• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 116.0 Comes to TC1

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the fall publish has always been about holiday content
with stuff that people have been requesting to return
(people ask for it to return at meet and greets)
content: updates to huntmaster rewards, zombie skeletons, new pumpkin designs, artisan festival, holiday & anniversary gifts... always fall publish

weight reduction bag for leather/wool/cotton would be very helpful
looking forward to it, if thats what this one is for
Like I said earlier about the Huntsman challenge, I get it but I think there would be more benefit updating other stuff. I didn't mention anything about Halloween / Xmas / etc because you are right, those things usually get some sort of new thing added.

updates for other systems...
that content usually would be in a spring and/or summer publish
people have asked for updates to the zoo

updates to the cleanup rewards...
spring would be a good time, because that is when they show us the new vet rewards
I have a few question on this.
  1. The last 4-5 years there hasn't been a "summer" publish. It's actually been the exact opposite and we've gotten nothing to do over the summer except a 4 hours faire (1 day) this year and and strand of pixie lanterns last year. I've said it the last few few years that I swear the Dev team thinks they are teachers because they go on summer break like school is out. When was the last time we actually had "summer content" or something added (outside of a clicky) to work for in the summer months?
  2. When is the last time we saw an update for another system like Clean Up / Library / ML Drops / Doom / Shadowguard / etc?
  3. What was the "spring" update this year again? What "new update" did we receive?

asking them to do more of that right now
is just crazy with all that they are doing in right now
I have no problem with you @Cinderella so I don't want this to come off the wrong way but do you know what the team is actually doing right now? If so please do share but please don't say "working on NL" because we've heard that the past 3 years. This is part of the problem with the lack of communication / roadmap / insight from this Dev team; it's impossible to know what they are doing.

I'm not sure what methodology the Dev team uses but I will say this from systems Project Management 101. From a PM standpoint, now that this sprint is coming to a close (ie all the content is developed) the only thing left is deployment and support. That means they should be gearing up over the next month or so to start another sprint with more updates so they should be filling the pipeline now. If we aren't starting to talk about some other worthwhile updates until next Feb/March then it's likely too late and since they only do "all other" updates spring/summer, according to you, that means we would be looking at 2025 for the updates.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Great googly moogly!

Looking forward to attempting to get a full set of the Ultima all hangings. I've been an Ultima fan forever, so I'll be grabbing the classic ones first to try and get the full set of those before jumping to the UO ones.

The data mined pictures have me excited as well. I'll be very glad to get my virtue sets complete after waiting for the blankets and stained glass windows.

Looks like I'll be helping my wife gather pumpkins for carving and helping her with the snowy pillows. As far as the snowy sculptures, I live on Ice Island, so these will be a most welcome addition, especially the bouras, which are my favorite tameable and trainable creature in the game (just wish they were rideable).

I do want to touch on something that was said about resource gathering. I agree to a point about buying resources from bots. However, I can play for a few hours a day and I spend a ridiculous time gathering and completing bulk order deeds, which take a lot of resources. It's not a matter of laziness. I simply don't have the time to gather and fill the BODs I collect... and I collect a lot per day, mostly for the artisan festival.

One last comment. Anyone else find it funny that they don't want us to hoard bulk order deeds, but the artisan festival requires a ton of bulk order deeds to participate?

There. All done.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
artisan festival: sick of seeing blankets and paper lanterns :sad2:

would help if you could dye them like another guy said. but still...

got a book filled with 500 large bods , all completed, sadly that is enough for one whole tree and part of another haha
Yes waay too many bods required to build one.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I agree Huntmaster's was a great addition. That's part of my point that the team seemingly goes back to the well time and time again whenever they have a decent idea (ie Krampus / Artisan Fest / 1 day faire / etc) to the point they exhaust it when the effort could be a better return on investment (for the player base) by broadening their scope.

Example: The Vet reward crafting tools were a great idea (smithing / tailoring machines). They followed up that idea every year afterwards with more crafting stations for each skill which initially were still pretty good... until they reach like the Carto table. I think the Huntsman is very similar where the initial satchels were great and then they added more... and now they are adding more... It just shows a total lack of creativity IMO. I'm sure there are some people who will enjoy yet another weight reduction container and that's great for those people. I just think more people would have benefitted from updating the clean up rewards instead.

I do think it's a bit ironic though that you say in the first blurb about some people can play hours upon hours for trophies (like it's something you can't do) and then in the second blurb you say that buying stacks of resources seems lazy and easy. Yea it is but that's because many people don't have hours upon hours to devote harvesting resources, they'd rather just craft. Resource gathering is time consuming (regardless of weight reduction containers) so that's a perfect reason to buy stacks off a vendor... less time dealing with boring time consuming activities and more time actively achieving things.
was talking about the folks that play 20 hours a day every day... yes they are out there and no i cannot do that lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Players are already talking about Krampus and Artisan festival, Halloween, Huntsmaster. Everyone can participate. An event for killing stuff, then events anyone can participate in. Sounds good to me.

After 26 years I think you underestimate the amount of players that are content with their fighters gear and are happy for more Halloween, Krampus, and Artisan Festival, type gameplay.

Note: This year completes the Artisan set. Many will be trying to get the last 8 pieces as fast as possible.