• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 92 Available World Wide

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep all those. Random crashing more often too. I did the Turtle spawn the other night and had no less than 15 ghost mobs all around by the time it was done. Very frustrating.

Pretty sure I'm right that not one single DEV uses the EC... and if they do..... they don't actually play EVER.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also get the crashes but now I have worked out when I am about to crash. Its kinda hard to explain until you see it. I get these white flashing boxes appearing around the mobs then sure enough shortly after this the whole client will just close down back to the desktop. As soon as I see these boxes I will load up another client ready to log back in. I've tried to take screenshots but the flashes are so fast its hard to capture. I will try video next time.

As for the desync the only way I could find to reproduce this would be to have hiding on a character. Run about, stop, hide and 90% of the time it will hide, then jump a square and of course un-hide the character.

The ghost mobs are also very very annoying. I get these for monsters and also players. Its annoying as I have "target nearest" set for my main attack macro and if there is a ghost mob it just locks onto this even though there is nothing there.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Save yourself some stress, switch to the working client for a while until the devs fix those EC features. They may be letting the EC go the way of the Third Dawn client for all we know and not be giving a hearty heigh ho about it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not totally sure, and not competent enough to test properly, but I have a feeling some of the crashes relate to how you target. I used to have a macro on my archer 'target nearest enemy', but often when I hit the macro I lost con. I stopped using it an now only target by clicking on names in the mobiles list. I haven't crashed since.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not totally sure, and not competent enough to test properly, but I have a feeling some of the crashes relate to how you target. I used to have a macro on my archer 'target nearest enemy', but often when I hit the macro I lost con. I stopped using it an now only target by clicking on names in the mobiles list. I haven't crashed since.
I target only by clicking bars or the target. I don't use target next, target last or any of that crap. I just click bars and @DJAd I too get those flashy white boxes now. I was like WTF??!?! NEVER had that before.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, gee, I was fooled again, checking back for updates to the thread called
[UO.Com] Publish 92 Available World Wide

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran