• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 117 PvP Updates Come to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2/16/2024 Greetings, We are pleased to announce that several PvP updates are available for testing on TC1. Please check the publish notes for full details. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
1708107730980.png

Haven't been able to test. The wording on Game play change a little odd. Being told by others it effectively means you can't evade your own damage - i.e., using an explode pot and standing in the blast zone will result in damage to yourself.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:banana:Someone found the spoilers! :danceb:

Looks Awesome! Flaming Tritons! The Pirate Brawl is doing rounds of The Void Pool.

Veteran Rewards
  • Hiryu Statuette – 2 Year
  • Sphinx Statuette – 4 Year
  • Enchanted Gardening Shears – 6 Year
    • Will automatically harvest all seeds and/or resources from garden plants
  • Lady of the Snow Statuette – 8 Year
  • Ultima Dragon Deco Pack – 9 Year
    • Decorative Ultima Dragon Bunting, Banner, Flag, and Wall Shield
  • Decorative Lava Pool – 12 Year
    • Small, Medium, and Large
  • Enchanted Greenhouse – 13 Year
    • Holds plants without counting against house lockdowns.
High Seas & Black Market Updates
The following updates have been made to to High Seas & the Black Market located in Buc’s Den,

• Updated list of pirates
  • Added uncommon crabs & lobsters to merchant vessel cargo
  • Black Market Rewards
    • Added additional orchid colors
    • Plunderplucker – bard instrument, random lesser & super slayer. Replenishes charges
    • Ruckuss Rum
      • Shield Transmogrification Target
    • Ship Paints – 4 new hues
    • Skullcarver
      • Artifact Weapon, Human & Gargoyle
    • Pumpkin Cannon
    • Pumpkin Rowboat
    • Reward Titles
      • Swabbie
      • Deckhand
      • Shantyman
Shrouded Sails
Participate in a variety of activities & encounters to collect Plunderin’ Pirate Hats. Increase your odds of collecting Plunderin’ Pirate Hats with the Potion of Glorious Fortune!

• The Void Pool – pirates have invaded the Void Pool! Test your mettle in this all out pirate brawl!
  • Treasure Chests
  • Messages in a Bottle
  • Scalis
  • Corgul
  • Charybdis
  • Merchant Ship Crews
  • Plunderbeacons
  • Dread Pirates
Visit the Sea Market to exchange Plunderin’ Pirate Hats for rewards,

Reward costs are temporary, and final reward costs will be set with World Wide Release

• Returning Rewards
    • Wildfire Lantern
    • Balron Bone Armor
    • Mark of the Destroyer
    • Ranger’s Cloak of Augmentation
  • New Rewards
    • Corsair’s Insignia – Talisman Artifact
    • Libram of the Stormy Seas – Spellbook Artifact
    • Blackheart Baubles – Gargish Earring Artifact
    • Fortune’s Visage – Orc Helm Artifact
    • Sea Tempest’s Bulwark – Skull Shield Artifact
    • Gensis Gem – allows magical transformation of the Triton to the Lava Lizard body type
Ultima Store
  • Shrouded Sails Ship Dyes – 6 new premium ship dyes available!

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How bad is the hat drop rate without the Potion of Glorious Fortune?

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Descriptions can no longer be set for the following vended items: Powerscrolls, Scrolls of Transcendence (SoTs), Scrolls of Alacrity (SoAs), Mastery Primers, and Veteran Reward Shard Transfer Tokens."

I wonder if that was the cause of VS going to hell randomly.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Descriptions can no longer be set for the following vended items: Powerscrolls, Scrolls of Transcendence (SoTs), Scrolls of Alacrity (SoAs), Mastery Primers, and Veteran Reward Shard Transfer Tokens."

I wonder if that was the cause of VS going to hell randomly.
Pretty sure it is to try to curb people using the description to trick the VS results.

1712110877614.png

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty sure it is to try to curb people using the description to trick the VS results.

View attachment 153087
Yeah I thought about that, but people do that with tons of other items too, like labeling plain robes as "Mantle of the Archlich" in descriptions. Seems odd to target it only for a few items, because the people doing it will just change to other items.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yes, the Misc Update on scrolls is designed to help prevent scamming. Perhaps scrolls are just a start? Either way, it's a step in the right direction.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, the Misc Update on scrolls is designed to help prevent scamming. Perhaps scrolls are just a start? Either way, it's a step in the right direction.
Can't hurt, for sure.

I really love how they tied the pirate brawl to the void pool. It's going to be interesting to see how long people can keep the waves at bay, and if bots will be able to keep up with the spawn rate. It seems like it should be extremely fun.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I appreciate the work and changes they put into this.

what I don’t understand is why not relay this to your player base so you can take credit. They didn’t even announce it, just updated the notes for it. They missed an opportunity here.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I appreciate the work and changes they put into this.

what I don’t understand is why not relay this to your player base so you can take credit. They didn’t even announce it, just updated the notes for it. They missed an opportunity here.
My best guess is that they didn't mean for this to be announced - players stumbled upon the updated patch notes. I took screen grabs and posted incase its not final yet and we can compare later. Maybe in a day or two they will acknowledge now that it's otherwise been leaked.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My best guess is that they didn't mean for this to be announced - players stumbled upon the updated patch notes. I took screen grabs and posted incase its not final yet and we can compare later. Maybe in a day or two they're acknowledge now that it's otherwise been leaked.
That could be true. I guess we will see what happens tomorrow.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
My best guess is that they didn't mean for this to be announced - players stumbled upon the updated patch notes. I took screen grabs and posted incase its not final yet and we can compare later. Maybe in a day or two they're acknowledge now that it's otherwise been leaked.
well Kyronix did post yesterday afternoon feedback for pub 117 (in a different thread from the pvp one). I think they just ran out of time yesterday to add it to TC1

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not 100% about how the shard shield Xfer tokens show up (can't verify in game right now) but I think these should be completely prevented from going on vendors, period. I cannot think of a valid reason people would even look to buy these (especially as "deco"). I have seen some people mark the tokens as "Deco only" which would be prevented going forward; seems like that might cause for some confusion so I'd be in favor of making it so they aren't even vendorable.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh eff this... I won't be able to farm pinks peacefully at Fel Corgul when I resub later this month.
One of the very few things I still take some enjoyment in doing in this thing. Alas.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone else find it funny (and par for the course) that the Community Manager posted something at 5pm today talking about "More info is always posted closer to publish"? ... a solid 8 hours after the players started talking about the things that were already posted. Once again poor timing and would have totally been something they should have said at 8am today instead of 5pm and would have completely changed how things looked (being proactive vs reactive).

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Anyone else find it funny (and par for the course) that the Community Manager posted something at 5pm today talking about "More info is always posted closer to publish"? ... a solid 8 hours after the players started talking about the things that were already posted. Once again poor timing and would have totally been something they should have said at 8am today instead of 5pm and would have completely changed how things looked (being proactive vs reactive).
Unfortunately, I assume the community manager is probably kept in the dark about these things. Leaving her(?) to make generic statements. I could be wrong.

Otherwise, Kyronix seems to be the only one who interacts with the player base. Id hate to be the community manager because it seems they’re most likely to be thrown under the bus for the devs lack of communication.

They could have avoided all of this by posting something when they updated the publish notes.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Eh, Merlin said it was gotten on accident or by being quick. Can't blame anyone really but ourselves. It's still great to have any info though.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Eh, Merlin said it was gotten on accident or by being quick. Can't blame anyone really but ourselves. It's still great to have any info though.
Wait, what? The players didn’t update the publish notes. Merlin was merely being speculative.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wait, what? The players didn’t update the publish notes. Merlin was merely being speculative.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding? It looks like it was an updated article from February. To me that looks like they didn't intended to communicate it, yet, and that players just stumbled onto it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Maybe I'm misunderstanding? It looks like it was an updated article from February. To me that looks like they didn't intended to communicate it, yet, and that players just stumbled onto it.
The PvP notes were from Feb, they updated those with the new information yesterday. I don’t know how you would accidentally do that.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I didn't say it was an accident. I said it may have not been intended to be communicated.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I didn't say it was an accident. I said it may have not been intended to be communicated.
Are we discussing semantics now?

Let me rephrase then, how or why would they post this if they did not intend to?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are we discussing semantics now?

Let me rephrase then, how or why would they post this if they did not intend to?
It was an edit to an existing article. I'm not really sure why you're arguing so aggressively. I openly admitted that I may be mistaken. I took it as an unintentional thing. Explaining why the Community Manager's timeline is off.

It's not semantics at all. I'm just giving my thoughts on a reason for the Community Manager's post.

To me, an intentional release of information wouldn't be an edit to an older article.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It was an edit to an existing article. I'm not really sure why you're arguing so aggressively. I openly admitted that I may be mistaken. I took it as an unintentional thing. Explaining why the Community Manager's timeline is off.

It's not semantics at all. I'm just giving my thoughts on a reason for the Community Manager's post.

To me, an intentional release of information wouldn't be an edit to an older article.
This isn’t intended to be aggressive. I’m trying to understand how they would unintentionally, accidentally, or otherwise update a webpage yesterday without an announcement. I assume the community manager was busy hence the reason for the delay.

Though the issue I take with your original comment was the “can’t blame anyone really but ourselves.”

ETA: I don’t believe the community manager is responsible for the official update.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The February date was release one, which was the pvp section of the publish. We are now reaching release 2, which as they edited the original post rather than make a new one, carries the same date.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's a fine line but I think it boils down to being proactive with their release notes vs being reactive.

Proactively placing the release notes at the top of the uo.com page (rather than the M&G) with something saying *Updated* with a date stamp of 4/3 gives the impression they are in control of what's happening and are being methodical. Icing on the cake here is Comm Manager posting a blurb on the UO Forums about "Pub 117 coming to TC1 soon! Check out the release notes on UO.com for a sneak peak"! It builds hype and excitement while also showing it's on purpose.

Reactively saying "We are getting close to a release" or whatever CM said 8 hours after a player posted that updates had been made to the one section of the website gives me the impression that either CM has no clue about the publish (going live or notes being updated etc) whether their fault or not OR that whoever added the notes didn't realize they were making live changes and people would be able to see them. Either way it's not really a good look for the team and could be seen as not having all the ducks in a row...even if it was intentional how they did it.

I think you are right @OREOGL - they don't really keep CM in the know for the important things and kind of leave them out there on an island. I do think they are setting CM up for failure by doing this. Maybe it is or maybe it isn't CM's fault but (IMO) it is a bad look to be active on the forums with multiple new threads about EM blah blah bio / what was your first house / what was your first death / what was your first guild / etc etc for all the fluff stuff and then not be the person who gives us the updates (proactively!!!) about actual game content. Maybe it's just me but I am way more interested in what to look forward to (in game) about new events etc than I am about an EMs bio or what everyone's first house was. This strategy seems like it's just empty posts to fill the time without any actual substance.

Anyways... all of the bickering is what happens when it's been over 3 months without anything new to do. People are bored out of their minds and decide to spend their time going back and forth on threads instead of playing the game.

Last edited:

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
any chance the new paints will be permanent? and what colors ? have they mentioned?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This post by the Community Manager is the exact tone deaf thing I'm talking about with this Dev team.

It's currently 10:45 EST on April 5th. and we are eagerly waiting for the pub 117 release to TC1 without any word on it outside of Kyronix telling us last Thursday "in the coming days".

Instead of posting an update on the release to TC1 (something basic like "looking like next week now sorry") which I'd wager majority of people care about, the Community Manager is making a post at 9:25 about an EM Interview. Again just keeping the paying customer updated would go a long way rather than completely ignoring it and saying "look over there!".

:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1712328591380.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd rather hear something new about an EM rather than a story about the obvious.

Spring event not ready yet. Will publish when ready. Already know that.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We all know your lapdog stance go start your own koolaide thread and let us express our unhappiness

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pawain isn't wrong. You're setting up an expectation for yourself to just be disappointed.

The community manager has little to say about this and that interview probably took at least a week to get thought of, set up, and presentable. Not a week worth of effort, but of just time.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You're setting up an expectation for yourself to just be disappointed.

The community manager has little to say about this and that interview probably took at least a week to get thought of, set up, and presentable. Not a week worth of effort, but of just time.
Pretty sad standard if simply expecting some bare minimum communication / customer service is setting ourselves up for disappointment. Truly is shocking how low some people will allow the bar to go and still find it acceptable (not only that but also defend the low standard).

I'm not discounting the effort it took for the EM interview, I'm saying the timing of it is pretty terrible given multiple people have ask for updates on Pub 117 at this point (it's becoming a touchy subject) and they decide to give an update on EM X. At the end of the day I'm sure it probably did take a week of time to put together the interview but by comparison, many people have been waiting over 3 months now for some sort of new update for the game.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty sad standard if simply expecting some bare minimum communication / customer service is setting ourselves up for disappointment. Truly is shocking how low some people will allow the bar to go and still find it acceptable (not only that but also defend the low standard).

I'm not discounting the effort it took for the EM interview, I'm saying the timing of it is pretty terrible given multiple people have ask for updates on Pub 117 at this point (it's becoming a touchy subject) and they decide to give an update on EM X. At the end of the day I'm sure it probably did take a week of time to put together the interview but by comparison, many people have been waiting over 3 months now for some sort of new update for the game.
At least you tell us it does not have to do with UO having 1 coder working on the Event and 1 QA person. Luckily there are plenty of staff on this. The void pool is probably not behaving as expected.

There is no new update to tell us about. Like NL it is not ready either.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

You're going to complain anyways.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's live on TC right now