• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 92 Bug fixes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone, We are publishing the following during normal maintenance cycles starting tonight with the European shards. Remember character transfer will be out of sync till all servers are published. Resolved an issue where pet owners would lose pets after completing the Shadowguard encounter if they log out of the game. All Trappers associated with the Tiger Cub rescue quest now have a limited life span. Gargoyle pick axes can now be used to complete the volcano quest. Players can now resign from the Great Ape Quest Players can now interact with a locked down lava rock display. Volcano elementals […]

Continue reading...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A patch announced on a Sunday night for Monday morning? I'm shocked! :thumbup1:

These seem like decent changes as well... Only thing I'd ask for is for the trappers that spawn after the cub is freed be toned down a bit and/or the cub's HP beefed up some...and that their number is capped at two for the entire walk. @Kyronix

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A patch announced on a Sunday night for Monday morning? I'm shocked! :thumbup1:

These seem like decent changes as well... Only thing I'd ask for is for the trappers that spawn after the cub is freed be toned down a bit and/or the cub's HP beefed up some...and that their number is capped at two for the entire walk. @Kyronix
Also if you are going to take out the stuff that is dropping in the lava area then please up the number of gems that spawn on them. 1 per is lame.....

same with the ML reagents spawning on the Great Ape..... 1 is extremely LAME.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would love to see some rhythm or reason added to the digging in the lava area. Straight RNG digging is lame. 500+ digging attempts without getting a rock blows right past ridiculous.

A couple ideas:
Let mining skill GREATLY increase the odds of finding a rock.
Let detect hidden reveal tiles where the rocks can be found.

Something besides just blind RNG... After 18 years I think we can all agree that RNG does not treat everyone equal!

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone, We are publishing the following during normal maintenance cycles starting tonight with the European shards. Remember character transfer will be out of sync till all servers are published. Resolved an issue where pet owners would lose pets after completing the Shadowguard encounter if they log out of the game. All Trappers associated with the Tiger Cub rescue quest now have a limited life span. Gargoyle pick axes can now be used to complete the volcano quest. Players can now resign from the Great Ape Quest Players can now interact with a locked down lava rock display. Volcano elementals […]

Continue reading...
Wow. Logged in this morning to go hit up the volcano ele's and see about getting the Token of Holy Favor. That's a no-go. Glad I picked up the Jade War Axe and Sword of Shattered Hope yesterday.

I killed somewhere between 70 - 100 ele's to get those two artifacts (0 luck). If it was the same drop rate as in the Abyss....sheesh that is a lot of Crimson Veins spawns.

Oh, @Merus, if you're using 500 charges to get 5 lava rocks, mine closer to the center of the pit. It goes a lot faster. Agreed though that mining should play a role in....well mining.

Lockpicking helping with the tiger cages is a nice way to bring in a non-combat skill. Be nice to see an alternative to combat method for another system as well. A hiding, running, determined miner just might be fun to play in a caldera.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow. Logged in this morning to go hit up the volcano ele's and see about getting the Token of Holy Favor. That's a no-go. Glad I picked up the Jade War Axe and Sword of Shattered Hope yesterday.

I killed somewhere between 70 - 100 ele's to get those two artifacts (0 luck). If it was the same drop rate as in the Abyss....sheesh that is a lot of Crimson Veins spawns.

Oh, @Merus, if you're using 500 charges to get 5 lava rocks, mine closer to the center of the pit. It goes a lot faster. Agreed though that mining should play a role in....well mining.

Lockpicking helping with the tiger cages is a nice way to bring in a non-combat skill. Be nice to see an alternative to combat method for another system as well. A hiding, running, determined miner just might be fun to play in a caldera.
I have tried mining all over. Best I can tell, location has little to do with it. I have mined 3 rocks along the edge with a single 50 use shovel and got skunked in hundreds of digs around the center.

All in all, it seems to be just RNG to me. I hate straight RNG encounters... Like throwing bottles in the shadowguard bar, it's just bad design if you ask me. I'm fine leaving the straight RNG as an option, but think all encounters should have some alternative that utilitizes skill to improve the odds.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried mining all over. Best I can tell, location has little to do with it. I have mined 3 rocks along the edge with a single 50 use shovel and got skunked in hundreds of digs around the center.

All in all, it seems to be just RNG to me. I hate straight RNG encounters... Like throwing bottles in the shadowguard bar, it's just bad design if you ask me. I'm fine leaving the straight RNG as an option, but think all encounters should have some alternative that utilitizes skill to improve the odds.
I'm running the lava quest a couple more times, but I'm keeping track of my data and will post what I have eventually (whenever I get around to it). So far, digging towards the center has made a huge difference for me. It may not seem like much at first, but on average it's a big deal. At least, it appears that way so far.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Continue reading...
Is this patch live on Pacific yet? The way it reads, it should have been live on Pacific following morning maintenance on the 14th. (Or am I off by a day and it should be live after morning maintenance on the 15th?)

If it is live already, part of it didn't work as intented, because I just pulled a Token of Holy Favor off a Volcano Elemental about 20 min ago. (Post morning maintenance on the 14th.)

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ive have got 4 jade war axes and 2 holy favors, friend got the glass sword but I forgot name. worthless to me now a days but good for points. if they make the quests fast and easy, would be farm and worthless in no time. I think dev did good job. was wondering if anyone has been killing other people turtles or cubs. thought might happen on high populated shards. it does take awhile to get lava rocks sometimes but its fine,

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive have got 4 jade war axes and 2 holy favors, friend got the glass sword but I forgot name. worthless to me now a days but good for points. if they make the quests fast and easy, would be farm and worthless in no time. I think dev did good job. was wondering if anyone has been killing other people turtles or cubs. thought might happen on high populated shards. it does take awhile to get lava rocks sometimes but its fine,
These artifacts are pretty worthless for anything but turn in points for most anyone these days. I'm fine that they took them out, but don't really think people having a chance at a little something extra for turn in points was breaking UO.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, that would make no sense. Human mobs are never repond slayer because repond = humanOID
That is demonstrably untrue. It's true that most human mobs aren't vulnerable to repond, but a few are: evil mages, savages and the Bane Chosen are/were repond, and they are human.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is demonstrably untrue. It's true that most human mobs aren't vulnerable to repond, but a few are: evil mages, savages and the Bane Chosen are/were repond, and they are human.
Players also used to be subject to Repond Slayer.

Lady Kittie

Meer Ambassador
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So yesterday I was doing the Eodon quest and on my 4th tiger cub to rescue, I had a non-stop spawn of trappers. I literally lost count after 32. 2 people were kind enough on Great Lakes to come help me out, but even they had to mention that there were just too many of them, continuously popping up on my cub.

To add salt to the wound, when I died and came back, I tried to cast "Protection" and ended up with my client crashing. Now this has been happening for 2 days now, every time I cast "Protection" my client crashes. I am using the EC.

Not sure if anyone else is having the issues, but this I know is really hurting me from wanting to do the quest more, since I'm afraid I won't be able to continue to do it on my own and/or I'll keep crashing.

Thank you kindly @Kyronix for reading at the very least! :)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had a non-stop spawn of trappers. I literally lost count after 32.
That's ridiculous, I don't even kill the trappers when they spawn on cubs, I just invis the cub and lure the cub & the trappers to the destination, the tribal guys will kill the trappers eventually, they also have a "lifespan" so if they're not killed, they will despawn.

I never had an issue with crashing from casting any spells, but then again I rarely play EC.
I'd be surprised if a lot of people are crashing from casting protection... most pvm-mage I know use it all the time.

I'd imagine there would be more people posting about it. anyway, good luck.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So yesterday I was doing the Eodon quest and on my 4th tiger cub to rescue, I had a non-stop spawn of trappers. I literally lost count after 32. 2 people were kind enough on Great Lakes to come help me out, but even they had to mention that there were just too many of them, continuously popping up on my cub.

To add salt to the wound, when I died and came back, I tried to cast "Protection" and ended up with my client crashing. Now this has been happening for 2 days now, every time I cast "Protection" my client crashes. I am using the EC.

Not sure if anyone else is having the issues, but this I know is really hurting me from wanting to do the quest more, since I'm afraid I won't be able to continue to do it on my own and/or I'll keep crashing.

Thank you kindly @Kyronix for reading at the very least! :)
If I were to guess, maybe a corrupted sound file regarding the crashes. I would reboot the PC and do a full file check update. See if that resolved the crashing issue?

Lady Kittie

Meer Ambassador
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I were to guess, maybe a corrupted sound file regarding the crashes. I would reboot the PC and do a full file check update. See if that resolved the crashing issue?
Tried that, unfortunately same issue and only in Eodon it seems. Not quite sure what's going on there, but frustrating when you get rezzed and cast only to come back dead again :(. Thank you though!! :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Passive lava elemental spawn in the caldera needs turned down. Between killing the 5+ that spawn each wave, and the lava waves coming every 30 secs to 1 min, you spend way more time fighting trash mobs and running away than you do digging. With the poor RNG-y spawn of the rocks (even near the center), this is weighted too far on the grindy side.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Passive lava elemental spawn in the caldera needs turned down. Between killing the 5+ that spawn each wave, and the lava waves coming every 30 secs to 1 min, you spend way more time fighting trash mobs and running away than you do digging. With the poor RNG-y spawn of the rocks (even near the center), this is weighted too far on the grindy side.
Or let the volcano elementals drop lava rocks too. Fighters can fight, diggers can dig... lovers can love...:heart: