• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 92 Available World Wide

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
To simple a solution for many folks. *shrugs*
I am fully aware of this option. The only purpose of this recommendation is to not have to rely on altering system settings to make the game more playable. Come to thing of it, it would be nice to not have to rely on somewhat crude third party apps like UOA to make the game more playable. But I'll acknowledge this is all probably a pipe dream and players would probably prefer other updates like fixing many of the wicked bugs, balance issues etc.. Ah well.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco Are you uploading again?

I keep getting:
Checking internet connection... Done.
Downloading version file... Done. FAILED!
Unable to check for new versions, try again later...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really don't understand why people want these artifacts to be POF able, it will last you forever as it is.
I want them PoF-able because some of the other arties are already PoF-able, and the talismans are something better for pvm than pvp (imo).

Also, same with "Clean" jewelry, the whole reason to use antiques are because of two things 1) they're easier to get as Antique. 2) they're generally very high in property count & intensity.

Clean Jewelry still is NOT Pof-able, and with the rarity of these items they Should last forever if you don't let it break purposefully...

Speaking of which, didn't you make a thread a while ago talking about how inconsistent things have become in UO? Well, these are inconsistencies. That's why it should be fixed, better yet, it never should have been broken in the first place.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of which, didn't you make a thread a while ago talking about how inconsistent things have become in UO? Well, these are inconsistencies. That's why it should be fixed, better yet, it never should have been broken in the first place.
They may be intentionally inconsistent, ever consider that? The devs may have just done things their way instead of your way, which means they weren't broken in the first place.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Kyronix

I received the Tiger Cub Statuette as a reward on Napa Valley. As reported prior to going live, the same problem still occurs!
The statuette is not able to go into my bank box nor into a container in my house. I am able to drop it onto the floor and lock it down though.
Tiger Cub does not go onto a vendor either, tiger pops back into your backpack!
*guess the little kitty does not like to be caged/boxed up*

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really don't understand why people want these artifacts to be POF able, it will last you forever as it is.
Last forever? I've been spawning with one and its down under 0/170. Who wants to be forced to redo shadowguard 100 times to get a Talisman again when it breaks? I rather just use the Conjurers trinket/Turn in trinkets that are indestructible. Farm a full set of Slayer Talismans and let me know how long it took you. Ive done 100+ Shadowguards and never got a set of my own

Tigger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Another bug to report, picking up 16th annv. horse out bag into pack to move.
Horse then get stuck in pack and will not go down into a bag/box.
Had to overweight bug my char to get it to drop out my pack.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They don't spawn with "brittle" so they should be powerable right?

I would say about 90% of all other artifacts (not replicas) can be powered so why not these new ones? There are a few from the past such as boots of escaping, ring of the soulbinder etc. which again cannot be powered.

The same goes for jewels. "clean" armour can be powered but not jewels. Whats that all about?

Its very inconsistent.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want them PoF-able because some of the other arties are already PoF-able, and the talismans are something better for pvm than pvp (imo).

Also, same with "Clean" jewelry, the whole reason to use antiques are because of two things 1) they're easier to get as Antique. 2) they're generally very high in property count & intensity.

Clean Jewelry still is NOT Pof-able, and with the rarity of these items they Should last forever if you don't let it break purposefully...

This ^^

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All artifacts still spawning (past, present and future ones) should be made dur/non-PoFable to keep the market for them alive.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They may be intentionally inconsistent, ever consider that? The devs may have just done things their way instead of your way, which means they weren't broken in the first place.
No I didn't consider that, because that would just be plain stupid and I'll explain why in a moment... I'll give the devs the benefit of the doubt and say this wasn't intentional, but I've been surprised before, so as soon as a dev comments.... We'll know.

This is one of many reasons people get fed up with the game... You create items with properties that prevent Powder (PoF) application ie: Brittle, Imbued, Antique (after 3 PoFs), & Replica. If the items are not PoF-able they should have the tag to specify on them, if not then fix it.

Have you ever seen people post about buying a $10.00 forged metal of artifacts only to enhance an item that had 125 str requirement to reduce it so they could use such an item? Fortunately for me I just tried to enhance garbage items to test it, I'm sure some people wasted charges to enhance things I've seen a few posts about it, it's sad that hasn't been fixed yet.

This has been posted about a year and a half ago (very shortly after that "Negative" came out, mind you) as a bug report, guess what?... It's still not fixed.
Also there was no reply saying it's "Intended" either. Here.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Kyronix The dragon turtle hatchlings aren't able to be healed via vet or magic :(
There was nothing written in the patch notes that I could see, about the dragon turtles being able to be healed.
On Origin before going live, only the tiger cubs could be healed

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was nothing written in the patch notes that I could see, about the dragon turtles being able to be healed.
On Origin before going live, only the tiger cubs could be healed
Right, which is good for the cub quest...but bad for the turtle quest. I've seen quite a few people lose their hatchlings due to spawn :(

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm curious... which part of the volcano encounter was supposed to be fun?
Heh. Yeah.. Its not what I'd call fun either. The elementals need toned down a tad and their spawn rate halved.

Even at the center of the caldera the spawn rate of the rocks is unacceptably low.

@Kyronix

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People find the Volcano hard?...Ive done the quest a few times now and had no issues getting my 5 rocks in a short amount of time

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People find the Volcano hard?...Ive done the quest a few times now and had no issues getting my 5 rocks in a short amount of time
Hard? No. Stupid? Yes. Go in, run around completely aimlessly digging on the ground. Run away from lava when it comes.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why are you running around? (Besides to avoid the lava when its coming)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It worked! :)

Is the Runic Atlas still locked for your editing?
it's not locked, it's like a book with all the pages mixed so you can't know where it starts or where it ends.
Without at least a page number there is nothing that can be done with that thing...

kaiya_uo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stained glass windows ? Does anyone else remember that we were supposed to be able to make those with custom walls? I cannot find it.
there was no given date on the stained glass windows, just stated it would be added in the future, and someone went in and changed the granite only option on this q & a (found here: Developer Meet & Greets – Ultima Online )
, as well to pub. 93 for those whom were also wondering why that was not put in :p

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Female gargoyle with shield walks south or east" graphic problem in classic client is MUCH improved now! Thanks, devs!

Still not perfect though. When you're walking with the hephaestus type shield, the end of the shield blinks. When you stop (any shield), graphic crud is left behind from the transition from walking to standing.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new couches are not dye-able with a furniture dye tub (even if you make them with special woods), you get the msg that the deed is not furniture.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's not locked, it's like a book with all the pages mixed so you can't know where it starts or where it ends.
Without at least a page number there is nothing that can be done with that thing...
Not even the default travel method, or just double clicking the name to cast instead of the little jewel and then the travel jewel?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The t-rex and great ape are going to be really difficult/tedious on smaller shards just on account of their super high hit points. I've seen peerlesses and champs go down faster with similar sized groups. I'd like to see that toned down a fair bit.

I like the tiger cub and dragon hatchling quests. The lava rock quest is really neat and the lava mechanic is awesome... but the drop rate on the lava rocks is too low.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I like it is possible to trade this quest items. Hopeful all the quests will be someones favorite.
They could see how many is doing each quest and then balance the ones noone want to do.

The Tiger cub quest can be done of all but take lots of time. I like the loot on this trappers, nice with a new way to get bandages on Siege other than killing sheeps. One gem on each is not much, I would like to see 2-3 gems at least on Siege.

I had not tryed the other quests yet. The t-rex and great ape may be to hard for me as I hate fighting boss monsters. I hope, there will be 2-3 of the quests I like to do and then some of my guildmembers will choose some of the others at their favorite and trade quest items with me.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good post, Freja. I like the new quests. However, as always, I will not have enough time to do them due to my family duties. Besides trading, will they be permanent? Or can we get at least some info on the time we have to try them before they run out?

I want the banana heaps badly. I need them. They are so great! And those tiger rugs...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There was no timer on the quest item I got and I could place it in a secure.
From A Valley of One Quest Chain – Ultima Online
Each of the tribes has a very different task for you to perform to earn their trust, however you need not perform the task alone and each subquest can stand alone, being taken by a different character more suited to the task required. The rewards for the tasks are tangible and can be transfered to the character who took the quest from Sir Geoffrey.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Freja! That´s a very useful description of the quests. Again I fear, that I have not enough time ot acquire my pelts and bananas. What I mean is not that the items have timers but that the quest is online from - for example - March to April or something (like the sandsifting)... That´s usual the problem: They will be turned off some day... ;-)

But thanks anyways for the Infos!

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Why even make them POFable? they should be consistent like other Tally's/Robes, NO durability. Get on board!!
@Kyronix
Screenshot - 3_3_2016 , 3_56_16 AM.png Screenshot - 3_3_2016 , 4_00_42 AM.png

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not even the default travel method, or just double clicking the name to cast instead of the little jewel and then the travel jewel?
there is no way to know what have you clicked if it's a location or the "next page" button without an order.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Last forever? I've been spawning with one and its down under 0/170. Who wants to be forced to redo shadowguard 100 times to get a Talisman again when it breaks? I rather just use the Conjurers trinket/Turn in trinkets that are indestructible. Farm a full set of Slayer Talismans and let me know how long it took you. Ive done 100+ Shadowguards and never got a set of my own
Can they not be repaired?

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can they not be repaired?
yeah then it goes to /254 then repair /253 eventually down to 0............. Most people have multiple characters they would like to use these on, it's hard enough to even get them in the first place but to replace them on multiple characters would be :wall::wall:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix, any chance you could look at The Great Ape's teleporting? It might just be me, but EVERY SINGLE TIME I have done it, I have been teleported to an ape pit repeatedly. I've even been teleported about 2 seconds after returning to where the ape is.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is no way to know what have you clicked if it's a location or the "next page" button without an order.
@Bleak @Kyronix Could "page numbers" be added to the atlas code for Pinco to reference? Pretty please?

:Begging:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Much to my dismay, I couldn't help but notice that the disappearing bug that locked down animated items such as fountains of life have on EC wasn't fixed. :|

Edit:
Did a champ spawn today. The position desynch and the ghost mobs bug also remain on the EC. :(

Last edited: