• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 86.2 to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Aug 15 16:20 GMT

Publish Update to TC1

Next week we will have an update to Vice vs Virtue

Publish 86.0.2

Global Loot Changes

• Khaldun Puzzle Chests now convert to next generation loot.

• Talisman now spawn with loot properties.

• Chests found in locations such as the Vesper Bank and the Trinsic Guard Tower have converted loot.

• Creatures that normally did not attack each other based on karma will no longer attach each other.

• Items from the Despise wisp have been toned down.

• Specialty items obtained from SoS loot will not be converted to next generation loot.
Traders Quest

• Slim the Fence will now persist in the three tavern locations even when a trade order has been turned in to him.

• Trade orders should be available with a destination of Yew.

• Slim the Fence will no longer reward forged pardons, and now has a chance of rewarding a random magic item, or one of his rare rewards.

• City Trade Ministers will now reward either resources or a random Scroll of Transcendence in addition to their specialty rewards.

• Reward Scrolls of Transcendence will have a random value between 0.1 and 1.0

• Turning trade orders in to Slim the Fence will result in gaining hate from the destination and origin cities with regards to city loyalty, as well as a karma loss.

• Turning trade orders in to the City Trade Minister will result in gaining love from the destination and origin cities with regards to city loyalty, as well as a karma gain.

• Ambusher mobs will scale based on the stats and skills of the player doing the quest, and will have an “Ambusher” item property.

• Trade crates will provide a 50% weight reduction to items placed inside them.

• Trade crates will expire after 24 hours.

• Ambush mobs can no longer be tamed or charmed.

• Insured and Blessed items will not be transferred to the trade crate when using the Fill from backpack menu option.

• Titles earned through the trade quest can now be assigned as subtitles or as overhead suffixes.

• The title of “Magnate” is now available after completing 150 trade orders to the City Trade Minister.
Bug Fixes

• Item insurance costs will no longer be reset when switching subservers.

• Certain monster AIs that could teleport a player to an inappropriate blocked location will no longer occur.

Continue reading...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Talisman now spawn with loot properties."

all loot properties? like swing speed, stamina increase, skill, damage eater? i think my O.P. 211 stam archer just got more powerful.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Talisman now spawn with loot properties.
Hrmm, what exactly does this mean, the talismans can spawn with properties found on Armor?

Or does it mean the new values that were available on TC1 are staying, so you'd have a chance to find talismans with up to 50/50 normal/exceptional crafting bonuses?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got trade offer for 20 arrows, and fill from backpack option does not work for that.
That's correct. Fill from back pack is not meant to work for stacked items. It is assumed you can drag one item to the box.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Aug 15 16:20 GMT

Publish Update to TC1

Next week we will have an update to Vice vs Virtue

Publish 86.0.2

Global Loot Changes

• Khaldun Puzzle Chests now convert to next generation loot.

• Talisman now spawn with loot properties.

• Chests found in locations such as the Vesper Bank and the Trinsic Guard Tower have converted loot.

• Creatures that normally did not attack each other based on karma will no longer attach each other.

• Items from the Despise wisp have been toned down.

• Specialty items obtained from SoS loot will not be converted to next generation loot.
Traders Quest

• Slim the Fence will now persist in the three tavern locations even when a trade order has been turned in to him.

• Trade orders should be available with a destination of Yew.

• Slim the Fence will no longer reward forged pardons, and now has a chance of rewarding a random magic item, or one of his rare rewards.

• City Trade Ministers will now reward either resources or a random Scroll of Transcendence in addition to their specialty rewards.

• Turning trade orders in to Slim the Fence will result in gaining hate from the destination and origin cities with regards to city loyalty, as well as a karma loss.

• Turning trade orders in to the City Trade Minister will result in gaining love from the destination and origin cities with regards to city loyalty, as well as a karma gain.

• Ambusher mobs will scale based on the stats and skills of the player doing the quest, and will have an “Ambusher” item property.

• Trade crates will provide a 50% weight reduction to items placed inside them.

• Trade crates will expire after 24 hours.

• Ambush mobs can no longer be tamed or charmed.

• Insured and Blessed items will not be transferred to the trade crate when using the Fill from backpack menu option.

• Titles earned through the trade quest can now be assigned as subtitles or as overhead suffixes.

• The title of “Magnate” is now available after completing 150 trade orders to the City Trade Minister.
Bug Fixes

• Item insurance costs will no longer be reset when switching subservers.

• Certain monster AIs that could teleport a player to an inappropriate blocked location will no longer occur.

Continue reading...
Nice changes... now to test them out.

Properties on talismans??? Yes please!!! This will be so helpful on siege, and give me a reason to hit heartwood again!

Slappyjipper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just killed a Meli on TC and the talisman's haven't changed :/ no new loot properties on them, just the same old protection against cows or crafting bonuses.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice changes... now to test them out.

Properties on talismans??? Yes please!!! This will be so helpful on siege, and give me a reason to hit heartwood again!
It's either not on TC1 right now, or it's not what you think.

I'm thinking they just allowed talismans to roll up to 50% exceptional/normal bonuses for crafting skills now. which would be up from 1-30% to 1-50%, also a welcoming change imo.

Besides, what the hell would I do with the 8 extra Slithers I have if you could get talismans with other properties on them ? :eek:

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Creatures that normally did not attack each other based on karma will no longer attach each other."

I don't get it.. Did not attack will no longer attach?

-Lorax

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's either not on TC1 right now, or it's not what you think.

I'm thinking they just allowed talismans to roll up to 50% exceptional/normal bonuses for crafting skills now. which would be up from 1-30% to 1-50%, also a welcoming change imo.

Besides, what the hell would I do with the 8 extra Slithers I have if you could get talismans with other properties on them ? :eek:
Yes, what you are saying DOES make sense. But maybe they could have like ONE property or something? I'm sure it could be worked out.

Heh a like 5 property random talisman would kinda throw that item slot out of whack.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Creatures that normally did not attack each other based on karma will no longer attach each other."

-Lorax
I'm sure it's just a typo 'attach' should have been 'attack'.

However, That part was in referring to shadow wisps attacking pixies and such at oaks spawn, also other areas had mobs that normally didn't attack each other that were on TC1.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

-Lorax
Stuff in the Oaks & Twisted Weald spawns attacked itself - pixies/ki-rins/unicorns attacked shadow wisps, wisps, and centaurs. As a result, the spawn in Ilsh Spirituality would advance itself to level 4, at which point a player would have to finish it. If it rolled back to level 3, it wouldn't stay there for long.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd be down to do a Lady Mel on Test but I'm too lazy to solo. Anyone up?

I'm sure it's just a typo 'attach' should have been 'attack'.
♫ When a Pixie loves a centaur... ♫ still a better love story than Twilight

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh of course I forget a machete before char copy lol

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so I decided to solo on my mystic, but of course I forgot something else, luck. So these are results with 0 luck, but I got three talismans on TC that had no apparent benefits or qualities unlike what we currently have, which leaves me to believe I probably wasted my time on an old copy of TC, huh?

http://i59.***********/ajpipy.png

I did get Honor set gloves, and...this...

http://i59.***********/10ofodk.png

remember when some dev said it was stupid how the current loot generator would give out things like snow elemental slayers that no one wanted? lol...I mean...I guess at least it's clean at 0 luck? (massive isn't the worst thing in the world)

Just killed a Meli on TC and the talisman's haven't changed :/ no new loot properties on them, just the same old protection against cows or crafting bonuses.
note to self: read whole thread next time

... :moo:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just did the quest in Jhelom to Umbra earlier today on TC1, I received about 5 talismans, none of them had any properties higher than currently on production, though the quest normally didn't drop high-end items before either, so it's to be expected I guess.

I also didn't use a character wearing a luck suit I only had the 200 from the AoF, as I was on xfer cooldown w/that acct =X

I just wanted to make sure the talismans weren't rolling armor-properties =X, They didn't I'm happy :D.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think what they meant is that they are actually dropping now where they are supposed to because Wrong while it has elven stuff NEVER has talismans drop at all.

I'm guessing that they meant talismans will actually drop as loot.

I was rather hoping that they could add a place for elven stuff to drop in T-Map chests like chests done in Illshenar would have some Elven items. Since there are only a few small dungeons that often have crap mobs where that is the only way to get Elven stuff or in Wrong where..... honestly doesn't drop Talismans at all. And there are NO T-Map area's having Elven stuff. I mean T-Maps dug in Ter Mur get you loot that has Gargoyle things, T-Maps in Tokuno gets you Tokuno loot... But it's all human anywhere else. I was hoping that Illshenar perhaps could drop Elven/Human loot.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I just wish the publish notes were more clear on their explanations. Many times the publish notes just lead to confusion and more questions.
Perhaps have a second person read and edit them first?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I did a trade order from Britain to Trinsic. The level of the spawn seem ok but the loot on the spawn was not worth it. There seem to be less magic items than on overland spawn. That's ok as you else will get to heavy but maybe make this few items a little better. I got 64,000 gold for the town and a 1.o pink, so that was cool. Edited: when I dropped imbuing and took magery together with my archer/healer/resist skills, loot seem to be a little better.
Tested at trammel with running, going to test the sea now.

Now a question about Siege. I hope it won't be possible to use moongates on Siege, as it is Felucca. Please let us have to use the roads and sea to turn in this orders :devil:, that together with the global loot will bring Siege back to life.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Auch one more shard crash on TC, one for each Trade run :(
Grrrr, sailed from New Mag to south of Vesper, lost con, shard down, boat back to New Mag.
I sail the way again, this time without a spawn, crash again at server line, shard down again, hope I'm not back to New Mag.
Edited, back to New Mag, try again, hit server line at vesper and Server crash, sorry

Last edited:

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's crashed three times while I've been trying to get an order from Yew to Britain... I'm getting frustrated! *sighs*

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes very, hope they fix it. I gave up and went back to New Magincia after 3 crash near Vesper. Then I wanted to dock my boat and a abusive spawn spawned on it, and I had to kill them and wait for them to decay. Enough testing for today.
But except for that, I think Devs did a great job with this.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes very, hope they fix it. I gave up and went back to New Magincia after 3 crash near Vesper. Then I wanted to dock my boat and a abusive spawn spawned on it, and I had to kill them and wait for them to decay. Enough testing for today.
But except for that, I think Devs did a great job with this.
For those of you who are seeing crashing issues, can you post as much detail as possible as to what you were doing when the crash occurred?

Thanks for testing!

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix For me, I was working on a trade quest from Yew to Britain. It was always near the same location, I'd be fighting or would have just finished fighting ambush spawn in or near the pass through the mountains, and I'd freeze and crash. Log back on and TC would be off my list for a few minutes then back up again. Kept reverting back into Yew.

Seems to be fine now though, I completed several more quests without issue after those crashes.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
For those of you who are seeing crashing issues, can you post as much detail as possible as to what you were doing when the crash occurred?

Thanks for testing!
The first times, I was fighting abusing spawn between Brit and Trinsic
Next 3, was when I tried to cross server line south of vesper on sea. All 3 times my boat was back to right outside New Mag dock, when server was up again and I did not feel like trying to get to vesper again so I canceled the quest after I docked my boat.
Will go on testing tomorrow

fajico

Seasoned Veteran
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've noticed something wrong with Global Loot.
Magic items on certain loots have never come with any of post-SA properties.
(Splintering Weapon, Hit Fatigue, Mana Drain, Casting Focus, Damage Eater, etc.)

Loots I've confirmed so far from which magic items never come with SA props:

T-map Chests(I did a few level 5's and 6's):
-Trammel
-Felucca
-Malas
-Tokuno-Island
Treasure chests on Illushener and Tel Mur have magic items WITH post-SA properties, and I believe loot from all the overland mobs on each facet are same as t-map chests regarding whether they come with or without SA props.

Peerless:
-Palace of Paroxysmus (both mobs and the boss)

I hope Dev team look into this issue, and I also like to hear from other players who is testing global loot on test center if they ever have noticed things like this.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to do another tomorrow, I can copy a toon over with the Blessing and/or a Machete.
Sure, let me know if you're on nowish :) looks like I may have misread the notes...maybe we should check Wrong, first, as MalagAste suggests. I guess the starting off point is, has anyone seen the new mod Talismans?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

While I certainly like this change, it would have been better if instead of Scrolls of Transcendence, the trade ministers would reward a random runic tool, with a distribution bias towards runic fletcher's tools and runic saws, since getting those require doing dozens upon dozens of heartwood quests, and sadly, the market for those is cornered by scripters. It is not very realistic for a player to spend hours doing those quests to get the very odd runic fletcher tool or runic saw.
It would also make a bit more sense, since those are more crafting centric, and would help the market for those runic tools, making them a bit more readily available, and a bit out of the hand of scripters, as due to the nature of this trade quests, they won't be very easy to script, thankfully.

Also, since reforging, runic tools are far more coveted, thus making them a more desirable reward than random SoTs.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I like the random SoTs but adding runic tools to the rewards would be nice