• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 Part 2 comes to TC1

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My feedback on the environment of the Valley of Eodon itself:

- The Valley of Eodon doesn't fully feel like a lush, pristine lost world setting to me. I'm not sure exactly why... Maybe the forests and jungles need more trees, bushes and undergrowth? Maybe the spawn of normal animals is too sparse?
Hopefully this can be addressed in the next round of worldbuilding.

- Is there any point to the six different native tribes, or are they just aggressive mobs? I would expect some way to befriend them to get tribe-specific quests, etc... Maybe I should try with savage kin paint next time. The native villages are also lacking in decoration, hopefully this will also be added in worldbuilding.

- Are the greater phoenix and infernus spawning naturally, or are they only part of the champ spawn? I looked for them in the volcanic area but I couldn't find them, maybe I missed them.
The Valley as a whole is unlikely to get more trees. Part of that is because if we add a bunch of trees and other impassable objects it makes the area a nightmare to actually play in (like some of the areas in Ilshenar and the southern jungles of Britannia where the foliage is very thick). If there are specific areas you find that feel are especially barren, feel free to shoot me a PM with the XY coordinates (which will show up as a system message if you use a sextant).

Right now you (as a Britannian) are a complete outsider to the peoples in the Valley. It is our hope that we will continue to build on the Valley in future publishes and provide more content related to this new wilderness and immerse you in the history and struggles of it's native people.

Those two mobs currently spawn in the champ spawn only.