• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 Part 2 comes to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are excited for the second TC1 release of the Time of Legends! Make sure you patch your client before testing anything on TC1. We look forward to seeing you on TC1, if you have any feedback please send it to [email protected]. We will be pushing this tonight so expect TC1 to go down for a short period of time. Please remember this client is not mandatory as of yet, but if you wish to check out all the new and exciting features please make sure you patch up completely. You can check out all the details here

Continue reading...

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome. Will check this out tomorrow for sure.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just finished reading about the 2nd release..Cant wait to check it out!
Shadowguard sounds great

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awww, i was hoping the Greater Phoenix would be tameable. I've always wanted one of those. Plus, they'd take a lot less screen space at events.

Holy crap. Necro Warriors can now cast spells while in Moloch form (Beast Form)!

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
View attachment 36267 Hatchling.jpg Phoenix.jpg Infernus.jpg Awesome.jpg Tiger.jpg Untitled.jpg Tiger pelt.jpg Allosaurus.jpg Najasaurus.jpg Vines.jpg Gullusaurus.jpg

Few of the new creatures I saw along the way...Not Tameable . Land is vast!!
Killed a tiger, gained in karma and fame. Pelts are cool. 3 off 1 kill

Seems that once the Tiger is tamed, it cannot be mounted. Is it intended to be this way?

*Lord Kirito from Atlantic worked the Dragon Turtle Champion spawn until the very end, when a few more of us joined in to help, including EM Takako. Seeing the Huge Dragon Turtle was cool, the end was a gold bomb and we all got a different mastery book drop. No dragon turtle hatchling though !...Not sure where they come from as of yet!

Kyronix was nice enough to hide 5 dragon turtle hatchling eggs in the land of Eodon as they have not yet been entered into the game. Here is a pic of one..*so cute*

Attachments

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
OOOOOOO TAMABLE TIGERS!!!!! Me likey!!!!

Are there stats available for the new arties? Or are we just gonna have to go kill stuff and find out for ourselves...that could be fun :)

It's going on now to TC or tomorrow? *is too excited to wait* lol

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 36252 View attachment 36254 View attachment 36255 View attachment 36248 View attachment 36246 View attachment 36245 View attachment 36240 View attachment 36243 View attachment 36244 View attachment 36241

Few of the new creatures I saw along the way...Not Tameable . Land is vast!!
Killed a tiger, gained in karma and fame. Pelts are cool. 3 off 1 kill

Seems that once the Tiger is tamed, it cannot be mounted. Is it intended to be this way?
Wow... all rehues/resizes but the phoenix. That's kind of unfortunate. Why is the Allosaurus not tamable? Why are the gd gorillas not tamable?!

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are there stats available for the new arties? Or are we just gonna have to go kill stuff and find out for ourselves...that could be fun :)
There's a clicky crystal ball at New Haven Bank that gives you all of the new artifacts.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
All vendors in which I try to buy something now have completely empty shops...can't buy anything anywhere...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay for those of you who were not/cannot be on test...here are some screenies of the Dragon Turtle champ and the baby turtle hatchling....what do you guys think?

upload_2015-9-11_22-48-25.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can someone lore those tamables and share with us?
I am trying to do that now :)

upload_2015-9-12_1-6-17.png

Here's one that I tamed...will do one before tame and after as well.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may be less effective using them but my tamer, with two, beautiful tigers in tow....wheee! That makes up for the mastery primers dropping only on those bosess. I personally would prefer a quest that I could pursue to obtain them. Maybe there will be a roaring economy trading tigers for primers...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dragon Turtle Hatchlings are basically equivalent to Greater Dragons. They have the same Stat/Resist/Skill range, as well as Fire Breath and Bleed Attack. Haven't tested it yet, but since they're "mother" isn't vulnerable to Reptile/Dragon Slayers, then i don't think they are either. Their preferred food is Fish (although they will eat raw Meat), which Raw Fish Steaks only weigh 1/10 Stone.
However, due to the method of their acquisition, getting a good rating Dragon Turtle Hatchling, is going to be even harder than getting a good rating Greater Dragon.

I reminded Kyronix earlier to clarify the specifics of Taming's Mastery "Combat Training", so hopefully that gets updated soon.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
- Injected Strike
When adding poison to a weapon, it ask you to target the poison but if you just added deatly poison to a bow and mot target Darkgrow poison for the next bow, it will ignore that and use the same kind of poison you used last, if you still have it in your bag. @Kyronix

- All tamers, regardless of mastery selection, receive two additional stable slots with the Time of Legends.
What about non tamers, like crafters do they not get more stable slots?

Francis Drake

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
- All tamers, regardless of mastery selection, receive two additional stable slots with the Time of Legends.
What about non tamers, like crafters do they not get more stable slots?
I belive everyone gets 2 extra slots and tamers with mastery get additional 2 slots

thats what i thought anyway.. but i might be wrong

Edit: My non-tamers can hold 6 pets in their stable on TC1

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AWESOME!
Where on TC1 can I enter the new area? Is there a portal, a dungeon or a new land mass?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda disappointed that Dragon turtles are so "cartoony" looking. They don't look like they belong in UO when next to some other pets.....like a Greater Dragon, cant really explain it but they look like they should be in an Korean MMO and not UO.
They are to big when fully grown also, makes size proportions out of synch.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One you gold hoarders should probably be aware of before it goes live.
-
  • All bank checks are shard-bound.

So make sure the checks you want to keep are on the shard you want before the Xpac goes live or its too late.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One you gold hoarders should probably be aware of before it goes live.
-
  • All bank checks are shard-bound.

So make sure the checks you want to keep are on the shard you want before the Xpac goes live or its too late.
Money still can be transfered from one shard to another, even after the currency conversion. So what exactly is your point?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*a small goblin stocks some edibles on her vendor, in the vain hope the busy adventurers actually get hungry*

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Money still can be transfered from one shard to another, even after the currency conversion. So what exactly is your point?
Money can be moved about but Checks cannot, 60000 gold coins will be the max loose change.
Prep for a future rare is all the warning is about. ;)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, folks. And where the heck can I fight a T-Rex??? I found only tin soldiers, ant-men and some weirdos living in tents....

ME WANNA KILL A T-REX!!!

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Kinda disappointed that Dragon turtles are so "cartoony" looking. They don't look like they belong in UO when next to some other pets.....like a Greater Dragon, cant really explain it but they look like they should be in an Korean MMO and not UO.

I rather like the look of the turtles, somewhat "cartoony" yes but their looks can be deceiving as they have a nasty bite!!
The dragon turtle hatchlings will not grow, as per Kyronix. During events we will now see small turtles rather than a sea of G dragons all the time.
I for one welcome the change:)

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My first impression too. Nowhere near the class of other UO art. More like Super Mario. Will they improved when this goes live?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
  • Mastery Primers now drop as rewards from all Champion Spawns, Scalis, and Charybdis.
*shakes head in disappointment*
Are all the champ spawns in these new lands - at least the ones that drop the mastery primers - under fel rules?

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Anyone check the tailor heartwood quest for thee new recipes?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
  • Mastery Primers now drop as rewards from all Champion Spawns, Scalis, and Charybdis.
Are all the champ spawns in these new lands - at least the ones that drop the mastery primers - under fel rules?
I think the new one is Tram rule set, not sure though. It appears they'll spawn on Ilshenar champs as well. I'd like to see Peerless added to the list. @Kyronix

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can still have cks as long as you do not put them in your bank box. He was just being nice to let others that have rare checks to xfer them now before they go shard bound.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why should they be?

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Tried out the Shadowguard and went through the first level (bar) ok
Once at 2nd level (orchard) Wasn't quite sure what we were to do to complete this level?
picked apples from trees, tossed them at tress, killed treefellows, and repeat. Must of done this 100 times then 1 tree disappeared.
after 30 min the timer ran out, level not complete....

*Although we did not finish the level, (not hard or anything, maybe a pattern was needed?) during the 30 min, found the overall experience rather boring and repetitive:(

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Money can be moved about but Checks cannot, 60000 gold coins will be the max loose change.
Prep for a future rare is all the warning is about. ;)
Hmm, ok, whatever anyone likes. ;)
I never understood the uproar about rares (and most probably never will). That's the reason I didn't get your point.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The patch notes state "from all Champion Spawns". "All" means even the ones with tram rules like the ones in Ilshenar, Tokuno, etc...
So it could easily be, that those new spawns are under tram rules as well. THB, I really hope they are non-pvp...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
One positive I noticed for Enhanced Client is that if you target an enemy, their health bar now shows their life as a percentage from 1% to 100%, and will show ALL numbers. Previously, it would only change with each 4% (100% to 96% to 92%, etc.). Seems to be updating faster as well. :)

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once at 2nd level (orchard) Wasn't quite sure what we were to do to complete this level?
picked apples from trees, tossed them at tress, killed treefellows, and repeat. Must of done this 100 times then 1 tree disappeared.
You need to check apples names and remember (write down) where you pick it from. There is pattern.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Okay for those of you who were not/cannot be on test...here are some screenies of the Dragon Turtle champ and the baby turtle hatchling....what do you guys think?

View attachment 36266
@Kyronix what i find interesting is the anatomy of the dragon turtle... it has flippers instead of feet - okay - so it must be aquatic. Since having flippers, it should be rather slow and sloppy moving on land, but I've seen these move rather quickly. Makes no sense really.

Has anyone tried to take their little hatchling onto water? I'd expect it to move lickity split with those flippers.

Is this creature only to be found on land? If so, the anatomy makes no sense which equates to immersion kill...

*sigh*

Is this the turtle we were to supposedly summon in Ilshenar for a ride? Yeah, that was a long long time ago (KR client...)