• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 89 World Wide

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2015 Feb 23 19:27 GMT
Good afternoon everyone,

We will be releasing a new client and Publish 89 to European shards this evening and all North American shards during the regular morning maintenance cycles.

IDOC Housing changes

The changes we have made are to IDOC houses. Below are the details of the changes we have made:

• When a house goes into the condemned stage the house will go private and all access will be removed.

• Trial accounts will no longer be able to pick up loot from an IDOC house

• When the house drops Grubbers will spawn with some of the house loot in their packs, you will have to chase them down to get the loot they have.

• After a house is in the IDOC stage the timers are no longer random, it will drop at either 5, 10, or 15 hours, with the exception of houses with rental vendors. Houses with rental vendors will become OSI owned and have to go through a cycle for the second time to notify vendor owners.

Bug Fixes

• The Demon Slayer property will be properly applied to the Scepter of Pride.

• Using Spirit Speak will no longer interrupt the Inspire bard song.

• Owner bound items will no longer bind when placed on mannequins, stewards, or vendors.

• Blessed quivers and wing armor can no longer be obtained on abyss ruleset shards. Existing blessed quivers and wing armor will lose their blessed status.

• The drop rates for some of the Prism of Light keys has been increased.

• Players can no longer recall out of Blackthorn’s Dungeon in Felucca.

• Runes marked in the “Cat’s Lair” in Britain will be properly named when created.

• Dupre’s Shield can now be dyed using a metal dye tub.

• Several TIDs erroneously containing the article “a” have been fixed.

• Obsidian statues will no longer require 11 obsidian fragments to create.

• Runes marked near the Yomotsu Mines will be properly labeled.

• Runes marked near the New Haven Mines will be properly labeled.

• Blessed items that were previously equipped will be re-equipped when a player double clicks on their corpse.

• City Trade deals now have an auto-renew option that can allow Governors to auto-renew a trade deal so long as funds are available.

• The size of the election gump has been increased to accommodate long names.

• The end date and time has been added to city stones for nomination and election periods.

• The number of mobs spawning in Moonglow Bay has been reduced.

• Vanilla seeds can now be obtained from Juka Mages, Plague Beasts, and Kappa.

• The Bascinet and Kamishimo have been added to the list of Blackthorn Artifacts.

• New Magincia Gardeners will sell Gardening Contracts that will allow a New Magincia Gardening plant to be maintenance free for 2 weeks. Plants will require care after the first server maintenance following the expiration date listed on the plant. Gardening contracts can be used on a plant once every other month.

• Impassable objects placed near the Chaos Shrine in Felucca will be placed in the nearby barrel. The barrel’s contents are deleted after five minutes or when the barrel becomes full.

• Academic bookcases can now be engraved using a wooden container engraving tool.

• Fixed an area where players could become stuck in the Trinsic area of Blackthorn’s Dungeon.

• The spelling of Britannia has been corrected on the “Bank of Britannia: Trinsic Branch” sign. This will occur after two maintenance cycles.

• Paralyzation can no longer be negated with stoneform boots.

• The inaccessible pumpkin patch in T2A near the City of the Dead has been removed from Halloween pumpkin spawn.

• Fixed issue where Grizelda the Hag was not awarding items with the correct magical properties.

• Vice vs Virtue pets can now be resurrected without having prerequisite veterinary or animal taming skills.

• Phoenix armor deeds must now be in the player’s backpack to redeem them.

• A shield can now be equipped with use of the Bracers of Alchemical Devastation.

• Vice vs Virtue match points for kills has been increased from 25 to 100 per kill, Vice vs Virtue occupation match points has been decreased from 50 to 20 per second of occupation.

• When reagents from the Blessed Statue are removed and dropped into a stack of similar reagents the statue will now update its art to the empty version.

• SA item properties correctly spawn on loot located in champ spawn areas.

• Pets/mobs no longer follow attackable players when stealth.

• Players may no longer charm changelings regardless of the mobs current form.

• Engraving tools must now be in a player’s backpack to be used for engraving.

• Engraving tools may not be used on items that are currently contained in a dungeon container or a town container.

• Added silver bracelets, silver rings and crooks to the cleanup Britannia system.

• Players may no longer use Tokuno dyes, Haochi dyes or natural dyes on the Virtuoso suit.

• Re-forged ranged weapons will now have the proper Defense Chance Increase and Hit Chance Increase item property applied.

• New loot system ranged weapons will now have the proper Defense Chance Increase and Hit Chance Increase item property applied.

World Building

• Docks have been added to the city of Yew, west of the Yew Mill.

• Docks have been added to the City of Minoc, north of the Stables.

Client Bug Fixes

• Fixed Classic client crash when player attempts to view Bleed special move page.

• Improved Enhanced client container performance.

• Corrected alignment issues related to the Enhanced client version of the holiday box gumps.

• Enhanced Client characters can once again read the profile of other characters.

• Fixed issue where several quest books displayed as the Crystal Portal in the Enhanced client.

• Setting targeting options now work for newly created spell stones.

• Skill timers are no longer triggered by outside sources in the Enhanced Client.

• All clients now follow server restriction for maximum amount of updatable health bars allowed. Enhanced client mobiles on screen list limit settings have been removed. The enhanced client is limited to 10 draggable health bars excluding pets and party members. Mobiles on screen list is capped at a pool 20 and health bars that are dragged will be removed from this pool. Invulnerable mobs only display under the invulnerable list and don’t count towards the mobiles on screen cap.

• Known items with charges now display proper amount within containers.

• Resolved an issue when the Enhanced Client is not the active window it loses connection much faster than it should.

• Resolved an issue with Ctrl-clicked hot bar icons losing their graphics for items that are in the players’s backpack.

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Other then the housing decay times still being slightly off possibly (stated that IDOCS will fall either at 5,10 or 15 hours yet one was still standing after 16...hopefully just a minor thing) and the bug fixes that I was able to test and verify...hopefully the other ones were tested and verified as well...I'm very happy with this publish.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
took the time to kill a grubber and it had 0 loot...... why do we even need these, such a waste of time. in the time it takes someone to kill one of them stupid things they could have done looted 40 things....so making the grubbers so that "everyone has a chance to get something" is about ass backwards if ya ask me

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, since the considerations of paying customers related to remove friends and coowners from house access as soon as it starts to decay are not taken into account, I will have to vote with my pocket.
Closing 3 housekeeper accounts and changing 4 permanent paid to housekeeper mode within the next 3 month.
Thanks for the eye opening.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So noone is talking about the real reason for publish 89?

41 bug fixes....41!!!!!

2 new docks that people have been asking for for YeaRS...

and 11 client bug fixes...that's as LOT of cool stuff....the IDOC changes were added as an after-thought to MAYBE appease a few people.....I have heard practially nothing regarding the bug fixes.....it's like no one even cares.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So noone is talking about the real reason for publish 89?

41 bug fixes....41!!!!!

2 new docks that people have been asking for for YeaRS...

and 11 client bug fixes...that's as LOT of cool stuff....the IDOC changes were added as an after-thought to MAYBE appease a few people.....I have heard practially nothing regarding the bug fixes.....it's like no one even cares.
I'm not holding my breath but Tonight is Tuesday. EM Event night on GL's... I'm praying that I can loot a public corpse without totally crashing the EC. I'm also hoping that I don't get the continuous "Connection Lost" problem I had been having. Otherwise I'm going to have to give more serious thought to closing out my 10 accounts for good. I can't justify the expense for the frustration much longer.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I am guessing the grubbers do not get to spawn with items. They must work like those necro minions that just pick stuff up. From what I have seen they only pick up an item about 25% of the time. But I have yet to be at a loaded house to observe what goes down

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am guessing the grubbers do not get to spawn with items. They must work like those necro minions that just pick stuff up. From what I have seen they only pick up an item about 25% of the time. But I have yet to be at a loaded house to observe what goes down
According to the patch notes...

When the house drops Grubbers will spawn with some of the house loot in their packs, you will have to chase them down to get the loot they have.

They are supposed to spawn with items on them...if they aren't let them know!! I missed 3 IDOCS due to the fact that they all fell in the middle of the night when I was sleeping or early morning :/ None of them fell within the first 5 hour time-frame.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Game
2015 Feb 23 19:27 GMT
Good afternoon everyone,

We will be releasing a new client and Publish 89 to European shards this evening and all North American shards during the regular morning maintenance cycles.

• Players may no longer use Tokuno dyes, Haochi dyes or natural dyes on the Virtuoso suit.
Continue reading...
Minor bug: Although the Virtuoso suit can no longer be dyed, if you attempt to dye it, it will take subtract a charge from the dye but does not change from it's original color.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Minor bug: Although the Virtuoso suit can no longer be dyed, if you attempt to dye it, it will take subtract a charge from the dye but does not change from it's original color.
Um........ that sucks.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Why would you attempt to dye it if you know it can't be dyed anymore?

And before you say *To test it*.....yeah...I think you know where I'm going with this lol.

Sucks that it happened but....Test Center is there for a reason! :) Glad you caught it though..I don't have that armor or it would have been tested already :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can you imagine happening across an IDOC and waiting 15 hours?
Well...according to the patch notes, you don't have to! If it works as intended..the house will fall either 5 hours after it goes IDOC, 10 hours or 15 hours....no other times...so you only have to check it a total of 3 times.

Now it seems that it's not working as intended....but in a perfect world that's how it SHOULD work lol.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not holding my breath but Tonight is Tuesday. EM Event night on GL's... I'm praying that I can loot a public corpse without totally crashing the EC. I'm also hoping that I don't get the continuous "Connection Lost" problem I had been having. Otherwise I'm going to have to give more serious thought to closing out my 10 accounts for good. I can't justify the expense for the frustration much longer.
Those known issues are resolved in the Default UI. See you tonight ;)

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well...according to the patch notes, you don't have to! If it works as intended..the house will fall either 5 hours after it goes IDOC, 10 hours or 15 hours....no other times...so you only have to check it a total of 3 times.

Now it seems that it's not working as intended....but in a perfect world that's how it SHOULD work lol.
If you "happen upon it" you will have to check it more than 3 times. You have no set time it went idoc so you have no clue when that "5 hour" timer is.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well the longest you'd have to wait is 5 hours....technically...or 5 hours and...say 10 minutes because it's gonna fall at 5 hour intervals...IF it's working.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I reallly wish the bug fixes were ones that affected playability, and not so much fluff. Just off the top of my head, there is the "there are no mobiles on the screen to select" when I am hitting the 'target nearest' macro with 15 mobs banging on me.

Or the one where the icons disappear when you log out of EC and you have to toy with em on next login to get em back.

Some of us are still crashing when trading.

Just small stuff like that...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you "happen upon it" you will have to check it more than 3 times. You have no set time it went idoc so you have no clue when that "5 hour" timer is.
Right. With no point of reference you are still stuck with having to sit it, because you don't know when 5 hours is. Therefore you dont know when 10 hrs is either.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
On a side note... I see the log in screen your still looking for a software engineer. What are you offering? Minimum wage? lol

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Right. With no point of reference you are still stuck with having to sit it, because you don't know when 5 hours is. Therefore you dont know when 10 hrs is either.
You only have to sit it for 5 hours...sit and watch netflix or Hulu or something....if you have time to hunt or champ or peerless or pvp for 5 hours...you got time to sit....if not, IDOC'ing is not for you....not YOU but anyone...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You only have to sit it for 5 hours...sit and watch netflix or Hulu or something....if you have time to hunt or champ or peerless or pvp for 5 hours...you got time to sit....if not, IDOC'ing is not for you....not YOU but anyone...
If your some kinda freak with spread sheets listing exact times they go IDOC is one thing. How often do people know exact IDOC times?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand your logic. example: house goes idoc at 4, you happen upon it at 5. Not knowing when it turned , you have to sit at it for 5 hours, and nothing happens...must be a 10 hour house then. HOWEVER you still don't know when 10 hours is gonna be, so you still have to sit for another 5 hours. OOPS, musta been a 15 hour house cause it didnt fall after another 5. My redneck hick reasoning cant see it any other way :/

In the old days you knew you would enver sit longer than 7, no matter when you happened upon it. And for a lot of us, therein lies the rub. So much dev time spent screwing with something not broken, while screwing us at the same time.

It was said this was for scriptors, if that was the goal, for real, then clelaring the friends list would have been sufficient.

just another brick...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There are a lot of freaks in this world....people have spreadsheets for BOD's....I mean ok I know that there are scripts that do everything for you....and people aren't gonna stop using them, it's possible to know approximate times. Like the one I was at yesterday...I left my house at 3:30, the house was Greatly, got home at 4:27, house was IDOC, so I know within an hour the time it should fall...that's a huge time frame I know but still...sometimes you get lucky lol.

I'm not saying that it's possible to know exact times without using *outside help* but people are going to use it and what can you do? I sit and wait..if it falls while I'm there and a manage to get something, great...if not oh well, all I want to do is see and kill a grubber lol, have yet to even see one :/

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If your some kinda freak with spread sheets listing exact times they go IDOC is one thing. How often do people know exact IDOC times?
Right, to say you only have to sit for 5 hours is assuming you KNOW the change time.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are a lot of freaks in this world....people have spreadsheets for BOD's....I mean ok I know that there are scripts that do everything for you....and people aren't gonna stop using them, it's possible to know approximate times. Like the one I was at yesterday...I left my house at 3:30, the house was Greatly, got home at 4:27, house was IDOC, so I know within an hour the time it should fall...that's a huge time frame I know but still...sometimes you get lucky lol.

I'm not saying that it's possible to know exact times without using *outside help* but people are going to use it and what can you do? I sit and wait..if it falls while I'm there and a manage to get something, great...if not oh well, all I want to do is see and kill a grubber lol, have yet to even see one :/
Dig up a t-map and fail at picking it a few times. Or have a friend do it ;)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Went looking at the new docks...did no one notice that in Minoc when you run thru the stables to get to it, you run right into a door in the middle of the path?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Again not holding my breath but I WILL be testing that tonight and hoping you are right. I'll let you know!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Went looking at the new docks...did no one notice that in Minoc when you run thru the stables to get to it, you run right into a door in the middle of the path?
Yes we did and it was reported on the Governors forum I believe.... they removed one door but not the other and they didn't fix the corner on the stable either... it's also reported on the post about the dock..... as well the Trees that were "moved" or replaced in Yew someone put the base of the tree OVER the leaves. So the trees on the right side of the new road look "weird" having the leaves under the branches.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Somehow I missed the note about increased Prism of Light key drop rate. That sounds freaking awesome. That was the reason I rarely did it before, it was just too time consuming to get keys.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, no it isn't. Boss mobs with super-full packs are still GURANTEED TO CRASH the EC 99.9% of the time when you open their public packs. (these mobs have 125+ items in their pack)

The supernova attack of the primeval lich/Corgul lags the client something fierce and can crash it as well. (Even the CC is not immune to this)

Dying in the EC takes upwards of 60 seconds from final hit to actually being able to move as a ghost, in the CC its nearly instant.

These issues were fixed-ish once, but they reappeared after the EC "upgrade" in pub 86, which really just seemed to undo much of the progress made with the client over the last few years :( These seriously need to be fixed now, not later, not "soon."

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, no it isn't. Boss mobs with super-full packs are still GURANTEED TO CRASH the EC 99.9% of the time when you open their public packs. (these mobs have 125+ items in their pack)

The supernova attack of the primeval lich/Corgul lags the client something fierce and can crash it as well. (Even the CC is not immune to this)

Dying in the EC takes upwards of 60 seconds from final hit to actually being able to move as a ghost, in the CC its nearly instant.

These issues were fixed-ish once, but they reappeared after the EC "upgrade" in pub 86, which really just seemed to undo much of the progress made with the client over the last few years :( These seriously need to be fixed now, not later, not "soon."
This! This is what I'm talking about @Kyronix, @Bleak and it's still NOT resolved. I can't open a public corpse from the boss Mob.... this means that if there is 1 awesome item on there that is say a "legendary" artifact quality..... NO ONE in the EC has an opportunity to even see it, or loot it for that matter. Totally tested this tonight and I still CAN NOT loot a public boss corpse.... the client freezes up solid as a rock and I get the "Not Responding" message on the bar at the top of my screen... I opened up the Task Manager and I can say that it is NOT overtaxing my system as there are PLENTY of resources available there to be doing what ever it is needs done..... also I am on cable broadband with a 115 upload and 25 download...... also NOT the issue. No lag anywhere else but in UO.

I died... I knew I was dead though I couldn't move nor did the screen go gray for over 30 seconds ... People asking "where did you die?" How the heck would I know.... obviously my screen is NOT updating to the "death" graphic.... It takes so long for me to actually DIE that by the time I do catch up and get rezed...... whatever killed me is long gone... Which means I CAN'T PLAY OR ENJOY THE EM EVENTS. Which is what I said MUST be fixed for me to justify keeping 10 accounts open and paying to play UO. We are talking about spending 100 bucks a month to play UO.

Something I've done for YEARS. And at present I've been weighing that choice. I get to play UO with my friends 3 nights a Week.... Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays... I VERY much enjoy the RP aspect of UO... which means the EM events are something I very much want to enjoy.... however of late since I can't loot, and can't really see what's going on when It takes forever to die and I'm constantly locked up... It's FAR more Frustrating than enjoyable. So that puts my Tuesday nights out... Mondays are generally meetings and rarely anything "exciting"... That leaves Thursday which is Auction night... and well since I can't get a drop at the EM event because I'm frozen not likely to get getting loads of money to spend at auction..... can't loot anything either at the Tuesday event worth selling so again..... not getting any income there... so.... how much fun is an auction you can't buy anything at? So my "joy" factor is falling drastically.... and if I am just hanging around to talk to my friends online then well..... I can do that without spending the 100 bucks a month on a game that isn't playable in the manner in which it's intended.

I just want to enjoy UO again. I want to play and have fun in the game as intended. I thought this patch was supposed to fix that and it didn't. Am I disappointed..... Heck yes. Now I will weigh my decision... The video was nice... but I don't want to keep paying out money ..... into something that is UNPLAYABLE.

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mal, although I don't do EM events, I would be frustrated too if my game kept locking up while I was trying to do something. Are you sure it's not a PC problem rather than an EC problem? I couldn't use the EC until I upgraded the PC a couple years ago.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@MalagAste @Dot_Warner QA and I will take another stab at reproducing your container crash issue. There are a couple other issues that I saw tonight that I will be taking a look at mainly what happened in that cave that took my client longer than it should have to process all that death.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its definitely not a PC issue. I'm running Win8.1 64, 16 gigs of RAM, GTX 980, quad core i7-960, and both the OS and UO are running off an SSD (This system is awesome!). I don't even lag in Luna.

But EM boss mob corpses, dying and PL/Corgul nova attacks bring the EC to its knees. That's a client problem.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@MalagAste @Dot_Warner QA and I will take another stab at reproducing your container crash issue. There are a couple other issues that I saw tonight that I will be taking a look at mainly what happened in that cave that took my client longer than it should have to process all that death.
Thank you Bleak. I appreciate it. I just simply can't seem to play anymore at the EM events. And that breaks my heart. I love this game and I want to play it so bad... but anymore I just can't do anything.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suggest you try it with the default UI and with a current copy of Pinco's installed as well. Just to see if there is a noticeable difference. @Pinco

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak Thank you for looking into this. I can also no longer do the EM events or any other boss type mob due to the crash when opening the container. The last EM event I did, from the time I died, to when it actually registered I was dead, and I was able to log back in I was the only person left in the area, the event was completely over, including any afterwards RP.
I especially love doing corgul, but unless I have someone specifically healing me I will die, because his attack locks my screen.

I know there is no way it is my system now, since I just upgraded my computer. Before the upgrade it was good enough to handle most games out today, but now it would be a breeze.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But EM boss mob corpses, dying and PL/Corgul nova attacks bring the EC to its knees. That's a client problem.
Also that green smoke effect at the building at the city of dead champ spawn in the lost lands. Pretty much grinds my PC to a halt when I go near it.