• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 91 Update

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All US shards will be coming down shortly to address avian concerns within the Valley of Eodon. We expect this downtime to last approximately 1 hour. Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Continue reading...

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neg Storage.jpg

Any way you could also look into why we've lost house storage from this Publish?
Would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

(EDIT: Problem has been addressed by the Great and Wonderful Kyronix in another thread. Thanks again Sir ! )

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's not possible to go over or have a negative number because current system won't let you exceed it without a bug.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
What "avian concerns" are they supposedly fixing? I sure hope they aren't going to make the foil next to impossible to get.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
249+557=806 and your max is 782 so that would be correct at 24 over.
I'm not saying the numbers don't add up correctly today. Yesterday before the patch all of my homes had storage available(even if just 1 space).
Today almost all of my homes are showing negative numbers. Something happened w/ Pub 91 that reduced available storage (changed numbers).

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yikes! I have a 7x7 that's nearly full with max storage increases. Lord, I hope I don't lose anything important.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Maybe this is there way of forcing a shard consolidation!??

Accidentally make houses lose items which then gets rid of the pixel crack holding back a consolidation...

One can only hope!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Shadowguard loot nerf! :( :( :( :( :( :(

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe this is there way of forcing a shard consolidation!??

Accidentally make houses lose items which then gets rid of the pixel crack holding back a consolidation...

One can only hope!
How many times do you need to hear that no shards will be closed EVER.

Izumo Meet&Greet yesterday
Mesanna: Evening
EM Asiantam: About Izumo
EM Asiantam: eveyone says there are not many ppl so Izumo will be deleted
Mesanna: not true
EM Asiantam: is that true?
EM Asiantam: lol
Mesanna: If that was true we would start with Mugen and Origin
Mesanna: So not true
Mesanna: Let me make myself clear
Mesanna: we are not deleting any shards
Is that clear enough for you.

EvilIan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yikes! I have a 7x7 that's nearly full with max storage increases. Lord, I hope I don't lose anything important.
Unless there is a new bug, there is no penalty for being over the housing storage limit, other than not being able to store anything additional.

Be careful when trying to move items around inside secure containers as they may fall to the ground.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
How many times do you need to hear that no shards will be closed EVER.

Izumo Meet&Greet yesterday
Mesanna: Evening
EM Asiantam: About Izumo
EM Asiantam: eveyone says there are not many ppl so Izumo will be deleted
Mesanna: it is true
EM Asiantam: is that true?
EM Asiantam: lol
Mesanna: we will start with Mugen and Origin
Mesanna: Let me make myself clear
Mesanna: we are deleting all shards in order to consolidate
Is that clear enough for you?
Awesome, Can't wait!

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I read the publish updates, but did they turn down loot intensity? I did some t maps and a scalis this am and the t-map loot seemed to have a lot more cursed items and was rather depressing. I was thinking maybe just some RNG unluck, but then I went and raised a scalis and loot didn't seem the same. Once again may be RNG, just thought I would ask if perhaps it was tweaked for the publish.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try stealing it...

:facepalm:
I am not a thief. O well it was fun for a while. They just keep giving me reasons not to renew. One person said it is loot but no birds I killed had it. I thank you tho for information.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried to steal it, and game said I couldn't steal that. Killed a red macaw with some energy vortexes and found foil as loot in the corpse.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
try to take foil from nest, macaws will spawn and kill you, but 1 of them gas foil

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It appears now, when one grabs at the foil, you can no longer pick it up. The birds still spawn out and attack you. When you kill them, the foil is in their corpse (not always though)
The corpses also may have sugar vanilla ect but again, not always.
The loot has improved and there is also a chance for the new armor, recipes n such to drop from killing the birds.

*I also like that the birds do not attack you, unless you attack them first...*exception if you grab at the foil*

Better than this morning!!!..thx Dev's:)

P.S.
Could you please make the cocoa liquor and the cocoa butter stackable
*pretty please*...:D

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the robe is repairable (but not on TC1) but you still cannot apply powder of fortification to any items that normally did not have durability or jewelry.

Items with durability that do not have any tags to prevent powder of fortification are still not powder-able: Talismans, footwear items, Robes/epaulettes, Paladin Swords, clean jewelry including artifacts like Ring of the Soul-binder, & Enchanted Coral Bracelet.

If the item(s) have durability and has no tags (Brittle, Replica, Imbued, & Cannot be Repaired) that prevent powder of fortification from being applied, it needs to be powder-able.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Where did you read that?
Whaaaaaat?! I hope not. I'm really enjoying the loot from there at the moment.
Me too. Maybe it's just bad luck? Will find out for myself later though.
Based on sample size of two Roof runs, there appears to have been a major nerf of loot on the final boss. Previously, I had been getting a handful of legendary artifacts plus up to a half dozen or more major artifacts on the final boss corpse (in addition to the occasional Shadowguard artifact drop too). In the last two runs I did, no legendaries and only one or two low-end major artifacts.

Just yesterday, I had posted on another thread that the loot on final boss corpses almost always made up for the lack of getting a Shadowguard artifact drop. However, now loot appears to be uber nerfed down. Maybe I've had two bad runs? I hope so, but everyone else I ran it with said the same.

I know the Fountain spawn rate was adjusted per previous patch notes, but Armory seems to be a simpleton encounter now too. I don't recall reading about that one getting nerfed down.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well yeah, this alien dev team put that way to get foil on test. Luckily the real team heard about it today and fixed it. Yay team.
Well, being a lowly cook and not a fighter, I'm not terribly pleased with the "fix".... :sad4:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on sample size of two Roof runs, there appears to have been a major nerf of loot on the final boss. Previously, I had been getting a handful of legendary artifacts plus up to a half dozen or more major artifacts on the final boss corpse (in addition to the occasional Shadowguard artifact drop too). In the last two runs I did, no legendaries and only one or two low-end major artifacts.

Just yesterday, I had posted on another thread that the loot on final boss corpses almost always made up for the lack of getting a Shadowguard artifact drop. However, now loot appears to be uber nerfed down. Maybe I've had two bad runs? I hope so, but everyone else I ran it with said the same.

I know the Fountain spawn rate was adjusted per previous patch notes, but Armory seems to be a simpleton encounter now too. I don't recall reading about that one getting nerfed down.
I just wrapped up a Roof run and got 5 Legendary Artifact drops, wearing 2200 Luck. Not sure of the quality of them, but I didn't even get that many off of Exodus.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just logged after the Publish but did not receive the Holiday gifts.

The character has plenty space in backpack as only holding 45 items.

The login DID download the patch before firing up UO client.

What gives ?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just logged after the Publish but did not receive the Holiday gifts.

The character has plenty space in backpack as only holding 45 items.

The login DID download the patch before firing up UO client.

What gives ?
All characters that are at least 30 days old that log in between December 1, 2015 at 12:01am ET and January 1, 2015 at 12:01am ET will receive a holiday gift token. The token can be double clicked to choose a reward,

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply man. I really hope they haven't done anything as I thought it was good loot for the time invested in the whole encounter.

If it has been I wish they would mention stuff like this in the patch notes.

@Kyronix would you be able to confirm this? has there been a nerf or any "tweaks" to the Shadowguard loot? Please put us straight!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the reply man. I really hope they haven't done anything as I thought it was good loot for the time invested in the whole encounter.

If it has been I wish they would mention stuff like this in the patch notes.

@Kyronix would you be able to confirm this? has there been a nerf or any "tweaks" to the Shadowguard loot? Please put us straight!
No changes have been made to Shadowguard loot.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No changes have been made to Shadowguard loot.
In that case, can we get a concrete number on the drop % chance of Shadowguard artifacts? I've done about 20 Roof runs between Lake Superior and Atlantic, and only received one drop in that time, Lerei's Hunting Spear. I suppose it's just a stretch of godawful luck, but even if it were, I would assume that I'd have pulled more than one in that time. I've even been wearing the aforementioned 2200 luck (2600-something with the Statue bonus), which hasn't helped at all.