• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 84 to all Shards Tomorrow

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mana leech does not appear to be working for ranged.
I have a 50 mana leech soul glaive doing 80-153 damage on AIs, and leeching No mana

I am aware that mana leech functions differently than mana Drain. i would not expect to drain mana from the rogues / melee captains.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mana leech does not appear to be working for ranged.
I have a 50 mana leech soul glaive doing 80-153 damage on AIs, and leeching No mana

I am aware that mana leech functions differently than mana Drain. i would not expect to drain mana from the rogues / melee captains.
Same for archery, the leech return is not correct....

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's because they looked at every way we use to kill stuff and then made the captains immune to it or have very little effect. Mana Leech, life leech, discordance, can't use RC's, summons, no provoke, no slayers, Greater Dragons barely a scratch.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's because they looked at every way we use to kill stuff and then made the captains immune to it or have very little effect. Mana Leech, life leech, discordance, can't use RC's, summons, no provoke, no slayers, Greater Dragons barely a scratch.
leeches are working on melee fine as far as i can tell, but ranged appears to not be working correctly. wish i would have caught this on test, but only did test on a sampire, not a thrower.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish Notes
2013 Oct 21 20:42 GMT
Tomorrow (October 22,2013) during normal maintenance we will be publishing Publish 84.

Hurray!

I am pretty sure this fiction is written about me. :hula:
Made me want to play Ivy in Soul Calibur. I like me some Minax. Don't know how Ricardo is still alive, though.

Also in another thread, someone posted mobs in Britain spawning in unreachable locations...has this been fixed as well?
Just get a few dozen friends and poison spike on yourself a billion times ;P.

As I've said before, after the Cities are no longer invaded the creatures, Minax artifacts, and Blackthorn artifacts will have a permanent home elsewhere.
Like...the Gauntlet, right? lol :)

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to participate this afternoon in defeating the Invasion in Trinsic (Trammel) on Chesapeake. I am a Tamer, and had a bit of a hard time at first - was basically instakilled when the first red name appeared on the screen. Once I found a group of players, I did much better. I was able to attack with Ganja, my dragon, and heal him and others as needed. Everyone seemed to be working together very well. I was active in attacking the Lighthouse, and received a drop when it was destroyed. I usually have bad luck with the RNG, so that was definately exciting. My good fortune continued when another player gave me a Minax artifact that he didn't want. The only downside I have noticed so far is that it is nearly impossible to Vet my pet because of all the area effects. That is definately a bummer since I try to keep my pets bandaged up at all times. The Crystal Ball of Summoning might be very useful for pulling my pet out for Vetting and then sending him back in for some more fun!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good evening!

First of all, I would like to say, that the invasions are really fun! I enjoy it! Thanks, Devs! Pretty cool innovations you gave us recently.

Here is my impression: Started my first session at about 4 p.m., now it is 7.30 p.m. Played three and a half hour with my tamer with 2200 luck. I was able to join two invasions from the beginning to the end in those 3.5 hours. Each invasion gave me 3 or 4 drops, recently. So, I got 7 drops in 3.5 hours. I was fighting with a group of about 10-15 people. Each city takes long to clean up...

If I am able to join 1 hour at a usual working day (which is much, because of family duties and other things), I would be able to 2 drops each day. I know, you need larger numbers to evaluate the chances. But its a try. Hence, I will need 50 days of grinding (when having 1 hour each day).

What I want to say: This whole invasion, this really fantastic and exciting idea, makes only sense, if you let it turned on for about 3 months (or more!). Otherwise, it will produce much frustration.

So, thanks again, Devs. I love it. I want that hooded robe AND the epaulettes. I need min. 100 days of daily grinding. It would be a very good idea, if you could tell us, if you are planning to let this invasion be turned on for 3-4 months. So we can decide whether it is worth grinding or not ;-)

Thanks everybody!

The responds on Drachenfels yesterday evening was amazing. We worked well together. We made sure where we are fighting trough Ally and General chat and we made sure when the lighthouse in vurnable we mentioned it. Just like last Sunday on Exodus , I had to wonder if I was not logged in on Atlantic! ;)

Drachlantic someone said!

Working together is the only right way. :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hurray!

Made me want to play Ivy in Soul Calibur. I like me some Minax. Don't know how Ricardo is still alive, though.

Just get a few dozen friends and poison spike on yourself a billion times ;P.

Like...the Gauntlet, right? lol :)
Yes, if I remember right, that was excalty what the people here demanded: Add the items to Doom. So, if they do it this way, MANY people will be pleased. If another way: I don´t mind, as long as we will have the chance to do this permanently - as Kyronix said.

This year´s gifts and events are fantastic! Remember the doomsday-atmosphere on this board only 2 month ago? LOL!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's exactly how I was going to do it if it wasn't fixed LOl.... probably wouldn't be worth it though.
poison strike, even. oops. lol I need to get more sleep ;).

I miss hail storm before the wall changes and the split changes, even though it was cheesy for PvP.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
poison strike, even. oops. lol I need to get more sleep ;).

I miss hail storm before the wall changes and the split changes, even though it was cheesy for PvP.
I think Nether Cyclone may still be used that way.... not positive though (I never play my mystic).

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
already found a lot of answers to my frustration, so it's ok for me now. However, one thing that REALLY makes it impossible to participate for me (on Atlantic) is the tremendous lag I had. Anyone else this problem?