favoring adjusted mana cost vrs articifial timers. 200 is just an example btw to make it obvious that it couldnt be spammed.
So you think it would be fair to have specials that had no timer what so ever. Para blow use to be like that and it was pretty absurd.

It use to be when you were mortal'd if you removed it with an apple etc, you couldn't be re-mortal'd for 3 seconds, if someone kept trying to mortal it kept carrying out the timer of you not being able to under that debuff until you waited the couple seconds. Why is that a problem now if it wasn't for years back then? You're saying how it was when it was balanced years ago is asking too much?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The wait for this patch is figuratively killing me.

I just can't deal with the issues my warrior has at the moment and this publish looks to fix those.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The tiger cubs could use a bump in HP and the trappers a slight decrease. I'd suggest a whirlwind weapon when fighting the trappers around the cub since you can't seem to hurt the cub directly yourself (not sure about splash damage though). The whole area needs less adult tigers though.

Lavarocks do need some sort of representation in your pack, or on the quest gump. The system message you get when they spawn scrolls away awfully fast with how spammy that activity is. There is a way to up the spawn rate on the rocks, but you'll need some help to pull it off...

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you think it would be fair to have specials that had no timer what so ever. Para blow use to be like that and it was pretty absurd.

It use to be when you were mortal'd if you removed it with an apple etc, you couldn't be re-mortal'd for 3 seconds, if someone kept trying to mortal it kept carrying out the timer of you not being able to under that debuff until you waited the couple seconds. Why is that a problem now if it wasn't for years back then? You're saying how it was when it was balanced years ago is asking too much?
try to spam mortal if it costs 200 mana and see how effective it is overall. Yes, i think its very reasonable to not have timers but make the changes with mana cost.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Completed the last of the quests today.(Tiger cubs-Dragon turtles egg)
Mass sleep spell is definitely your friend :) Lost 1 tiger cub and maybe two turtles as I learned what was what!

*Tiger cub statuette was my reward* so cute
Untitled.jpg

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try to spam mortal if it costs 200 mana and see how effective it is overall. Yes, i think its very reasonable to not have timers but make the changes with mana cost.

You ignored the valid point I brought up how para use to be spammable as a special and now it no longer is. Why would mortal be any different?

As stated before it should be like it use where once removed there is a window before it can be re applied. It was like that for years before it was changed to how it currently is.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2508 int?
No mana though?
And I doubt a tiger casts spells anyways...

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix @Bleak

Any word on if mortal will be adjusted to how it use to be? when you apple/remove mortal there use to be a few second window that one had to wait before re applying a mortal

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix @Bleak

Any word on if mortal will be adjusted to how it use to be? when you apple/remove mortal there use to be a few second window that one had to wait before re applying a mortal
More importantly when can we expect the publish to go world wide?

Everytime you try to pvp there's a couple tools with holy fist just spamming it.

It sucks and im bored of it already.

I already closed two accounts recently, should I just let the final two go?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More importantly when can we expect the publish to go world wide?

Everytime you try to pvp there's a couple tools with holy fist just spamming it.

It sucks and im bored of it already.

I already closed two accounts recently, should I just let the final two go?
Agreed. Surely they could push out a mini fix to deal with holy fist and curse bug then the rest of it after.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been trying the quest, lucked out with the ape, ran into two other people and we did it together. No progress on the T-Rex though, can't find him! I've scouted the whole area twice with no luck. I can only assume there's a delay before it re-spawns, but I didn't find a corpse either. :(

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Minor bug report for the "A Valley of One" quest: in the Enhanced Client, the text of the initial quest conversation between Blackthorn and Hawkwind doesn't fit in the quest log window; the last sentence is truncated at: "Blackthorn: *King Blackthorn lets slip a grin of hope* Well". The quest works fine though.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Minor bug report for the "A Valley of One" quest: in the Enhanced Client, the text of the initial quest conversation between Blackthorn and Hawkwind doesn't fit in the quest log window; the last sentence is truncated at: "Blackthorn: *King Blackthorn lets slip a grin of hope* Well". The quest works fine though.
This will be fixed in the next client build.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been trying the quest, lucked out with the ape, ran into two other people and we did it together. No progress on the T-Rex though, can't find him! I've scouted the whole area twice with no luck. I can only assume there's a delay before it re-spawns, but I didn't find a corpse either. :(
Same thing happened to me today, I kept spamming in general chat on TC to ask if some one was fighting it and finally someone answered. It was clear down by the Urali city near the Turtle spawn, how in the world are we supposed to find this thing if you can pull him that far away from his home. He needs to have a limit so all players have a chance to find him. @Kyronix please look at this and fix him from being unfindable.

Also, this thing is just a horrible grind, after I found him I helped kill him, he was at 8% life and I did 8k damage to him but didn't get looting rights nor did he work for my quest.

He respawned and me and 2 to 4 mystics beat on him for probably close to an hour, at 36% life he summoned a smaller dino and I guess T-Rex killed him and his life went back up to 56%. I used 1900 arrows and it took nearly an hour of constant beating to kill him, I hit him for 77,570 hitpoints, this is a bit much doncha think?

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
quest complete! I bumped into a mage and T rex at the bridge into the village. I had my archer. The mage cast fields to keep him on the bridge and we took him out quite nicely, armor ignore helped. My luck, as usual, was awful. Of all the prizes you can get the one that is least interesting to me is the deed to a title - so that's what I got. Titles don't interest me in the slightest, better luck on live shards I hope.

I did 3 parts with my bard, 2 parts with my archer, the bard marked all 5 items to hand in for the quest. Good to know the quest items are transferable, not much chance I could have rescued the cubs with my archer, and my bard couldn't have even scratched the ape and T rex.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@whiterabbit Actually no items drop in your bag, you just get the message that you got 1 of the 5, 2 of the 5....

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so this game is now a free for all, you're okay to constantly abuse riding swipe bug, curse bug,

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was wondering about the sewing machine bug. I thought I had read that it was going to be fixed with this publish. I read the notes and didn't see it on the list. Did I miss it or did it get pushed back?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder why sewing machines weren't tested internally before release? There's no trick to replicate the problem, just try to sew something LOL

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder why sewing machines weren't tested internally before release? There's no trick to replicate the problem, just try to sew something LOL
They put out untested stuff since years. Like the one publish when you could nolonger click at things in the EC. One can only guess how throughly QA (Misk?) tests things. I personally assume besides initial development they only test things after bug reports roll in :p

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I actually had no problem with the machine until recently when I switched tailoring to another character and re-deeded the machine when I rearranged a few things in the sewing room.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@whiterabbit Actually no items drop in your bag, you just get the message that you got 1 of the 5, 2 of the 5....
Yes, this needs fixed too @Kyronix, we need to be able to know where we stand in the quest from the quest journal, not only rolling on the journal, I missed it at times seeing it roll by.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Off topic, but on the idea of stuff rolling by on the journal and being missed...

My archer would love to be able to be a citizen of Skara again, if only there were some way he could toggle off that annoying as hell "your deeds are worthy" spam . Sucks to be spawning and not see what people are saying cause its gone so fast.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not been able to test yet. Can anyone answer if they have tested curse? If you curse a target and then re-curse them before the timer is up....what happens? Does the timer reset or does the spell fizzle? I hope they fix this while fixing the curse bug.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not been able to test yet. Can anyone answer if they have tested curse? If you curse a target and then re-curse them before the timer is up....what happens? Does the timer reset or does the spell fizzle? I hope they fix this while fixing the curse bug.
Just looked at it. Right now, the timer resets if you re-cast it (which it shouldn't do if the target is already cursed), but all of the debuff spells are bugged on TC1 right now. Curse WORKS (while Clumsy/Weaken/Feeblemind don't...but Clumsy wouldn't have anyway, I copied a 10 dex tamer), but it lasts for 30 seconds (against 120 resist) instead of the normal duration. It doesn't have the stat drop penalty either. That will need to be fixed, @Kyronix.

edit: Ok, WTF. I decided to try setting my resist to 0. Curse still lasts for only 30 seconds, but it actually dropped my stats by 8% (which is the stat loss against 120 resist); I went over to LS and cursed the same char for an 18% stat penalty.

edit #2: I'm a dumbass. I forgot my TC char had no eval, which is why everything was off earlier. But you can still reapply curse before the timer is up.

Last edited:

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. Re-applying curse before the timer is up is how curse is supposed to work. This has been broken for years.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We will be addressing Mortal at a later publish. Changes to Mortal are not in the scope of publish 92 and needs more discussion from the community.
funny, you changed something that drastically effects the way mortal strike interacts with in pvp... then you say its not in the scope of pub 92... sounds like it should most definitely be in the scope of this publish...

How about for once there is a release where everything has been discussed and is clearly going to work, instead of releasing something half ass and waiting for everyone to get all pissy with you before you are forced to change it...

DERP.