• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 81 Updated on TC1

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This might be a really fun idea if you took all the cities that you left out of this system like Serpent's Hold, Zento, & Umbra etc. and all the "Player Run Cities" (Atlantic specific examples) like New Magincia Cultural Center & Sanctus, Blue Crane, etc. that you left out of this system and let us organize in Felucca for Lord British in a traditional Council formation that we vote in using the same tools you are giving the current included towns. Player Towns can line up with the side they wish to support. We can be Order and your Blackthorn Council can be Chaos!

You've given the Player Towns on Atlantic absolutely nothing to do and you are killing our communities again by not including us. Where is Zento's City Stone?

Sure we can organize this by ourselves but its hard to draw people's interest if you are competing with 100 Million gold event items and fancy titles given by Governors. Give our Governors the same powers and lets do the War of the Roses over again!
Serpent's Hold is a fortress/stronghold more so than a City. It has been historically ruled by the Order of the Silver Serpent. Zento is in Tokuno, which is ruled by the Empress of Tokuno, Lord Blackthorn has no rule there. Umbra is the City of Necromancers and exists in Malas, not exactly within the realm of Lord Blackthorn either.

What then about Cove, Nujelm, Buc's Den, and New Haven? I could see extending loyalty to Cove and New Haven at some point in the future. Buc's Den is a haven for the lawless - not exactly loyal to Blackthorn's rule. Nujelm has traditionally existed as a City-State within Britannia under the rule of the Sultan there.

I get what you are saying though, and perhaps sometime in the future we can look at extending loyalties in different ways to some of those areas. The original intent was to include the traditional starting Cities to draw on the connection a player has with their starting City (For me that was Vesper).

What then, about player towns? That's a really difficult accommodation to make. I've seen player towns pop up one day, only to be gone the next. I mean that as no disrespect to the communities you may have on Atlantic or any other shard. I am sure there are some large communities that have existed for years. So how then, do we accommodate player towns within the current umbrella of the system? What I would do is likely ally my player run town with one of the virtue towns. I'd go to great lengths to describe our relationships and why our citizens are one in the same. In interacting with the King through the proper Cities it would provide an excellent means to open a dialogue regarding the player community as well. One of the intents of that interaction is allow for specific enhancements to made to the City (I want a lighthouse in Vesper!), enhancements that have previously already been offered to player communities.
To view the original post, please click here